Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retirement COVID Party!

Friday - May 14, 2021

What are your thoughts on your life finally RETURNING to whatever you call NORMAL based on latest CDC guidelines?

• I don't know about you guys, but my DANCING SHOES are on my feet as COVID finally is under control in MY AREA 🙂 🙂 🙂
  • I still WEAR my mask and social distance when out and about, but NOT at home or in my car. I am still AVOIDING crowds I do not have to be a part of. Lol, CDC keeps CHANGING their thoughts on transmission.
  • Yes, I got the famous (now to see if it works/lol) MODERNA vaccine February 10th and March 10th of this year 🙂 🙂 🙂
  • My only child REFUSES to get any of the vaccines and I have to let her do her thing 😉 It is very hard as a parent to do this when our kids are ADULTS!!!! She will always be my baby. But don't tell her I told you this/lol.
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

HI @Anonymous I'm waiting for my state (WA) and local businesses to catch up with the CDC announcement. Went out yesterday with daughter and my ex. We've all had the J&J vaccine. We went for a walk non the trails in a wooded park without masks, but put them on when ending the day with dinner out, as the restaurant required it.

I never wore a mask in my car, except when going through a drive through and was at the window. And for most of those times, I also wore jewelers gloves when handing over payment and taking in drinks and food sacks. I'll probably continue masking at pick up windows for this until restaurants stop requiring their employees to do so.

Occasionally I have Molly Maids or some handyman come into my home, and if their company policy is to mask up on the job, then I will wear a mask in my home as a courtesy for them unless I can be in a separate room.

I never did wear a mask outdoors all last year and this.  I'm just never in close contact with anyone outside, and our state requirement was to only mask outside IF we couldn't be 10 feet away from others. As an introvert, I always have avoided crowds. LOL

It is definitely nice to be released from this need, but if the coronavirus becomes a seasonal thing, I'll likely mask up when shopping during the season.  I have kinda liked the anonymity the masks have provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - May 14, 2021

I just gave you a kudo @DeahWA , hope you didnot get an email/lol. I like the kudo setup, but this board is the only social media I am doing in my OLD age 😉 I am in VA and have no idea what they have decided to do. Since I do not give rides, daughter in Florida, it is just me, myself and I in my car. With VARIANTS once again starting OVERSEAS, I feel our vaccines will NOT protect us against these. Rather be SAFE than sorry. Great hearing from you!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

It's really good to see you back, @Anonymous . And no I did NOT get a kudo notice -- yay! -- and nonetheless, I thank you for it. 😉

Yeah, I'm a bit anxious about the variants too. I've heard that the J&J vaccine was protective against the South African and Brazilian variants, which was one reason I especially wanted that one, but I haven't heard about newer variants being prevented by that vax. 

Listening to Fauci right now, and he's saying that it's possible we will all need to get booster shots next year.  I've never gotten the annual flu shots, but I will probably get covid boosters. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - May 14, 2021

Lol @DeahWA , I am never really back as as usual I will have the individual who feels she owns this board hit my last nerve = got to STEP AWAY to CALM DOWN. Every social media has one of them. Fingers crossed she stays out of the retirement forum 😉 Now to see if AARP Michael will respond to my question about a moderator for the Retirement Forum. We report SPAM over and over and ZERO done. I also want to find out if AARP are paying them or they are volunteers. Either way, if things do not change, I will not return from my breaks from the drama which AARP is allowing. They deleted the politics forum which was the easy way out instead of moderating it. Sad!! Lol, at this rate, we might as well shut the whole board down. Newbies arrive, all EXCITED like I was in October 2019, then get a taste of a certain individual who feels she is better than anyone else. I read some of her responses to newbies and cringe 😞 But that is AARP for you 😉 Let the bullies control certain forums/lol. Anyway girl, as I get OLDER, I walk away quickly. APPRECIATE you and Christine. Christine really wants this board to grow. It will GROW when AARP begins to CARE about the NEWBIES!!!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

I saw your questions to Michael and thought answers would shed some good light. I hope you get them @Anonymous 

There is one particular person that rubs me wrong too, altho the energy feels male to me and the name is ambiguous. Their rude, bullying, hostile, argumentative, seemingly intentionally aggressive posts have earned them the "Recognized Social Butterfly" label, which is, IMHO, a dam' shame. I would personally have a different label for them, but it would probably be banned (starts with A ends with E). LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - May 14, 2021

Lol, a lot of them now HARASS in other forums with their FAV politics forum being deleted. I had reported one who just would not leave me alone. Thank goodness ALL of his name calling posts got deleted after I posted I had reported him. Lol, no problems moving forward. I had jumped to the defence of a NEWBIE who went away. BULLY started on me.  ALL of this should be NIPPED immediately, but nope. My girl feels she is an EXPERT on ALL forums and feels a need to respond to AARP focused posts = posts asking AARP folks stuff. Surprised she has not added her smartass comments to my post to AARP Michael/lol. Thanks for the chuckle @DeahWA = got to feel sorry for ONLINE BULLIES/lol.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Maybe the solution is to have a forum just for bullies. Sort of like an internet corral. Keep them all bunched together. They can chew on each other and leave the rest of us alone. LOL 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Friday - May 14, 2021

Lol @DeahWA !!!!

I have already prepared my permanent exit. Riding things out until this JULY when my membership EXPIRES. Hopefully AARP makes changes, or bye permanently.

1. Had @AARPJanelleM replace my real picture with an avatar. I have NEVER been able to get access to my SETTINGS. So GRATEFUL she responded to my cry (private message) for help. AWESOME lady 🙂
  2. Left ACE program. @AARPMichaelP saw this/lol = had to explain why to him. Another AWESOME AARP person 🙂
  3. Deleted all my bio about myself and changed my USER NAME. Lol, now I look like a SPAMMER ACCOUNT 😉
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

200.gif

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP