Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 41 of 135 (2,740 Views)
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:
I've done wood carving for years off and on when I had time. NOW I can do specific things for people. I'm working on dogs. I haven't had an unhappy person yet. They all love their dogs and it takes about a month to make their dog from a picture they supply. They love them and I love how it makes me feel. It's a very rewarding hobby and fun.
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 135 (2,735 Views)
I just need/want to be outside!
Info Seeker

Message 43 of 135 (2,819 Views)
I love genealogy, been doing it for about 12 years and I plan to spend a lot of my time working on it.  And reading and traveling!!!!!    Cool
Info Seeker

Message 44 of 135 (2,819 Views)
In response to "My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?":
I am retiring on July 4th--going out with a bang! The next third of my life I would like to move to AZ (presently live in WI). Then I would be able to swim all year and be outside. I have so many things I want to do that I have not had the time to do. Pottery would be fun, I would love to do more photography, volunteering at a humane society or some place that I could care for animals. Of course, I really want to see the world so travel will be a big part of retirement. I would also like to try my hand at some community theater. I hope I have enough time for all of it and that I remain healthy.
Info Seeker

Message 45 of 135 (2,819 Views)
I would like to do some things I used to do like camping, fishing, learn different types of cooking
Info Seeker

Message 46 of 135 (2,900 Views)
I would like to become a better gardener and grow a lot of what we eat. That way I know what has been put into and on top of the food we are eating.
Info Seeker

Message 47 of 135 (2,900 Views)
I would like to try my hand at performing in the film industry.
I'm a disabled female veteran with a 100% service connected husband who was recently diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis. Taking care of him is a full time job, but I would like to do something for myself. I've been interested in art most of my life and feel that I can make a difference in whatever I do. Entertaining people and adding joy to their lives can be very healing. I enjoy challenges and find reward in helping others, even if it makes them smile or laugh for a time.
Most of my life has been taking care of others and I would like to spend some time doing things that I find rewarding. I'm a Gardner and excellent cook and would like go try something else. Adding to oneself can only better oneself.
I may have disabilities, but I also have many abilities.
Never give up or give in, press on and press through for there is no telling what a person can do!
Life is meant to live and one must live it to the fullest!
Info Seeker

Re: My perfect hobby reply!

Message 48 of 135 (2,900 Views)
I would spend my time conducting Bible studies on a personal in home arrangement.  I have been doing this on a part-time volunteer basis for years but would love to do so on a full-time schedule.
Info Seeker

Junk becomes Art in my perfect retirement

Message 49 of 135 (2,900 Views)
Your junk is my creativity...
I enjoy taking things that are thrown away or put in scrape books 
and turn them into artwork.  
One idea: 
Live aboards have library cards from the different ports they have visited...
take these cards and some other items they may have collected along the way,
then create a mobile/wind chime that can be displayed for their enjoyment. 
This idea can also be used with items from vacations. 
Info Seeker

Message 50 of 135 (2,900 Views)
I started scrapbooking when I retired seven years ago and love the creativity I'm able to put into my projects.  I've started a genealogy book that encourages me to contact other family members for pictures and information.  I also enjoying volunteering for local agencies in need of help.  My next adventure?  Quilting.  I've signed up for a class and looking forward to learning a new craft and meeting new friendsCool