AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Conversationalist

Re: My Perfect Retirement! What hobby would you like to try?

Message 11 of 148

I worked for 35 years and postponed some interests .... now I garden, take lessons and paint with watercolor, I’m catching up on reading and it’s so glorious that I can read whenever I want! I have a dog and a cat now, I’m headed out today to do some winemaking with friends, I have planned a February cruise, spent 2 days this week working with nonprofits I really like. Geez, how did I ever have time to work with so many interests rattling around in my head!!! 

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 148

Have already started my next "career," that is - writing a screenplay, with ideas for others to follow.  Would probably write other things, but this is main focus...also would take dance, martial arts, yoga, etc. classes to keep up with fitness.  Having worked TWO jobs for twenty years, I look forward to retirement, and, w/plans to do so next year (G-d willing!) am seeing the light at thee end of the tunnel...!

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 148

I oficially retired February 28th 2017.  However, I am just now feeling retired because my husband got really sick with a heart attack and double bypass.  Things have settled down now and I am looking forward to quiet days, dining out and traveling.  I want to see places I did not take time to do while I worked.  I want to see Grand places in the USA such as the "Grand Canyon", Mount Rushmore, etc.  After completing sites in the US I want to visit oveseas.  We do a lot of cruising so I want to do land travel.

As for hobbies, I used to sew and will make a few items.  I really want to make a lot of Christmas decorations such as door wreaths.  :-)

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 14 of 148

Although its officially been 2years now, I'm still in the honeymoon phase.  I continue to do those things I've always and still enjoy doing: Travel, writing, and anything involving the Arts.  

I do look forward to learning and perfecting the Butterfly stroke.  I have the perfect swimmer's body for it (so I'm constantly told).

Fey Lady
Conversationalist

Message 15 of 148

After spending decades working to get to retirement and caring for my children;My hobby would be to travel the world learning new cultures, taking cooking & dance classes, and enjoying life.  

Conversationalist

Message 16 of 148
Will attend some cooking classes centered on international cuisines and baking. Would also like to learn how to play the piano too, if my hands could still afford to do it! Smiley Happy
Conversationalist

Message 17 of 148
I would really love to focus on learning how to cook international cuisines, specifically Japanese and Thai dishes. Probably baking too. I would also love to learn how to play the piano - as long as I could still do it! Well, it's never too late!
Info Seeker

Message 18 of 148

Help my husband get well from after affects of bad pneumonia.  Would like to take him and get to know our state better.  Visit the towns and areas, we haven't been to.  Then would like to start some hobbies, such as stained glass work, pottery and more that I wasn't able to do while working for 36 years due to a rotational type of schedule.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 148

I want to pursue my interest in writing.  I've been journaling for the past 13 years and have rough drafts of about 5 books.  I'd like to finish them formally and hopefully self publish.  I write humorous creative nonfiction looking at the serious events in life, finding the absurdity and finding the humor.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 148

Photography.. It would go perfectly with retirment as I can travel and take pictures. Share them with my family and make memories of where I have been. America is beautiful and to be able see and capture the memories would be wonderful.