Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Retirement Projects

Message 11 of 12

Suggestion 1

Photo organization.

How many of you have boxes of pictures of family that you got from your parents or have collected yourself sitting on a shelf somewhere?

These are on the top ten list of things that your kids do not want.  Especially if they do not know who the people are,  what the occasions are/were, have no one to ask any longer.. etc.

Go through your pictures and either store them electronically or put the ones you want to keep in an album, but only after noting who the people were and as much other information about them as you can find.

I did that with my mother.  We took her big box of pictures from down in the dusty basement and went through them.  Did it take time?  well of course but I got to spend time with my mother and talk about all of the old times and the people in those pictures, many of family from Europe that died long before, either before or after the war.  

There might be one person in your family that is interested.  If so you know what to do with them.  But don't leave the box sitting unless you are not planning to give it to anyone.  You know where it will end up.  I recall one of the first times that I went to one of the giant weekend flea markets in NYC.  There were thousands of pictures of unknown people in boxes at many vendor stands.  So many memories and no one to honor or appreciate them.   Sad. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Retirement Projects

Message 12 of 12

Lots of people talk about all of the spare time that they have after they retire and how they are going to fill it.  Many have projects that they have been waiting for years to tackle..  

What about you?   Do you have projects that you have taken on or are  planning on?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors