Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Will AARP Foundation Points Donations Start in November?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Will AARP Foundation Points Donations Start in November?

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Has anyone been able to donate to the Foundation?  If you have the direct link please post it for the Community?

I see nothing I want, but would love to donate to help struggling seniors coming up to the holiday season.

@AARPTeri are we able to donate to the Foundation with points, what's the limit, and can you post the the direct link if so?  Thanks for your help.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri & @sandy beaches

When will points donations start for 2020?  Why aren't they tax deductible?  Thanks

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Bumping this back to front for a response.  So I guess the struggling seniors will remain hungry for ChristmasSmiley Sad 

This on top of us being limited to donating only 1,000 points at the end of R4G.

This should be the main time of year to make a "points only" donation of 5,000 points to the Foundation, it Christmas!

What do you think Community?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Answer would be appreciated.

Thanks

@mi4090 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090 We will provide a date when we have one for you all.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We will provide a date when we have one for you all.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hey Teri @AARPTeri 

I'm very interested in points donation through AARP Rewards also, along with @mi4090 and others.  I hope to see a response to our request soon.

We are blessed to have many points to donate!

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090 , @andrewtoo  @SueP280957 

Thank you for your inquiry about donations to the AARP Foundation.  We are working diligently behind the scenes to get this into the AARP Rewards system.  We know what a great asset it is and are doing our best to get it up soon.  We will provide more updates when we have more information on timing.

AARPTeri
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Hello Teri, thanks for responding, so you didn't say if we can donate for Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Thanks for working behind the scenes,  but seems that nothing is being changed (i.e. Transaction History, types and amounts of Points Only gift cards, foundation donations).  

Please give us answers.  Thanks again.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Can we get an answer about Foundation donations for the holidays, or has the Foundation reached it's donation limit for the year?  Thanksgiving & Christmas on the way.

Thanks, I would love to give some points to seniors for food drives during the holidaysSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090   We will post when the link to donate to AARP Foundation is available, it is not currently available.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Can someone explain how donating points helps seniors?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @SueP280957 

AARP Foundation is the non-profit charity that helps struggling seniors with food drives, etc.  

In the R4G program we were able to donate points we had earned on the 1st of the month to the Foundation which were tax deductible.  Before the end of program we were donating 2,000 pts = $20.00.  We tried to get it increased to donating more points, due to the fact that we were going to lose our points.  But instead the donation was decreased to 1,000 pts = $10.00 for the end.

Since there isn't anything  for us to use our points on, it would be great to be able to donate them to help seniors for the holidays with food.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for responding, I hope we'll be able to donate for the holidaysSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP