Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retirees, What Are You Grateful for Today? ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retirees, What Are You Grateful for Today? ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต

• This discussion was created on May 16, 2021 12:40pm EST.
  • I know some days it is a challenge to feel grateful. ๐Ÿ™„
  • Hmmm, how about 1 thing?
  • They say we get more good things when we appreciate them when they arrive. ๐Ÿค”
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you!
Regular Contributor

Hello all:

I am grateful for:

Waking up this morning

Sleeping last night safely

A warm house with food

Income to pay bills and thrills

Friends to talk to (not a lot but good ones)

My Lord and Savior who cares for me (not getting into a discussion, the question was what am I grateful for)

Not having to go to work anymore and nothing temps me to at this time.

Roku and YouTube (smile) No cable

Nicole, I am grateful for Uber and Lyft as well. No car but great public transportation where I live(major city) It is an expense but sometimes 

you need the comfort that comes with riding in a car. Ridden in some

pretty nice ones too! Whatever I can do to comfort me, I do now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/9/23) SO GOOD to hear from you @MicheleS11593 !!! No cable or TV for me. FREE Tubi and YouTube. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hate Uber, but grateful when my other Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) is at mechanic and my only child in Florida sends one for me. I am in Cave Spring, Virginia. Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Regular Contributor

Hello NicoleRetired2020!

I live in Philadelphia Pa( Philly for short) Be here once and everyone calls it Philly. Has issues but is home.  I retired at the

end of December 2019. So retirement has been bittersweet. Things that I wanted to do got postponed until 2022. Haven't done all but gradually I did more in 2022.

One of those was dumping cable. My bill crept to over $250.00 monthly for channels I never watched. I decided I am out! I have a $20.00 indoor antenna and Roku. Luckily 6 tv station antennas are nearby so I pick up a lot. We came from an era of 3 majors, public tv, independents and bent wire hangers for antennas when the regular one did not work.๐Ÿ˜Š

Great that your daughter orders rideshare for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅTuesday - June 22, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Well this morning I was told my 9am dental appointment for this Thursday had to be rescheduled. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Just got a call saying I have it back. ๐Ÿ˜ Lol it pays to complain. And I gave them an ear full. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Grateful!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMonday - June 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I am grateful for both @AARPMichaelP and @AARPJanelleM  and my AARP Family๐Ÿ˜ Today Michael gave me back my Ace Badge after I had opted out last month ๐Ÿ™„ Thank you Michael! I had to step away for a bit. Thank you all for making me feel welcome ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Thank you Jannelle, I am keeping an eye out for my Membership Renewal gift in the mail. Luv you all!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Monday - June 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I am so grateful to have a reliable car. One of my neighbors has a brand new car that stays at his mechanic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Sunday - June 13, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

1. Grateful for my dental office checking on my pain = they are not open today!!!
  2. Grateful for the awesome folks who interacted with me today. (hugs)
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅ My response for Friday - June 11, 2021 ๐Ÿ’ฅ

I hate going to my doctor's office = way too much time sitting around waiting. Today they took me as soon as I arrived for my 9am appointment and I was back home by 10am. So Grateful ๐Ÿ˜

Periodic Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chocolatt wrote:

Grateful for family, friends and strangers that have been in my life. Whether the interaction was positive or negative, I have learned from it. Grateful to be retired!!!!

Thank you! @Anonymous  for being so helpful and gracious.

๐Ÿ’ฅ You are welcome @Chocolatt Lots of hugs, Angela ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅ My response for Thursday - June 10, 2021 9:15am ๐Ÿ’ฅ

I am so grateful to AARP cleaning up this board ๐Ÿ˜ Last night we had some awesome discussions. So glad our MIA old timers are returning!!!!! You have been missed ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— And welcome to our newbies who jumped in and joined us ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Thank you AARP for hearing us! Now we can stop by, share, chill again. Just awesome!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Wednesday - June 9, 2021 4:30pm EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

Lol, grateful that a very tall man was in my aisle at Walmart today so I didnot have to climb the shelves ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Hey Walmart, we need a step ladder in your aisles ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

download.jpeg.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Wednesday - June 9, 2021 3:15pm EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

Grateful for the toddlers next door running over to give me hugs as I was unloading my Walmart groceries from my car. Such luv ๐Ÿค— I got to see my doggie friend Blitz who lives next door. Lol, he came outside to see what all the fuss was about ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Friday - May 21, 2021 11:30am EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

Very grateful for @AARPRachelA ๐Ÿค—

1. She CARES about us.
  2. She RESOLVES board ISSUES.
  3. And NO FAVORISM = she expects us ALL to follow the AARP rules ๐Ÿ™‚
  4. She is the REASON I keep coming back. I can PM (private message) her anytime.
  5. THANK YOU RACHEL!!!
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous, this is so nice! Your kind words warmed my soul ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ I'm grateful for you and this wonderful community!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Thursday - May 20, 2021 4:30pm EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

I am grateful for my 3 neighbors (2 on each side, 1 above) running their air on VERY COLD = I cannot afford to use mine. They KEEP me cool ๐Ÿ˜‰ 84 outside now ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 74 in my studio apartment with a HUGE Walmart floor fan rotating. Luv it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for Thursday - May 20, 2021 7am EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

• TODAY I get MORE portable wifi (see picture below) ๐Ÿ™‚ My daughter bought me a COOLPAD which you can take anywhere with you when I was HOMELESS ๐Ÿค— Even after getting off the streets, I kept it. Beats having to BUY wifi. When I am out and about and there is FREE wifi, I shut my unit off. I get NEW data every 20th of EACH day of the month. TODAY is the 20th. My OLD laptop (now recycled) was eating up my data the same day I got it due to the awful Windows 10 uodates. Never got it updated.
  • And I finally get to use my brand NEW Apple i-pad to go online to do my CONVERSATIONAL Spanish Lessons ๐Ÿ˜‰ Decided to replace my 3-year old Dell laptop when the motherboard had to be replaced ๐Ÿ™„ That was it for me ๐Ÿ˜ค Hated having to do this but totally over Microsoft. Lol, NEVER used Apple so my OLD brain will be LEARNING. My daughter already informed me she knows ZERO about APPLE = I am on my own this time ๐Ÿ˜ฑ She has been my electronic expert over the years. A lot easier and lighter to tote too. My laptop bag way too big for i-pad ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

20210520_110217.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Waking up! On a serious note I'm grateful for the freedom and no alarm clock going off every day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅMy response for May 16, 2021 1:15pm EST๐Ÿ’ฅ

I am grateful to have a loving adult daughter (my only child) who keeps an eye on her OLD Ma. This has no PRICE TAG ๐Ÿ˜‰ I never celebrate Mother's Day as EVERY DAY is my Mother's Day. She visits, texts and calls me to make sure I am okay EVERY DAY. GRATEFUL!!!

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with my daughter yesterday and Thursday when she drove back from the far side of the state where she's in college. And today, I'm grateful that I don't have to go anywhere and that my groceries got delivered.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP