Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Have you given/received a unique retirement gift?

Message 1 of 3

doglover52 wrote:

I bought myself a 'retirement clock' a year before I knew I was going to take early retirement

This clock has been a 'godsend' because the 2nd hand shows the days of the week. There have been times in my 'new life',the days seem to mesh together,I can't remember what day it is. I look at the clock and say'where did the week go"! Sue

I haven't ever got anything, because I had to take disability at age 45 when I tore my shoulder up for the second time. Elsie 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Have you given/received a unique retirement gift?

Message 2 of 3

I bought myself a 'retirement clock' a year before I knew I was going to take early retirement

This clock has been a 'godsend' because the 2nd hand shows the days of the week. There have been times in my 'new life',the days seem to mesh together,I can't remember what day it is. I look at the clock and say'where did the week go"! Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Community Manager

Have you given/received a unique retirement gift?

Message 3 of 3

Have you ever given (or received) a unique or classic retirement gift? Tell us in the comments below! 

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors