Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Total number of entries in sweepstakes prize?

Periodic Contributor

Total number of entries in sweepstakes prize?

Is there a way to know total entries you have in various sweepstakes entries. When I enter, it says I have 0 entries, then I enter 5 entries, for example, so it says I have 5 entries. What happened to all the other entries from previous days?

Conversationalist

I have been concerned about seeing a cumulative total for some time now as well.  Since there are still a few, at least until this month anyway, sweepstakes I am interested in, I keep buying entries.  There's not much else to spend my Million and a Half  points on right now, either. I can reach the limit on how much I can spend versus earn in the first week of each month right now.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@rednexsrus @mi4090 @jenniferw3197 @racewalkmary

You can check your sweepstakes entries in your Transaction History. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPCaroline 

Thanks, I got a little chuckle from that, since it is well-known that the Transaction History does not work properly. That being said, if the Filter is switched to "Redemptions", there is indeed a working history.

However, wading through several pages of redemption entries, and summing up all those that pertain to the one sweeps we're interested in, is not very user-friendly.

In the previous Rewards program, we got a running total of entries for any given sweeps. Why can we not have that again? That would be a vast user-friendly improvement for this program.

What are your thoughts @AARPCaroline, or any other AARP Rewards manager?

Cheers,

Ray

Silver Conversationalist

@ralmon 

Hi Ray, Well I guess its all a mute point now if the sweepstakes offers are going to like June's Sweeps. I am soooo disapointed in the lineup. My total number of entries for June will be very easy to calculate ZERO !!. I am so confused as to why management would list these rewards in the sweepstakes category. The Extra Credits for June are not much better. It looks like all I can do this month is earn points because there is nothing else of value. It just seems to me that management is trying its best to make the rewards program fail. Its not fun anymore  ๐Ÿ˜ž  ๐Ÿ˜ž

just saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

@rednexsrus 

Unfortunately, the Extra Credit offerings are currently no better than regular offerings. For Points Extra Credit offers are set way too high to provide an incentive. Points seem to be set at random scales, even funnier that $10 cards are more than double the $ value of $5 cards.

Current Sweeps are not to my liking either, but that's okay. I didn't participate in the old Rewards sweeps all the time either. More points for when decent merch get added... at least that's still the hope.

Cheers,

Ray

Retired Moderator

@ralmon We're listening to these requests and working on improvements, including better ways to display total sweepstakes entries. 

AARP Community Manager
Periodic Contributor

Awesome, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is there any update on how to see the total number of sweepstakes entries other than going through history? Right now it feels like I am just throwing my entries away since they do not appear to be cumulative. Are they actually being kept track of? Even just to know they are accumulating rather than being thrown out each day would be good. Looking at history just tells me that I have entered, not that they are being saved throughout the entry period.

Retired Moderator

@rh35684303 We do not have an update at this time. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @racewalkmary  & @jenniferw3197 

It was possible at one point to view through Transaction History filter, my Transaction History has been gone so long can barely remember how it looked.

Also l'd recommend keeping a log of your entries daily.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 @racewalkmary @jenniferw3197 

Hello Marylin, Mary & Jennifer

I hate to say this but  Marylin is correct, without the Transaction History you have no way to know and nothing to back you up. You can create a log as marylin suggested but let me share this excerpt from the official rules :

"Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5)late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrantโ€™s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrantโ€™s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the
right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate,

un-awarded, eligible prize claims."

I don't think the log will help all that much. Sad to say, managements continues their efforts to protect their derriere's  and keep us in the dark.
Remember: A person can only win one (1) Sweepstakes prize through the AARP Rewards.  Catalog per month.

Why for goodness sake's would you risk your chance on a $2500 Sweepstakes by entering a $45 Sweepstakes in the same month. My luck I would win the $45 in week one and then two weeks later get picked for the $2500, which I would lose because of the stupid rules.Then again they may not even notify me of the $2500 win. 

So Sad

Just Saying  

lucyp061351
Contributor

I have noticed this as well. Can someone please address this question, so I will know if I am just wasting my points by entering these sweepstakes?
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP