AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 71 of 148
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:

I would like to work on CB Radios. I love working on electronics. Maybe even perhaps building my own PC. I don't care if I get paid or not. I just like working on things like that. 
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 72 of 148
I know I would enjoy acting!  I've always enjoyed the gift of BS.  Perhaps politics would be a more appropriate choice?
Info Seeker

Message 73 of 148
In response to "Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?":
Why wait til retirement? At 57, I've been heavily involved in quilting and sewing for the last 10 years. I recently began beefing up my "tools" and have created a sewing "suite" in my room with the latest machine and tool! It's good to have a creative pursuit at any age - don't wait! Get involved in something you've always wanted to do NOW!
Posted by KarenQuiltsTx

Hi Karen,
I used to see all my kids cloths except for they're jeans. I even made they're PJ's & T-ball pants. I made my wedding dress. That was actually the first thing I ever sewed. I was scared to death that it was going to fall apart at my wedding or reception but it held together. Unfortunately it's been lost with all the moves we did as a military family.
Sure would like to learn how to make some of those beautiful quilts that I've seen others make. I might go to our big Art store & see if they give instructions. I'm 64 now but I've got to work until I'm almost 70 in order to get my company's health benefits, so I'm pretty tired when I get home. Have been wanting to start crocheting again. I loved that & I was pretty good at it. I just have to get the money to start & then get the energy to begin! Thanks for your wonderful post! :-)
Info Seeker

Message 74 of 148
I love finding treasures by collecting from estate, garage, & thrift stores. I hate to see wonderful things discarded.
Info Seeker

Message 75 of 148
I've always been interested in Art. Painting, Macramé (which I taught @ my home), ceramics (I loved working on the clay spinning wheel) & just anything that involved creating beautiful things from scratch. I started my love of Art in high school & I'm now 64.
Info Seeker

Message 76 of 148
Gardening.  Getting back to my family's "roots" and planting, growing, harvesting the food that
we need (as they did years ago).  I do get to do a little in the city at work and help out at the community
gardens on my block, but not near to the extent I'd like to. 
Info Seeker

Message 77 of 148
Why wait til retirement? At 57, I've been heavily involved in quilting and sewing for the last 10 years. I recently began beefing up my "tools" and have created a sewing "suite" in my room with the latest machine and tool! It's good to have a creative pursuit at any age - don't wait! Get involved in something you've always wanted to do NOW!
Info Seeker

Message 78 of 148
I LOVE to play golf and would like to improve muy game with lessons. Also, I am fascinated by the flexibility and balance that yoga provides & would like to be in classes regularly to stay fit.
Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby I would like to try?

Message 79 of 148
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:

Play good golf and stay fit with yoga classes.

Domenica Schiro
Conversationalist

Message 80 of 148
We have retired and found a new hobby to do together as a couple.  We do choreographed ballroom dance..  It is not competition and we choose our own level we wish to do from 2-6. but they build on one another so you have to work up to the level you want.  We would like to travel more to do this with groups all over the world as it is done Internationally.  We have attended the International Convention held in the US for the last few years and worked on several committees for it.  We had never tried this before retiring, but when we saw it we fell in love with it! Smile