Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 91 of 148
I would like to try motorcycling around the USA.
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 92 of 148
Bikini waxing
Info Seeker

Message 93 of 148
I have a lot of stories from my childhood that I would turn into children's books. Also, I would like to be a photographer.
Info Seeker

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try? Model Railroading & Traveling the world

Message 94 of 148
In Response to Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try? Model Railroading & World Travel
In Response to My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try? : I love anything to do with Model Railroading. It is such a diversified hoppy. It involves collecting, creativity, electrical, maintenance, repairing, plaster casting and some artwork. You are never finished building something. Scales range from Garden Railroads to the size built into coffee tables. There is something for every one in the household. 
I have learned so much about different cultures by traveling the world. From Europe, Africa, Australia,Isreal,The Carbian, The Mexican Riveria, the Panama Canal and North to Alaska has made me appreciate all the blessings that I have in the USA. Despite the negatives we see on the news everyday, there are a lot of nice people from all different walks of life and different beliefs. You should try it. It is quite an Education and never too late to get it.
Posted by Palousegal

Info Seeker

Message 95 of 148
I love all forms of dancing. Ballroom, salsa, cultural dancing. Stimulates  & fascinates my entire being.
Info Seeker

Message 96 of 148
I would like to paint and try decoupage art.  My problem is feeling that I have to have all my "chores" done before letting myself "play".  And of course the chores never end. How do you get past that?!
Info Seeker

Message 97 of 148
I've always enjoyed all kinds of crafts but had a hard time finding times to participate when I was working. Since I retired I've taken up stained glass and really enjoy it.
Info Seeker

Message 98 of 148
I have done a little painting.  I would love to have time to do that.  And, try writing a book.  Both of these are things I want to do when I have time.  Also, read.  I have dozens of books saved. 
Info Seeker

Message 99 of 148
touring America and Canada on a motorcycle
Info Seeker

Message 100 of 148
I retired in March of 2012 and purchased a used class C motorhome. So far I have traveled up and down the east coast.
In December I found a beautiful campground in Winter Haven,Florida and stayed there until May first.Now I am home for a few months before heading out on my next adventure. It turned out to be everything I expected and more! Some might think the cost of gas is too high,but I spent less on fuel than I did commuting to work on a daily basis.I enjoyed many new experiences and made many new friends,some who I look forward to seeing in Winter Haven this coming November.The best part is that for the first time in my 63 years I did not have to shovel any snow!