Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is there a resource or organization that, given your finances, can help you find a ccrc?

Is there a resource or organization that, given your finances, can help you find a ccrc?

CCRC are very opaque about how much you need to enter. Would like to be able to put finances into a system and get a list of retirement communities that we can afford. Wish AARP provided the service...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I've looked at CCRC's too, mostly out of curiosity rather than need (at this point in time). And yes, costs are not published online in my search experience. One has to visit the facilities, and often 'forced'

to take a tour before any financial info is handed out. 

BTW, have you looked at mylifesite.net? Lots of info there. Also, in your searches, there is some new terminology. Search on LPC (life plan community) which is often used instead of ccrc.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Regular Social Butterfly

I'm sure you've visited Senior Living and seen the information there, which I think is very helpful, at least to me.

I would also say, as my Father said, "if you have to ask, you can't afford"...

I checked into one CCRC in Henderson NV; it was $4K / month (in 2015). I could not even pay $4K when both of us worked and owned our 4 bdrm house and 2 newer cars!

Just my experience; nice if you can; I can't...

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP