Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Redemption

Message for AARPJanelle, Can I use the NONNI gift card at a regular grocery store?  I called the rewards number and agent said he didn’t know.  Thank you 

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq @tinasinge @AnneG461594 

Guys I don't think you will be able to use these digital gift cards at any regular grocery stores. Pretty sure most of them will be online only unless they have a Brick & Mortar Store. If they don't than you will possibly be facing shipping charges. I tried with Home Chef which is stocked by Kroger and both refused. I was not about to put up additional $$$ to buy their product online. They could easily have accepted these cards at the local stores if they wanted us to try their product. I tried another one, can't remember offhand but they refused too. Their loss

If the gift card sponsor doesn't have a local store I just avoid the IW or points only tile unless I know someone I can send the card to. Example: Boston Market, and Red Robin don't have stores in MS but NC does and the brother-in-law lives in Asheville . YIPPEE

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus   You are right.  I got burned on Ghirardelli.  Never again.   

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info!!!  I think the company AARP uses must be on the West Coast since for example they always have Albertsons and Safeway cards (same larger company), but rarely East Coast based grocery stores (I sent a Kroger one once to a friend that lives in SC during the winter).  If they ever posted a Wegmans card I would jump for joy!!

Super Contributor

I was wondering the same thing - there is a Nonnis web site where you can order and use the card.  Had a similar issue with a Ghiradelli card (back when you can get $25 cards!!!), I was patient to wait for a good holiday deal and free shipping to make that one worthwhile since I am on the opposite coast.....

Gold Conversationalist

@tinasinge   @AARPJanelleM Just what I wanted to know.  Got a similar card for another company some time ago and ended up spending a lot of $$$ to be able to redeem it online and not pay shipping.   If shipping paid, not worthwhile at all.  Don't want to do that again.  But if we can use it at stores,  it's a good one!

Trusted Contributor

Now they have a instant win game for Peets Coffee, which I get at Target but if you can't use it there (assuming you are lucky enough to win), you have to go on their site and spend at least $29 to get free shipping.  Not going for that one!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I'm a Folgers kinda girl Kenneth and a real Target fan.

I set up an online account and then add the gift cards I win or the points I redeem to that account. I order online and than I can pick up in store or they will bring it out to the car (no shipping charges) really convenient and their prices are reasonable. Just might try that Peet's coffee if I win. Hope Target ecards continue to appear in the catalog, maybe I will get lucky and capture one of the Target Sweepstakes. 🤣 🤣

Get'er Done

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP