Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Info Seeker

Re: Senior Co-Housing

Message 1 of 27
My companion and I have been doing this for 10 yrs now and it has worked out really well for us. we split the rent and utilities and enjoy the same things. the familys understand our reasons and are ok with it. I have 5 kids and they are ok with it too. It works for us. I know several other people that are doing this too.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 27
life is truly a journey with a definite destination in the end..,.death...sometimes we need a helping hand and a loving hug to proceed with the journey or meet the destination. sounds like a good idea for someone like me, living alone in a home larger than I need. bob
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 27

It would have to be someone who had the same ideals/goals as I. Having some kind of a agreeent/contract (similar to but not as detailed as Sheldon's on - Big Bang Theory). My sister helped someone get back on their feet by allowing them to live with her without some type of agreement as to what the expectations were - it became an uncomfortable situation. When the person was able to find other housing, items/furniture were left in my sister's home.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 27

I have also researched a couple and find them far too expensive, usually way over $250,000 plus monthly fees, etc., plus the shared work each owner puts into the community....too bad.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 27

i have always loved the idea of cohousing but can't afford it.  i have yet to see a cohousing community in which the units are less than ab out 225,000 with a monthly fee like a condo.  i can only afford 80-100,000.  i think this is a severe limitation for many of us.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 27

I like the idea of sharing the place right down the middle. We would have to trust each other and be able to talk out any changes that we each want to make. If this is a real deal, how do we get more info 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 27
Love the idea
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 27

How do I find the articles on co-housing and retirement.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 27

m907706g wrote:

No thanks.  My cat's enough.

@m907706g  Great but what if you become unable to live alone. Who will look after you and of the cat?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Conversationalist

Re: Adult Cohousing forming in Guanjuato, Mexico

Message 10 of 27
@Denwood54. The project is just starting out. Maybe by the time you retire, we may still be accepting members. Or, if you want to plan ahead and have a place ready to move, you may want to consider that option. If you'd like more information or have questions, I'd be happy to answer. Jan