Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 71 of 135 (2,433 Views)
 I would love to do Pottery. I want to create beautiful pieces such as bowls, platters, vases, etc. I want to feel the clay between my fingers like in the movie, "Ghost" without the man,lol. I love Italian pottery and bought many pieces when I was in Italy so I would love to make something like that,
Info Seeker

Message 72 of 135 (2,428 Views)
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:
I would love to try Pottery, I would love to make things like bowls, platters, vases etc. I want to feel the clay between my fingers. Like in the movie "Ghost" only without the man helping. I love Italian pottery and wish I could make something beautiful like that.

It’s Your time, now! Let’s spend it perfectly! You worked all your life, gave your time and talent to someone for pay. Now, you can get started on how you will spend your time, what you will do, and how you do it! But, first you have to have a plan!!   This activity is designed to help you plan Your Perfect Retirement!  This is the second week of  a 5-week challenge, in tandem with our Retirement Sweepstakes, for all of you who love to dream about Your Perfect Retirement !   Thank you to everyone who responded last week! We had some great ideas! Here’s what we’ll do : Each Weeek  I’ll post a question in this forum and give you a chance to answer to the post. We’ll collect responses all week, and on the following Thursday the winner will be revealed and a $25.00 prize will be awarded at random.                              ( This week's winner will be announced next Thursday, 13!)    Change for this question: This week,  you must add your own post, and not just click on the  poll. We have had some great answers , and would love to see some more!        Tip : Don’t miss out on the fun, subscribe to this discussion.                                                  What Hobby Would You Like To Try?       – Gardening – Crafts – Cooking – Performing – Photography – Collecting You Pick!
Posted by BettyCM

Info Seeker

Message 73 of 135 (2,461 Views)

II would like to combine Photography with Crafts. I think making things for your family to enjoy and remember you by are most important. Crafting new frames from discarded ones at yard sales and flea markets to house new or old photos of friends and family would be my hobby of choice. Who knows, you may even mend some broken relationships in the process!

Info Seeker

Message 74 of 135 (2,461 Views)
I have always been fascinated by digging for treasure!  I would love to work on an archeological site, assisting the professionals with whatever they needed, and actually do some digging myself!  What a wonderful feeling it must be to 'discover' that hidden secret!

Info Seeker

Message 75 of 135 (2,461 Views)
Travel, travel , and travel!!
Info Seeker

Message 76 of 135 (2,348 Views)
I enjoy taking picture; Photography will be my hobby in my retirement. I also like genealogy.
Info Seeker

Message 77 of 135 (2,348 Views)
I love to work in the yard, but when I had a full time job, I had to sneak in time when I could. Now that I am retired, I plan to spend a lot of time working on xeriscaping the yard an getting rid of a lot of the grass. Living in South Texas, we don't get much water, so the challenge is what to plant that keeps the landscape looking lush without using water. I just planted a butterfly garden complete with a place to stop and have a drink and plenty of milkweed to lay their eggs on. I can't wait to see if I get any coccoons!
Info Seeker

Message 78 of 135 (2,348 Views)
I would like to try motorcycling around the USA.
Conversationalist

Message 79 of 135 (2,348 Views)
Bikini waxing
Info Seeker

Message 80 of 135 (2,348 Views)
I have a lot of stories from my childhood that I would turn into children's books. Also, I would like to be a photographer.