Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 21 of 135 (2,478 Views)

Sheppard's Dairy.jpg

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.
Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 22 of 135 (2,491 Views)

Photography.

DSC_1402.jpg

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.
Info Seeker

Message 23 of 135 (2,400 Views)

I would like to purchase a Hinkley sailboat and spend about five years sailing to the South Pacific and then cruise the Meditereanean(?) Sea.

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 135 (2,461 Views)
I was looking for some tips on how to help my mom stay active and I found this article about hobbies

http://www.onfamilycare.com/so-youre-looking-for-a-new-hobby/

I hope that this helps anyone!
Info Seeker

Message 25 of 135 (2,460 Views)
Photography - I have a really great camera, but no time to play with it. I'd even like to take some classes.
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 135 (2,293 Views)
I should like to make hand crafted jewelry
Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 135 (2,291 Views)
More choices needed.  I selected "You Pick".  I plan to work with a Social Services agency to help underprivileged children succeed in school & gain access to opportunities that more affluent children have.  This would be on a volunteer basis.  Besides this, I need to clean out my closets & organize it.  Also put my loose photos in albums, enter my recipes in the computer, etc.
Retired Moderator

Message 28 of 135 (2,290 Views)
We Have a Winner!! 

A special thanks to all who shared their great ideas here! 

Congratulations to ambroziaa!
                                                You are the winner of the $25. gift card! 

Thank you to everyone for joining in. 

Try the next My Perfect Retirement game, going on now!
Retired Moderator

Message 29 of 135 (2,290 Views)
In Response to Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?:
I have always been fascinated by digging for treasure!  I would love to work on an archeological site, assisting the professionals with whatever they needed, and actually do some digging myself!  What a wonderful feeling it must be to 'discover' that hidden secret!
Posted by VeeJayCee

I think that would be great , too.

I have not tried them, but, there is a group called Global Volunteers that may have some of those opportunities. 

Has anyone tried them?
And, I understand the Smithsonian also has volunteer vactions that you may like:
            http://changebydoing.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/smithsonian-volunteers/

Info Seeker

Beekeeping is a Rewarding Hobby

Message 30 of 135 (2,290 Views)
Beekeeping!  I've already started and plan to continue into reitrement as a way to supplement my income and do something good for the environment.  I love what I have learned about bees so far.  I took a course at the local university to begin with and found a mentor.  I joined the local Hobby Beekeepers Association and have made some wonderful contacts with people I would not have gotten to know otherwise.  There are many online forums that offer support and  problem solving.  Last year I was able to give gifts of honey to friends and family members.  This hobby is perfect for people who love being outdoos, have a curiosity for learning about nature, and like interacting with other people with  similar interests.