Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Gold Conversationalist

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 1 of 135 (1,182 Views)

Although its officially been 2years now, I'm still in the honeymoon phase.  I continue to do those things I've always and still enjoy doing: Travel, writing, and anything involving the Arts.  

I do look forward to learning and perfecting the Butterfly stroke.  I have the perfect swimmer's body for it (so I'm constantly told).

Fey Lady
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 135 (1,294 Views)

After spending decades working to get to retirement and caring for my children;My hobby would be to travel the world learning new cultures, taking cooking & dance classes, and enjoying life.  

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 135 (2,877 Views)
Will attend some cooking classes centered on international cuisines and baking. Would also like to learn how to play the piano too, if my hands could still afford to do it! Smiley Happy
Conversationalist

Message 4 of 135 (2,865 Views)
I would really love to focus on learning how to cook international cuisines, specifically Japanese and Thai dishes. Probably baking too. I would also love to learn how to play the piano - as long as I could still do it! Well, it's never too late!
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 135 (3,007 Views)

Help my husband get well from after affects of bad pneumonia.  Would like to take him and get to know our state better.  Visit the towns and areas, we haven't been to.  Then would like to start some hobbies, such as stained glass work, pottery and more that I wasn't able to do while working for 36 years due to a rotational type of schedule.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 135 (2,933 Views)

I want to pursue my interest in writing.  I've been journaling for the past 13 years and have rough drafts of about 5 books.  I'd like to finish them formally and hopefully self publish.  I write humorous creative nonfiction looking at the serious events in life, finding the absurdity and finding the humor.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 135 (2,946 Views)

Photography.. It would go perfectly with retirment as I can travel and take pictures. Share them with my family and make memories of where I have been. America is beautiful and to be able see and capture the memories would be wonderful.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 135 (2,946 Views)
I do alot of Zumba and have been asked to teach it at my Eagles Club. I still work full time I 'm an officer in the club and spend 70 to 90 minutes exercising each day. I would love to have the time to teach when I retire.
I want to be able to spend alot of time with my grandchildren and of course do a little travel.
I also am going to begin quilting with an old friend of mine.
Where do I find time to read??
Conversationalist

Message 9 of 135 (2,954 Views)

Gardening, digging holes for tomatoes 2 feet deep is good exercise.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 135 (2,958 Views)

I'd have to go with Photography.  When I was younger and in college, I did a lot of experimentation with Photography and darkroom exposures.  Today, things are so different. I have a lot to learn and relearn!