Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 11 of 135 (2,489 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 12 of 135 (2,450 Views)
I am not ready to retire, I do went to travel some ; and take a class in relearning how to play a cello and play in an Orchestra .
Info Seeker

Message 13 of 135 (2,183 Views)
Performing and gardening
Info Seeker

Message 14 of 135 (2,187 Views)

To be honest there isn't much I haven't tried already.  But in my retirement I would like to learn to cook for many.  I'm already a decent cook, at the family level.  But things change when you begin to cook for hundreds, or maybe even thousands. 

In my day to day activities I frequently run across men and women who are homeless and often hungry.  At the very least they would all enjoy a fresh cooked, hot meal.  My plan is to start just once a week, providing one meal.  With grace, I hope to find supporters for fresh food supplies. 

Given time and effort, I could turn this passion into a full time hobby.

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try? community theater

Message 15 of 135 (2,210 Views)
Photography would be wonderful! Too catch the essence of pure beauty everywhere!!
Info Seeker

Message 16 of 135 (2,077 Views)
I like to quilt and would love to spend time sewing some really creative original quilts. I have made quilts for all my children and grandchildren using others patterns. I would love to stretch my creativity by creating my own quilt patterns.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 17 of 135 (2,175 Views)

I would rejoin a choral group, help my son make videos, start a blog site and seriously settle down and learn German, so I can go back and visit (I lived there for a year in the mid-'80's. 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 135 (2,433 Views)

Thanks.

Photography has been a serious hobby for me for some sixty years and I've been using good equipment for a bit over fifty years.  I still spend money of the equipment but fortunately I don't have to buy film anymore.

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 135 (2,441 Views)

gd2988:  I really like your photographs, especially the carousel horse and the reflections you got.  I'll admit I have quite a thing for these and know a good one when I see it.

As for me, I discovered fiction writing in my retirement.  I studied journalism in college and did a bit of non-fiction writing over the years but fiction is a new thing for me and I'm having a lot of fun.  At this point I really don't care about being published and have been posting it on the AARP "Short Stories to Share" group.  It seems the perfect thing to do in retirement.  It's the first hobby I've ever had that didn't end up costing me a fortune.  For this one all I need is the computer, the internet connection and some ideas of a story to tell.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 135 (2,452 Views)

Engine 5285.jpg

~~~
The combined power of our nuclear warheads is 250,000,000,000 tons of TNT. That’s the Hiroshima bombing TWELVE MILLION TIMES.