Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is The Retirement Crisis Worst For Women?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is The Retirement Crisis Worst For Women?

What are your thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

The experts say we live LONGER. Hmmm, I wonder how the covid is going to affect that data. Personally I feel men also experience retirement challenges and it is hard to evaluate ALL retirees. But that is just my two cents!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Women seem to have been conditioned they can do little mechanical for themselves.  Had a friend to retired to a mobile home community in FL and he was forever being asked to help women with routine auto, electrical, plumbing, carpenter type issues.   I know from experience my sister who lives alone in another state is forever buying male services for things she should be able to do herself

Allegedly, women make better investors. Should be astute shoppers, managing a household cost effectively. 

God knows each is blessed with certain innate talents.  Perhaps a barter system where talents could be pooled, shopped locally might benefit all.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gorm50 I really appreciate you stopping by to join our discussion ๐Ÿ™‚ That is the reason I want to RENT a Tiny Cottage in Salem, Virgina. I am divorced and NOT interested on trying figure out maintenance. Luv picking up the phone and CALLING the landlord ๐Ÿ™‚ Same with my 2006 Hyundai Elantra, I luv being a lady = not getting my nails dirty. So I PAY AAA to fix/tow and ONLY my Firestone guys down the hill from me touches her. Salem is close to them. Would luv to be a NOMAD and EXPLORE but know I need to be near my guys to fix my old lady. Yes, BARTERING would be good and I am sure he is getting a few homecooked meals??? Or maybe not.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP