Re: Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

Message 1 of 27 (2,239 Views)
Google this: the Villages, sinkholes.
Recognized Social Butterfly

REPLY::: MOVE : Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 27 (2,375 Views)

p967909w 

I warmly invite you to check out "The Villages".  It is a friendly place to live with lots of activities to enjoy.  Will be happy to answer any questions if you send me a private note.

Hope to hear from you soon.

649bdfef73fcc540efe471175a0047a3.jpg

p967909w wrote:

More info on the Villages of Florida would b helpful. A longtime fellow Oscodean passed away while living there recently our honors choir msy hsve stayed there years ago to entertain at amusement park.

Info Seeker

Re: MOVE : Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

Message 3 of 27 (2,717 Views)

More info on the Villages of Florida would b helpful. A longtime fellow Oscodean passed away while living there recently our honors choir msy hsve stayed there years ago to entertain at amusement park.

MOVE : Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

Message 4 of 27 (4,530 Views)

We are now Florida residents loving life in The Villages!

The Villages is approximately 55 miles north of Orlando.

It is like living in wonderland.  Seniors are treated with respect and kindness.

The Villagers are helpful and friendly.  It is called "America's Friendliest Hometown".

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 27 (4,607 Views)

There are communities in my area that address this.  I have a client moving from Austria to Port St Lucie.  She was looking for a moderately priced home ( not over 150) and does not drive.  I found a community that offers bus service for their residents weekly.  Pick up at the clubhouse they then travel to Publix (grocery), Steinmart (shopping), and Walmart.  The city also offers a transit bus that seniors use for free.  If you need a ride to the doctor office or other appointments, they pick you up at no cost.  Of course, once you move and build new friendships at the clubhouse and events in the community, you will developn a new group of friends from the bridge club, the travel club or the morning water aerobics classes too - before you know it, you have a network ready to help.

Let me know if you have questionsm we are here to hellp.

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 27 (4,608 Views)

I noticed your post.  I am in St Lucie County on Florida's Treasure Cast (The ocean side).  Full disclosure, I am a professional Realtor with Keller Williams in Port St Lucie, and I hold my SRES (Senior Real Estate Spedialist) certification.  There are options as we age, you can age in place with alterations to your home, downsize, or relocate.  It is a big decision!

If you want to consider Port St Lucie area, I can provide home informaiton for your consideration, we have many options for you. Port St Lucie Area has been mentioned in 13 national publications as a great place to retire, this is my blog with links to some of them  Let me know if you would like additional information. Best of luck to you.

UPDATE: Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 27 (5,052 Views)

UPDATE!!!!!!

I am now a full time resident of "The Villages" in Florida! 

It is a dream come true!

golf.jpg

Dear Darrellwennersten,

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.  It truly is "Disneyland for seniors". 

"The Villages" is truly a paradise.  I hope to find a home there soon! 

KARAOKE9: Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

Message 8 of 27 (5,241 Views)

Dear Karaoke9,

Thank you for your comments.  Glad you found a place you enjoy!

d4ffb19a0748aab1e3659d67e6d4259c.jpg

Terr5555: Possible relocation to Florida - Seeking advice

Message 9 of 27 (5,241 Views)

Dear Terr5555,

Thank you for your comments.  Retirement living definitely requires a lot of consideration.  Weather, cost of living, affordability, convenience, activities and people who share similarity are the things that matter to me.  What community do you live in?

HOME SWEET HOME

COMMENT FOR GrandmaPat52

Message 10 of 27 (5,293 Views)

Good advice!

FLORIDA.jpg