Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?

Message 41 of 1,061
In Response to If you won 50K what would you do with the prize money?:
It's time to dream.  Imagine you just won $50,000.   What would you do with the prize money?   Would you put this money towards your retirement? Pay down/off bills? Help a family member? Donate to your favorite charity?   Let your imagination flow!
Posted by sandy

I would pay off our bills, and then relocate to Olympia, Washington. I ABSOLUTELY HATE BEAUMONT, TEXAS!!!!Frown
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 42 of 1,061
Of course you would pay any debts first, paying the highest interest loan or credit card first.  Pay down house payment, pay off car.  All these things are high interest.  You save big just getting rid of the interest !  TO HELL WITH INTEREST.  After that, it's up to you.  I would go to school and better myself, so I could make even more money.
Info Seeker

Message 43 of 1,061
I would set up a college fund for my granddaughter.  I would gift my two children with a small inheritance, I would go on a dream vacation, buy a newer car and donate 10% to our favorite charities and save the remaining money. 
Info Seeker

Message 44 of 1,061
Some would be used for a vacation, but the majority would be put into one of our savings plans for retirement.
Info Seeker

WON 50K and very HAPPY!!!

Message 45 of 1,061
It would be AWESOME if that had happened. I would pay off all of my debt and us the rest to buy new furniture. This way any money made from this point on I would invest most of it in a retirement plan and then put some in a savings account.
Info Seeker

Message 46 of 1,061
Buy my Fiancee a SUV because he is disabled and he has a very hard time getting in and out of our cars. And then try and fix whats broken around the home and help the neighbor.
Info Seeker

Message 47 of 1,061
We would put half in our IRA and half to help us move near relatives for the golden years.  We are lucky our current home paid and not in debt, but live in a depressed area so our home isn't worth as much as other areas.
Info Seeker

Message 48 of 1,061
We'd use 1/2 of  it to pay off our car and give our retirement budget a boost every month.  The other half would be used to take the grandkids, their parents and ourselves on a 14day dream Disney cruise & park vacation. 
Info Seeker

Message 49 of 1,061
 I would payoff the used car note, and pay off the student loans now. My sister would receive some cash.
Info Seeker

Message 50 of 1,061

I would payoff the used car note, and pay my student loans now. I would send my sister some cash.