Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is a RE: Thread/Post?...Where is the Original?.....HELP!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

What is a RE: Thread/Post?...Where is the Original?.....HELP!!!

@sandy& @AARPTeri 

Why are there so many Re: (referencing) threads/post showing up in the Community?  Shouldn't these be on the original post, please explain it?

How do you plan to combine and correct this problem, and seems to be a problem?

What is the meaning of the abbreviation RE?
I've seen Re: explained as an abbreviation of the words “regarding” or “referencing.” However, Re is not an abbreviation for anything.Re: meansre.” Re is an English preposition in use since at least the 18th century. It means “in the matter of, with reference to.” ... “In regards” is nonstandard English for in regard to.
Regarding Re: - Daily Writing Tips

If anyone in the Community can explain this to me it would be greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy  Thanks in advance.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090, when you reply to a post the subject field is automatically filled in with the subject of the post you're replying to in the community.  This is the "Re:" (in reference to) you're seeing.  Most people don't make any changes and let the technology auto-fill the subject.  Please note that you can remove that reference and replace it with any subject you see fit. 

Sandy

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@sandy 

Will all the replies be added to original post?  This is confusing when you have an original topic posted and reply threads all showing separately.  What is the purpose?  Thanks

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090, we are still experiencing technical issues with the AARP Rewards forums.  Once we fully understand what's happening we will be able to make adjustments.  Know that this has been reported to the appropriate groups for review and resolution.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@sandy 

Sandy, OK.  Seems that the experimenting would have happened before changing the Community into (4) forums which is now a MESS. 

Who is coming up with these bright ideas?

Happy Holidays

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090, testing was done and all was well or we would not have moved forward with the changes.   Again, we're working to resolve the forum issues as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Sandy 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@sandy 

Definitely waiting for "as quickly as possible".  But we know that's not giving any information.  Keep trying!

Happy Holidays

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin,

I have all of these topics that appear as UNREAD and I'm almost positive that I had read the topic.

@sandy 

I'm sure that there has been extensive testing 🙄, but, what about all of the confusing unread topics in the 4 new forums that I have already read.  I hope you guys tested and are fixing the problem of transferred topics showing as unread to the users (many of us dues paying, as a reminder).

@mi4090 wrote:

@sandy 

Definitely waiting for "as quickly as possible".  But we know that's not giving any information.  Keep trying!

Happy Holidays

@mi4090 

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

I'm assuming the old topics that are appearing that are in bold print are unread...right?

Are you seeing the re: (reply) post to original topic appearing separately?  It's a MESS😂

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Yes, Marylin, @mi4090 I find the "RE:" rather strange.  Maybe when they move a topic with the same name, then, it puts a "RE:" in front of one of the topics?

It is a mess!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew definitely noticed the reply threads showing separately and all the unread.

@ralmon  (Ray) posted about the sorting order which was noticed immediately.

@sandy we need a post in the Tips forum on "Understanding and Decoding the Community", is that possible? Have reply threads always appeared this way?  Thanks

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090.  Yes, the "Re:" has always been used as the reply format in the AARP Online Community.

Sandy

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @sandy 

I didn't explain in detail; have the reply post always appeared seperately in the Community and not as a reply to the original topic posted?  Thanks

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP