- AARP Online Community
- AARP Rewards
- Earn Activities
- AARP Rewards Connect
- AARP Rewards Tips
- Ask for a Rewards Tip
- Leave a Rewards Tip
- Grief & Loss
- Share and Find Caregiving Tips - AARP Online Community
- Ask for a Caregiving Tip
- Leave a Caregiving Tip
- Atari Talk
- Games Talk
- Games Tips
- Leave a Game Tip
- Ask for a Game Tip
- Health Forums
- Brain Health
- Conditions & Treatments
- Healthy Living
- Medicare & Insurance
- Health Tips
- Ask for a Health Tip
- Leave a Health Tip
- Retirement Forum
- Social Security
- Retirement Archive
- Money Forums
- Budget & Savings
- Scams & Fraud
- Travel Forums
- Home & Family Forums
- Friends & Family
- Introduce Yourself
- Late Life Divorce
- Our Front Porch
- Home & Family Archive
- Technology Forums
- Computer Questions & Tips
- About Our Community
- Entertainment Forums
- Rock N' Roll
- Let's Play Bingo!
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Entertainment Archive
- Work & Jobs
- Work & Jobs
- AARP Help
- Benefits & Discounts
- General Help
Retirees, What Are You Grateful for Today? 👴👵
- This discussion was created on May 16, 2021 12:40pm EST.
- I know some days it is a challenge to feel grateful. 🙄
- Hmmm, how about 1 thing?
- They say we get more good things when we appreciate them when they arrive. 🤔
- Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
- We luv hearing from you!
💥Tuesday - June 22, 2021💥
Well this morning I was told my 9am dental appointment for this Thursday had to be rescheduled. 😭 Just got a call saying I have it back. 😁 Lol it pays to complain. And I gave them an ear full. 🤣😂 Grateful!!!
💥Monday - June 14, 2021💥
I am grateful for both @AARPMichaelP and @AARPJanelleM and my AARP Family😁 Today Michael gave me back my Ace Badge after I had opted out last month 🙄 Thank you Michael! I had to step away for a bit. Thank you all for making me feel welcome 🤗🤗 Thank you Jannelle, I am keeping an eye out for my Membership Renewal gift in the mail. Luv you all!!
💥 My response for Friday - June 11, 2021 💥
I hate going to my doctor's office = way too much time sitting around waiting. Today they took me as soon as I arrived for my 9am appointment and I was back home by 10am. So Grateful 😁
💥 My response for Thursday - June 10, 2021 9:15am 💥
I am so grateful to AARP cleaning up this board 😁 Last night we had some awesome discussions. So glad our MIA old timers are returning!!!!! You have been missed 🤗🤗🤗 And welcome to our newbies who jumped in and joined us 🤗🤗🤗 Thank you AARP for hearing us! Now we can stop by, share, chill again. Just awesome!!!!
💥My response for Wednesday - June 9, 2021 4:30pm EST💥
Lol, grateful that a very tall man was in my aisle at Walmart today so I didnot have to climb the shelves 😱 Hey Walmart, we need a step ladder in your aisles 😂😂
💥My response for Wednesday - June 9, 2021 3:15pm EST💥
Grateful for the toddlers next door running over to give me hugs as I was unloading my Walmart groceries from my car. Such luv 🤗 I got to see my doggie friend Blitz who lives next door. Lol, he came outside to see what all the fuss was about 😂🤣
💥My response for Friday - May 21, 2021 11:30am EST💥
Very grateful for @AARPRachelA 🤗
- She CARES about us.
- She RESOLVES board ISSUES.
- And NO FAVORISM = she expects us ALL to follow the AARP rules 🙂
- She is the REASON I keep coming back. I can PM (private message) her anytime.
- THANK YOU RACHEL!!!
💥My response for Thursday - May 20, 2021 4:30pm EST💥
I am grateful for my 3 neighbors (2 on each side, 1 above) running their air on VERY COLD = I cannot afford to use mine. They KEEP me cool 😉 84 outside now 😱 74 in my studio apartment with a HUGE Walmart floor fan rotating. Luv it!
💥My response for Thursday - May 20, 2021 7am EST💥
- TODAY I get MORE portable wifi (see picture below) 🙂 My daughter bought me a COOLPAD which you can take anywhere with you when I was HOMELESS 🤗 Even after getting off the streets, I kept it. Beats having to BUY wifi. When I am out and about and there is FREE wifi, I shut my unit off. I get NEW data every 20th of EACH day of the month. TODAY is the 20th. My OLD laptop (now recycled) was eating up my data the same day I got it due to the awful Windows 10 uodates. Never got it updated.
- And I finally get to use my brand NEW Apple i-pad to go online to do my CONVERSATIONAL Spanish Lessons 😉 Decided to replace my 3-year old Dell laptop when the motherboard had to be replaced 🙄 That was it for me 😤 Hated having to do this but totally over Microsoft. Lol, NEVER used Apple so my OLD brain will be LEARNING. My daughter already informed me she knows ZERO about APPLE = I am on my own this time 😱 She has been my electronic expert over the years. A lot easier and lighter to tote too. My laptop bag way too big for i-pad 🤣😂
💥My response for May 16, 2021 1:15pm EST💥
I am grateful to have a loving adult daughter (my only child) who keeps an eye on her OLD Ma. This has no PRICE TAG 😉 I never celebrate Mother's Day as EVERY DAY is my Mother's Day. She visits, texts and calls me to make sure I am okay EVERY DAY. GRATEFUL!!!
I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with my daughter yesterday and Thursday when she drove back from the far side of the state where she's in college. And today, I'm grateful that I don't have to go anywhere and that my groceries got delivered.