Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต Ready To Retire?

Here are my "suggestions" - everyone please ADD to my list. Thanks  Nicole ๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ต (Retirement Forum)

(1) Decide when to start Social Security.

(2) Sign up for Medicare or other health insurance.

(3) Check your retirement benefits.

(4) Take advantage of last-minute benefits at work.

(5) Consider rolling over your 401(k) to an IRA.

(6) Make a financial plan.

(7) Decide what to do next.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

Luckily, I worked for a company that let me retire with full benefits after 30 years of service AND paid for my health insurance until I was of Medicare age.

I decided to take Social Security early as my family is not particularly long lived.

Applying for Social Security was a "breeze" on-line and Medicare was automatic because I was already receiving Social Security.

My experience in retirement is that you won't spend near the amount of money you did as a working "stiff" so these advisors that say you need to be prepared to spend 80% of what you did while working are full of crap.

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

Luckily, I worked for a company that let me retire with full benefits after 30 years of service AND paid for my health insurance until I was of Medicare age.

I decided to take Social Security early as my family is not particularly long lived.

Applying for Social Security was a "breeze" on-line and Medicare was automatic because I was already receiving Social Security.

My experience in retirement is that you won't spend near the amount of money you did as a working "stiff" so these advisors that say you need to be prepared to spend 80% of what you did while working are full of crap.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP