You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Show us how you picture your retirement

Message 11 of 681

DSCF0030 - Copy (800x600).jpg         We have been practicing retirement in many ways. From zip lining, running through a corn field, flash mob, walking through the rain forest, flying kites, playing with the grandkids, sharing quality time  with each other. From the highest peaks to under the waters our retirement will be seeking adventures of joyful self expression. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 681
I retired 7 years ago, my standards of living plunged. I was a nurse for over 35 years. If you are blessed with good health, I suggest you work even if it's part time. Retirement is definitely over rated. Part time jobs still let you live your life with freedom, and the extra money makes it easier /better. Once you have been out of the workforce for five years, it's hard to get back because most jobs want someone with recent experience. I'm a nurse and it was difficult to get employment. I had to go back to school for a refresher course that cost me about 4,000 dollars. I'm going to work as long as I can. I love it, especially at my age 65.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 681

Sunset in Puerto Rico.jpgLovely Sunset Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.jpgPICTURE YOUR RETIREMENT WALL.png

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 681

...at the end of things. Don't let life live you; you must live life! When we are on our deathbeds... I can look back on my life and say:

"I have no regrets; I made mistakes, I wasn't perfect, I didn't make everyone happy, but I lived my life, and I am happy!"

Happy trails................

Serengeti-Michael with Elephant 2.jpg

Michael T Kordsmeier
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 681

Love this site and view for Retirement life.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 681
small house at the water's edge near Oak Island, NC. Waves rolling while I watch my grandchildren play, laugh and have fun.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 681

Well, we made it 4.5 miles into the Everglades before remnants of Tropical storm Erika dumped on us with a lot of rain...but, it was worth the effort!

IMG_1405.jpg

Michael T Kordsmeier
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 681
On an all expense cruise around the world!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

My life now and into the future

Message 19 of 681

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Day hikes.jpgHiking with houndsGirlfriends for life.jpgGirlfriendsMaintain relationships.jpgTime with the guyEat Well.jpgEating wellSigning at Cornershelf Bookstore.JPGMore book signingsEnjoy the view.jpgTaking a momentWriting.jpgMore writingContemplation.jpgTime for contemplationGardening.jpgMore gardeningHealth & Wellness.jpgKeep moving along, eating well, and feeding the mindEat what we grow.jpgKeep growing foodLearn Spanish.pngLearn Spanish well enough to speak easilyTime with Fam.jpgMore quality time with famNew Zealand.jpgTravel more throughout the worldWell published.jpgContinue having my work publishedConservation bio.jpgParticipate in global strategies in my fieldRead more.jpgRead more great books and storiesTravel 2.jpegVisit as many national parks as possibleTravel 3.jpgMore parksTravel Thailand.jpgTravel the world againTravel Australia.jpgAustralia's still on the listTravel.jpegTravel the parksYin & Yang.JPGPupsAdvocating for earth.jpgPractice making digital artCorel digital art.jpgMaster art with digital devicesLatin Dance.jpgLearn Latin dance

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 681

Well, we're down to the last couple of days in describing our retirement plans. Tonight, my wife and I are celebrating the discipation of "Hurricane Erika" to a low pressure system by riding bikes in Shark Valley Everglades when the full moon rises...I'll keep you posted.

full moon ride.jpg

Michael T Kordsmeier
Kudos
Views