Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retirees, What Do You Like/Dislike About Your Location? 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retirees, What Do You Like/Dislike About Your Location? 🤔

• This discussion was created on May 18, 2021 1:45pm EST.
  • What do LIKE about your city and/or state?
  • What do you DISLIKE about your city and/or state?
  • Is it a GREAT place to retire in YOUR opinion? Lol, not trying to PROMOTE any lists out there from the experts 😉 If YES, why? If NO, why?
  • Do you PLAN on staying in your location? If NO, where are you HEADING to?
Bronze Conversationalist

Another great question @Anonymous 

I like the green nature, mountains, coastline and generally mild climate of WA state.

I like the range of educational institutions here.

I love the availability of natural and alternative medical services here.

I like the variety and proximity of shopping, parks, services in my city.

I like the ability to get a lot of stuff delivered quickly here

I like that food allergies are taken seriously in the Puget Sound region

I like that some cities are moving towards universal wifi

I love that there is no personal state income tax here.

I dislike that sales tax is so high here.

I dislike that summer's are short and winters are more rainy than snowy.

I dislike builders that tear out forests to build more apartments that add more traffic.

I dislike that housing is ridiculously expensive here.

I dislike that the Seattle Freeze (difficulty making friends here) is real.

I dislike growth of conservative politics, evangelical fundamentalism and white supremacy invading public school systems and local government here, including law enforcement.

I do think it's a great place to retire, for the environment, the variety of sports and recreational activities -- if you have money, or bought here before housing got expensive.

I'm not planning to go elsewhere but who knows?

Regular Social Butterfly

Las Vegas, NV

While it's considered "sin city" outside the "strip" it's truly just a North America city (whether Canada, Mexico or USA).

The only complaint I have is SUMMER in the DESERT; I should be used to that but guess you never can't actually be... other than those 3.5 months, it's great, people, climate and activity.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Anonymous
Not applicable

May 18, 2021

Yes I can imagine how hot it gets @WebWiseWoman 😱 Thank you for stopping by to chat with us 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hot Springs Village AR, sure cheap living, pretty area, but it is an HOA. Golf but it's additional.

Anonymous
Not applicable

May 18, 2021

@Springs57 thanks for warning us!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

• 💥MY RESPONSE for May 18, 2021 2pm EST💥
  • Cave Spring, VIRGINIA.
  • I LIKE my city because there is NO space to ADD anything/lol. A few GREEN areas still FOR SALE and hoping the PRICES stay HIGH to discourage loss of these peaceful, beautiful areas.
  • I DISLIKE my city because of GROWING traffic and our 2-LANE roads around MOUNTAINS are being ABUSED by folks who feel a need to RIDE BUMPERS = way too many FATAL accidents. I ENJOYED the EMPTY streets when we were told to STAY HOME except for ESSENTIAL trips. I was working and my UNION made our employer pass out LETTERS to us to carry AT ALL TIMES. Yes, you could have been PULLED over by police at ANY TIME 😱 We are NOW back to the CRAZINESS 😭
  • NOPE, I would NOT recommend it as a great place to RETIRE. NO train. City bus is a trip. No service on Sundays and bus starts at about 7am to 7pm 🙄 Then they wonder why we all have CARS 🤣😂 
  • Hmmm, want to stay in VIRGINIA but would luv to LIVE in VARIOUS cities maybe for ONE YEAR. Kind of like the a OLD hippie 😉
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP