Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Reinvention After Retirement?

Message 21 of 22 (2,062 Views)

d451933h wrote:

In my 20's I has such dreams. Then reality hit and I allowed work and life to imprison me for decades. I am now 64 and a half and just took an early retirement package. I'm not rich, but hope to reinvent myself, or perhaps rediscover myself is a better term, and to earn an income again. Enough to supplement social security or replace it. But a meaningful income, doing things that fulfill my soul, not just filling my wallet.

Is there a specific forum, website, book that addresses retirees who are seeking to rediscover their long lost dreams and maybe achieve at least some of them?

Thanks in advance.

DH

@d451933h Huzzbah to you for having moxie enough to want to find your joy! I stand and applaud!

Growing Bolder is an outfit that I like alot. They have all sorts of social media outlets, and you'll find them, but here's the main web site: https://www.growingbolder.com

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Reinvention After Retirement?

Message 22 of 22 (1,406 Views)

In my 20's I has such dreams. Then reality hit and I allowed work and life to imprison me for decades. I am now 64 and a half and just took an early retirement package. I'm not rich, but hope to reinvent myself, or perhaps rediscover myself is a better term, and to earn an income again. Enough to supplement social security or replace it. But a meaningful income, doing things that fulfill my soul, not just filling my wallet.

Is there a specific forum, website, book that addresses retirees who are seeking to rediscover their long lost dreams and maybe achieve at least some of them?

Thanks in advance.

DH