AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Conversationalist

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 51 of 135 (2,994 Views)
I would love to continue playing guitar music.
Info Seeker

Message 52 of 135 (3,004 Views)
Oil painting
Info Seeker

Message 53 of 135 (2,434 Views)
Preparing food including slow smoking meats and home grown vegetables. 
Info Seeker

Message 54 of 135 (2,434 Views)
My retirement dream is to write a novel (or several)...remember Tom Sellick in "Her Alibi?" His upstairs writer's den with the window looking out at the beautiful view is exactly how I picture it. My incredible wife and I would then take the proceeds from the book sales and donate to a number of charities.
Info Seeker

Message 55 of 135 (2,434 Views)
I would enjoy building a model railroad with my grandson
Info Seeker

Message 56 of 135 (2,407 Views)
I have so many hobbies already (knitting, spinning, reading, writing, gardening, hiking, travel) but would love more time for all of them.  Also more time to volunteer, which I used to do more often but as a parent working full time am running out of hours in the day.  I do some charity knitting for hospitals and also prayer shawls for my church.  Mostly I'm excited to have more time to learn things.
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 135 (2,407 Views)
Volunteering.  I did it when I was working.  Now I have more time and I love giving back.
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 135 (2,407 Views)
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:

I would like to work on CB Radios. I love working on electronics. Maybe even perhaps building my own PC. I don't care if I get paid or not. I just like working on things like that. 
Info Seeker

Message 59 of 135 (2,407 Views)
I know I would enjoy acting!  I've always enjoyed the gift of BS.  Perhaps politics would be a more appropriate choice?
Info Seeker

Message 60 of 135 (2,407 Views)
In response to "Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?":
Why wait til retirement? At 57, I've been heavily involved in quilting and sewing for the last 10 years. I recently began beefing up my "tools" and have created a sewing "suite" in my room with the latest machine and tool! It's good to have a creative pursuit at any age - don't wait! Get involved in something you've always wanted to do NOW!
Posted by KarenQuiltsTx

Hi Karen,
I used to see all my kids cloths except for they're jeans. I even made they're PJ's & T-ball pants. I made my wedding dress. That was actually the first thing I ever sewed. I was scared to death that it was going to fall apart at my wedding or reception but it held together. Unfortunately it's been lost with all the moves we did as a military family.
Sure would like to learn how to make some of those beautiful quilts that I've seen others make. I might go to our big Art store & see if they give instructions. I'm 64 now but I've got to work until I'm almost 70 in order to get my company's health benefits, so I'm pretty tired when I get home. Have been wanting to start crocheting again. I loved that & I was pretty good at it. I just have to get the money to start & then get the energy to begin! Thanks for your wonderful post! :-)