Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?

Message 51 of 1,061
As a financially comfortable retiree still paying a low interest mortgage and HELOC, I would most likely apply the winnings to the mortgage.  This would decrease my required monthly interest only payments allowing me to continue reducing the debt at a faster rate.
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 52 of 1,061
Give it my daughter and family to purchase a home. She was out of work for years and went through her savings. My dream is for my grandchildren to be settled in one specific area within a loving environment and dream their dreams.
Info Seeker

Message 53 of 1,061
KissVisit adentist for improvement of smiling again without embrassment of hiding my face due to poor dental .Then enjoy a trip of my choice-Italy ..if any left over share my winnings..Am retired after 45yrs in healthcare environment,with no regrets.
Info Seeker

Message 54 of 1,061
Pay off bills, put some in savings for emergencies,10% to my church and if any is leftover take a short vacation with my family.
Info Seeker

Message 55 of 1,061
In response to "If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?":
It's time to dream.  Imagine you just won $50,000.   What would you do with the prize money?   Would you put this money towards your retirement? Pay down/off bills? Help a family member? Donate to your favorite charity?   Let your imagination flow!
Posted by sandy

Sandy,
I would pay off debt first, put money in savings for emergencies, give 10% to my church and if anything is left take a short family vacation.
Sarah J
Info Seeker

Message 56 of 1,061
I would pay off my school loans. In Response to If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?:
It's time to dream.  Imagine you just won $50,000.   What would you do with the prize money?   Would you put this money towards your retirement? Pay down/off bills? Help a family member? Donate to your favorite charity?   Let your imagination flow!
Posted by sandy

Info Seeker

Message 57 of 1,061
I would pay off my debts and put the rest in savings to you for things I need, like a new recliner since mine is showing its 20 yrs age. I might also see about a newer used car since my 1994 one is also showing its age. 
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 1,061
I would do what ever I could to help reduce the stress/strain that several of my children are currently experiencing due to being laid off from their jobs and having two kids each, from 8 months fo 9 years old.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 59 of 1,061
I am 59 barely making on alimony and not able to get SS either i would buy a townhouse or manufacturing home so i do not have to rent anymore i do not feel like it is home since i have never been a renter hardly at all in my married life  since i am divorced i want to feel at home again , i want something that is mine so i feel comfortable with my new life.

In Response to If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?:
Posted by sandy

Info Seeker

Message 60 of 1,061
In Response to Re: If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?:
I would use some of it to help my son through college, and put some away for retirement.