Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

RE: Collapsible Car Cooler

PHYSICAL ITEM

Collapsible Car Cooler

12,000 Points$10 Value

The Insulated Car Cooler keeps drinks and snacks cool while on the go. Lightweight cooler pops open for use and collapses flat for storage. Zippered lid keeps the cold in. Convenient carry handles make it easy to grab and go.

@AARPJanelleM  or @AARPTeri  I tried to redeem this physical item this morning, and it does not give me a redeem button to click. Help? Please take into consideration that I have not redeemed this item in the past, nor have I met my max of monthly redemption allowances. Thanks. 

Collapsible Car Cooler 12072022 Cannot Redeem.png 

have not maxed on my monthly redemptions as well.png

Honored Social Butterfly

Well, you'll be happy to know that I finally received the infamous collapsible car cooler (rec'd on 1/26/2023). I do not find it to be as bad as some members made it out to be. I really like receiving something in the mail, and I was hoping they'd (/AARP would) continue with the physical items. We shall see?

Anyway, the sun hasn't shone in days, but I was finally able to get some pictures. *drum roll* lol

Collapsed.Collapsed.Little thingamabob that keeps it closed..Little thingamabob that keeps it closed..Expanded.Expanded.Unzipped, top open.Unzipped, top open.Top, inside view.Top, inside view.Inside view.Inside view.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Bronze Conversationalist

Lucky you ๐Ÿ˜€ you got an intact item. I noticed yours has a little plastic end cap protector for that spiral wire at the top; mine did not - so that's what I should have gotten

The silver lining looks properly sewed on.

Well, good to all those who got the 'intact' items

๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Honored Social Butterfly

โ˜น๏ธ 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this as well, and after 3 weeks (granted it was right after Xmas), I got the email saying 2-3 weeks,  I asked about it, was told because of the holiday give it some more time, I received it a few days ago.  It is kind of small, all things considered.  My sewing seems to be ok.  It probably will hold all the things it shows, snug.  Yes the insulation is very limited, but then again, with a value of $10, we can't expect top of the line.  The collapsible feature is handy when you want to keep it in the back seat carrier or under the seat etc.  I have collected many different totes over time and they have served me well.  I hope this one will do it's job too.  Regarding the Mystery Hunt feature, I guess I was lucky I did not order my three things before the hunt began.  It is kind of lame of AARP to offer this bonus after the month started and many of us search for our bonus as early as possible, trying to avoid the inevitable of everything sold out quickly and not finding something we wanted.  Considering that most of the gift cards we can "earn" have a value of $5, getting our $15 of free stuff each month does need to be done timely.  It would be nice if AARP offered these bonuses to NOT be part of our 3 items.  Wishful thinking on our part.  As far as the other items, I ordered the tourister pack and am waiting for that one....and wouldn't it be nice if AARP could add one more feature to the points section showing items redeemed in one easy to find place so you don't have to go back to the first of each month to see if you ordered all three items?!  Like under purchases since we are purchasing these items, albeit with points....putting it under redemptions when you might also be maxed out and entering sweepstakes to use your points.  At least this month (so far) there have not been glitches with trying to earn the points when the links don't fully work!

Bronze Conversationalist

Towards the end of Dec I decided to throw some points for the Cooler on 12-28 Wednesday - had to confirm my address, got email confirmation within minutes - I will update when I receive and give review / assessment of Cooler. I expect 3 to 4 weeks - towards end of Jan.

Now when they say 'insulated' I know it is really grey plastic laminated plastic with hardly any really insulating properties especially if it's also 'easily collapsible' too. 

๐Ÿ˜Ž 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Update - 1-18-2023 : Received thru US Postal in a small bag. It took 21 days to deliver = 3 weeks. โœ”๏ธ

Full Dimensions - Height ~ 9 inches,  Width/ Diameter  ~ 6 1/2 inches 

Silver /grey interior layer of thin foam = insulting layer. Outer layer of Red nylon/ poly? 

With a spiraling 'spring wire' which is the coil/ collapsible feature = (that's the 'black band' you see around it ) At the top - the end of the wire stuck out and presents a 'small scratch hazard' --> need to use some tape to 'soften that wire end. 

Two side web side handles on top. One Plastic zipper lid around the top.

Review : my item came with the side - 'silver lining' only half properly sewed in at the top; = poor quality control ( is this an exception or the rule? by what proportion for all of these being sent fully sewed correctly ...or not...? )

Yes, with a needle and thread 'we' can repair/ mend it.

For a ' Free Item" - it is 'passable' ,- mine had quality control issue with the stitching

- if you really want to keep something cool or cold --> I would recommend adding some small ice packs or cubes.

With the 'zippered top/ lid' you will need to place one of your fingers to make sure it 'does not snag' when opening and closing.

Out in the $ retail world  $ - you might find something like this in 'dollar stores' 

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Honored Social Butterfly

Wow, seems like you got a dud. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Can't wait to see mine! hahahahahaha 

Also, got any pics for show-n-tell?

Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

@OneDayMatisyahu wrote:

Update - 1-18-2023 : Received thru US Postal in a small bag. It took 21 days to deliver = 3 weeks. โœ”๏ธ

Full Dimensions - Height ~ 9 inches,  Width/ Diameter  ~ 6 1/2 inches 

Silver /grey interior layer of thin foam = insulting layer. Outer layer of Red nylon/ poly? 

With a spiraling 'spring wire' which is the coil/ collapsible feature. (that's the 'black band' you see around it ) At the top - the end of the wire stuck out and presents a 'small scratch hazard' --> need to use some tape to 'soften that wire end. 

Two side web side handles on top. One Plastic zipper lid around the top.

Review : my item came the 'silver lining' only half properly sewed in at the top; = poor quality control ( is this an exception or the rule? by what proportion for all of these being sent fully sewed correctly ...or not...? )

Yes, with a needle and thread 'we' can repair/ mend it.

For a ' Free Item" - it is 'passable' ,- mine had quality control issue with the stitching

- if you really want to keep something cool or cold --> I would recommend adding some small ice packs or cubes.

With the 'zippered top/ lid' you will need to place one of your fingers to make sure it 'does not snag' when opening and closing.

Out in the $ retail world  $ - you might something like this in 'dollar stores' 

๐Ÿ˜Ž

Silver Conversationalist

Definitely not what I expected. Too small to make any use of. Should have purchased this cooler from Walmart to start with.

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Must have been false advertising because in the image AARP provided (see below), it seems you can fit a 20oz (?) bottle, a sandwich, a banana, an apple, and sadness. ๐Ÿ˜‚

SADNESS INDEED.jpg

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly Let's check on this. Are you able to view the button today?

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM @KellytheBelly 

Hi Janelle and Kelly

This is a follow up on the Collapsible Car Cooler.

I purchased 1 on 12/8/22 and my DH did the same. Instructions said ship in 2-3 weeks. Waited patiently and due to the Holidays waited until 1/4/23 to call customer service to check on delivery.

According to Juan the coolers had not moved. Not sure what that means other than they were just sitting in the warehouse.

Anyway, long story short, Juan just refunded the 12000 points on both of us as he did not know what else to do. I do appreciate the refund of the points really but am very disappointed that I will not get the coolers.

To make matters worse the coolers were finally removed from the catalog on 1/4/23 preventing me from reordering them.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, 

Did anyone else not get their cooler ??

Kelly, you did manage to get yours eventually Right ??

Janelle, any chance the coolers will be offered again ??

or should I just pick up 2 at Walmart ?? 

IMG_0052.GIF

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Hiya. Could it be that although they couldn't give you an ETA on the cooler, and compensated your points (like they did with @Karyn8 ), that they will mass ship these items, and that you will still receive the item? Just curious. I did redeem the cooler, at the very end there, and since the physical item has been removed on 01042023, this is when you would consider the shipping to take place all at once, and then expect 2-3 weeks thereafter? So, I should receive the cooler at/around Jan 21st - the 26th? ๐Ÿค”

Community Concierge

@rednexsrus I'm sorry this happened! Unfortunately, I do not know if/when that item will be available again. 

Honored Social Butterfly

No. There's still no 'Redeem' button. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly Got it, thank you for flagging! I've reported this and our team is looking into it. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly You're welcome! Can you please try logging out of your Rewards account and closing all browser windows then log back in and try again? In the image you provided, it says you need to join AARP to redeem so it seems as though the site didn't know you were logged in. Please let me know if this helps. 

Also, you may need to update your browser and/or clear the cookies and cache. Check out the troubleshooting info here: https://aarp.info/2I3wo4C

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, I have done all of the above. As well as, tried another browser, to no avail. I repeatedly see the join AARP (by which I am a member until March of 2023), and still no 'Redeem' button. I appreciate your efforts in finding a solution. Thank you very much. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly Thank you for getting back to me with that info. Our team says that the "Redeem" button is functioning on that listing properly. Please try accessing the site from a different device and give our Rewards team a call if you continue to have this issue: 1-866-451-6305 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No problem. Lucky me! ๐Ÿ˜‰  Will just check back to see if it ever shows up. lol Not sure how making a call will change anything. Thanks for your assist. Have a great day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Super Contributor

Is this cooler one of the five "Holiday Presents" hidden in the rewards area?  I've only been able to find four of them and haven't seen this cooler, so I'm wondering if it's the 5th hidden present??  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hello. It's not part of the Holiday Rewards/it's not one of the hidden gifts. It's a points only redemption, on the rewards page. Hope this helps. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Hi, KellytheBelly. I'm having the same problem. It tells me I'm not a member. I've tried it on three different browsers. Closed my browsing page. Cleared the cache and still it tells me I have to join to be eligible. Don't know what else to do.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hiya.

I figured it out...I think.

If you claimed the (3) Physical Items: 1) Shoe-In Tote, 2) Clear Storage Caddy, and 3) Craftsman Tote in the Holiday Rewards Scavenger Hunt, that was the allowable max (3) for the month. Would have been better to release this physical item in January, perhaps. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Silver Conversationalist

@KellytheBelly 

So glad you were able to figure it out Kelly and get a little satisfaction, BUT as I mentioned in an earlier post, this practice of introducing extra special points activity's into the mix is unacceptable, after all we are still hindered by the ridiculous constraints of the 3 redemption's per month rule.

According to AARPTeri's post the Holiday Hunt started on Dec 5, 2022.

What about the members who chose to redeem their limit of 3 redemption's during the December Extra Credits activity at the beginning of the month ???.

Sadly these individuals were left out in the cold and deprived of the opportunity to participate in the Holiday Hunt, which by the way a notice should been included in that announcement that the Holiday Hunt gift boxes were to be counted towards the maximum of our 3 redemption's per month. TOTALLY NOT FAIR.    4D77B9E5-3468-4CD7-8854-8EA7E3AA30F4.gif

The gift boxes should NOT have been counted towards our monthly redemption totals. 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh, sure, I do agree! So much so, I came here to try and figure out why I could not redeem this cooler. Janelle did not mention that I've used my 3 allowable physical item redeems this month, thus I could not redeem this item, which was not part of the holiday hunt. I think that these items we redeemed via the hunt should have been the exception. However, you are so right with the fact that nobody on AARP's side mentioned it/that it would be deducted from your allowable monthly. The announcement, itself, seemed to coincide indirectly with the sudden 'Sold Out' status of the Amazon GC, too. By the time the announcement was made, Amazon was already 'Sold Out.'  I just thought I missed the memo the day prior or the week prior. Either way, I missed out, but was happy to get some other items. And, either way, this scavenger hunt was way better than last years' IMO.

All in all, yes, it would have been quite courteous if @AARPTeri mentioned that these items collected during the hunt would be deducted from your monthly redemption allowances. Because, hey it's the holiday thing to do and it's a way of telling your members they mean something, so here's something special to show our appreciation. I don't know. I feel awful to even seem to complain at all. I am appreciative of anything, actually. 

Have a good Saturday. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regular Contributor

Hello again, KellytheBelly!  Look at you....you figured it out for the both of us. That makes a lot of sense. I'll miss you, collapsible car cooler, but I am so happy with the other totes that I'm a grateful, happy camper. Thank you and nice to meet you! 

Honored Social Butterfly

Ditto! ๐Ÿ™‚

Super Contributor

Thanks for letting me know.  Guess I'll have to keep hunting for that 5th present!  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP