AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is there a resource or organization that, given your finances, can help you find a ccrc?

Message 1 of 3

I've looked at CCRC's too, mostly out of curiosity rather than need (at this point in time). And yes, costs are not published online in my search experience. One has to visit the facilities, and often 'forced'

to take a tour before any financial info is handed out. 

BTW, have you looked at mylifesite.net? Lots of info there. Also, in your searches, there is some new terminology. Search on LPC (life plan community) which is often used instead of ccrc.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Is there a resource or organization that, given your finances, can help you find a ccrc?

Message 2 of 3

I'm sure you've visited Senior Living and seen the information there, which I think is very helpful, at least to me.

I would also say, as my Father said, "if you have to ask, you can't afford"...

I checked into one CCRC in Henderson NV; it was $4K / month (in 2015). I could not even pay $4K when both of us worked and owned our 4 bdrm house and 2 newer cars!

Just my experience; nice if you can; I can't...

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Is there a resource or organization that, given your finances, can help you find a ccrc?

Message 3 of 3

CCRC are very opaque about how much you need to enter. Would like to be able to put finances into a system and get a list of retirement communities that we can afford. Wish AARP provided the service...

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark