Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 21 of 148
I do alot of Zumba and have been asked to teach it at my Eagles Club. I still work full time I 'm an officer in the club and spend 70 to 90 minutes exercising each day. I would love to have the time to teach when I retire.
I want to be able to spend alot of time with my grandchildren and of course do a little travel.
I also am going to begin quilting with an old friend of mine.
Where do I find time to read??
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 22 of 148

Gardening, digging holes for tomatoes 2 feet deep is good exercise.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 148

I'd have to go with Photography.  When I was younger and in college, I did a lot of experimentation with Photography and darkroom exposures.  Today, things are so different. I have a lot to learn and relearn!

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 148

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 148
I am not ready to retire, I do went to travel some ; and take a class in relearning how to play a cello and play in an Orchestra .
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 148
Performing and gardening
Info Seeker

Message 27 of 148

To be honest there isn't much I haven't tried already.  But in my retirement I would like to learn to cook for many.  I'm already a decent cook, at the family level.  But things change when you begin to cook for hundreds, or maybe even thousands. 

In my day to day activities I frequently run across men and women who are homeless and often hungry.  At the very least they would all enjoy a fresh cooked, hot meal.  My plan is to start just once a week, providing one meal.  With grace, I hope to find supporters for fresh food supplies. 

Given time and effort, I could turn this passion into a full time hobby.

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try? community theater

Message 28 of 148
Photography would be wonderful! Too catch the essence of pure beauty everywhere!!
Info Seeker

Message 29 of 148
I like to quilt and would love to spend time sewing some really creative original quilts. I have made quilts for all my children and grandchildren using others patterns. I would love to stretch my creativity by creating my own quilt patterns.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 30 of 148

I would rejoin a choral group, help my son make videos, start a blog site and seriously settle down and learn German, so I can go back and visit (I lived there for a year in the mid-'80's.