ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Conversationalist

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 51 of 148
I would like to write short stories.
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 52 of 148
I would like to write short stories.
Info Seeker

Message 53 of 148
Playing music on my keyboard at different events and going to senior living facilities is the greatest retirement hobby ever.  I play music from their era which brings smiles and so much joy to them.  Making others happy through music is so rewarding.  I plan to continue doing this as long as I can lift the keyboard and drive!

Info Seeker

Message 54 of 148
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:
I've done wood carving for years off and on when I had time. NOW I can do specific things for people. I'm working on dogs. I haven't had an unhappy person yet. They all love their dogs and it takes about a month to make their dog from a picture they supply. They love them and I love how it makes me feel. It's a very rewarding hobby and fun.
Info Seeker

Message 55 of 148
I just need/want to be outside!
Info Seeker

Message 56 of 148
I love genealogy, been doing it for about 12 years and I plan to spend a lot of my time working on it.  And reading and traveling!!!!!    Cool
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 148
In response to "My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?":
I am retiring on July 4th--going out with a bang! The next third of my life I would like to move to AZ (presently live in WI). Then I would be able to swim all year and be outside. I have so many things I want to do that I have not had the time to do. Pottery would be fun, I would love to do more photography, volunteering at a humane society or some place that I could care for animals. Of course, I really want to see the world so travel will be a big part of retirement. I would also like to try my hand at some community theater. I hope I have enough time for all of it and that I remain healthy.
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 148
I would like to do some things I used to do like camping, fishing, learn different types of cooking
Info Seeker

Message 59 of 148
I would like to become a better gardener and grow a lot of what we eat. That way I know what has been put into and on top of the food we are eating.
Info Seeker

Message 60 of 148
I would like to try my hand at performing in the film industry.
I'm a disabled female veteran with a 100% service connected husband who was recently diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis. Taking care of him is a full time job, but I would like to do something for myself. I've been interested in art most of my life and feel that I can make a difference in whatever I do. Entertaining people and adding joy to their lives can be very healing. I enjoy challenges and find reward in helping others, even if it makes them smile or laugh for a time.
Most of my life has been taking care of others and I would like to spend some time doing things that I find rewarding. I'm a Gardner and excellent cook and would like go try something else. Adding to oneself can only better oneself.
I may have disabilities, but I also have many abilities.
Never give up or give in, press on and press through for there is no telling what a person can do!
Life is meant to live and one must live it to the fullest!