ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Reinvention After Retirement?

Message 21 of 22

d451933h wrote:

In my 20's I has such dreams. Then reality hit and I allowed work and life to imprison me for decades. I am now 64 and a half and just took an early retirement package. I'm not rich, but hope to reinvent myself, or perhaps rediscover myself is a better term, and to earn an income again. Enough to supplement social security or replace it. But a meaningful income, doing things that fulfill my soul, not just filling my wallet.

Is there a specific forum, website, book that addresses retirees who are seeking to rediscover their long lost dreams and maybe achieve at least some of them?

Thanks in advance.

DH

@d451933h Huzzbah to you for having moxie enough to want to find your joy! I stand and applaud!

Growing Bolder is an outfit that I like alot. They have all sorts of social media outlets, and you'll find them, but here's the main web site: https://www.growingbolder.com

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Reinvention After Retirement?

Message 22 of 22

In my 20's I has such dreams. Then reality hit and I allowed work and life to imprison me for decades. I am now 64 and a half and just took an early retirement package. I'm not rich, but hope to reinvent myself, or perhaps rediscover myself is a better term, and to earn an income again. Enough to supplement social security or replace it. But a meaningful income, doing things that fulfill my soul, not just filling my wallet.

Is there a specific forum, website, book that addresses retirees who are seeking to rediscover their long lost dreams and maybe achieve at least some of them?

Thanks in advance.

DH

Report Inappropriate Content