Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 31 of 148

Thanks.

Photography has been a serious hobby for me for some sixty years and I've been using good equipment for a bit over fifty years.  I still spend money of the equipment but fortunately I don't have to buy film anymore.

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 148

gd2988:  I really like your photographs, especially the carousel horse and the reflections you got.  I'll admit I have quite a thing for these and know a good one when I see it.

As for me, I discovered fiction writing in my retirement.  I studied journalism in college and did a bit of non-fiction writing over the years but fiction is a new thing for me and I'm having a lot of fun.  At this point I really don't care about being published and have been posting it on the AARP "Short Stories to Share" group.  It seems the perfect thing to do in retirement.  It's the first hobby I've ever had that didn't end up costing me a fortune.  For this one all I need is the computer, the internet connection and some ideas of a story to tell.

Message 33 of 148

Engine 5285.jpg

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.

Message 34 of 148

Sheppard's Dairy.jpg

~~~

Message 35 of 148

Photography.

DSC_1402.jpg

~~~
Info Seeker

Message 36 of 148

I would like to purchase a Hinkley sailboat and spend about five years sailing to the South Pacific and then cruise the Meditereanean(?) Sea.

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 148
I was looking for some tips on how to help my mom stay active and I found this article about hobbies

http://www.onfamilycare.com/so-youre-looking-for-a-new-hobby/

I hope that this helps anyone!
Info Seeker

Message 38 of 148
Photography - I have a really great camera, but no time to play with it. I'd even like to take some classes.
Info Seeker

Message 39 of 148
I should like to make hand crafted jewelry
Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 148
More choices needed.  I selected "You Pick".  I plan to work with a Social Services agency to help underprivileged children succeed in school & gain access to opportunities that more affluent children have.  This would be on a volunteer basis.  Besides this, I need to clean out my closets & organize it.  Also put my loose photos in albums, enter my recipes in the computer, etc.
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors