CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Gold Conversationalist

Got both of the $5 ones since I had two left that I was going to lose.  Really try to avoid the $5 ones except for Amazon which is so easy to redeem.  Pays for a bit of my Kindle addiction.   Otherwise would have left such expensive low value items alone...

Conversationalist

I don't have any redemptions remaining this month, but even if I did I would pass on the ridiculous 25,000 points AARP is extorting from its members for a measly $5 Walmart GC.  Same for the $5 Amazon GC. As of this posting, both are still available for those with deep pockets.

Ripoff!!

Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49 @Therapist4u @susanjski @Karyn8 @andrewtoo be it AARP or HelloWorld both have become so greedy it’s pathetic. There is nothing either of them won’t do to its senior members. Reducing the points only cards to a measly $5 and now raising the points value on those cards to an extremely high amount is unjustified. It was bad enough that AARP would open its doors to anyone regardless of age when the 50 and over seniors are the ones that actually built up this organization. SO SADShame on you AARPShame on you AARP

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Lucy! @rednexsrus

The caring & good peeps you mentioned.... @garyfish49 @Therapist4u @susanjski @Karyn8 @andrewtoo (*well, besides that Allen guy @Therapist4u )😃 ...& of course including you!...as well as @gm5271 @RenateW69623 & others,...have been trying to offer constructive criticism for many moons now....& sometimes our camaraderie is  the main reason to come here....it sure aint for the REWARDS! LOL!😄

Also, what P/Os me is that rarely does an Admin reply...or at least acknowledge our comments!

AFA when AARP opened its doors “to anyone regardless of age”... it ceased to be an “American Association of Retired Persons”

“Age & Eligibility To Join

AARP Is Dedicated To People Over 50 But There Is No Minimum Age To Join”🙄

What hogwash! 😒

Just wait until the elementary school kids decide to join in too! 🙃HAHAAA

Anyway, Take care Lucy!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Super Contributor

Totally agree - I also noticed some changes in the sweepstakes, I usually choose one a month to enter every day.  The one last month I was entering is having 1 winners (fingers crossed I am lucky), but I noticed the one I was interested in this month, for the same amount of points every day, will have only THREE winners!  So I passed on that.  I know they are legally obligated to have non-members enter the sweepstakes so our hands are tied there, but it would be nice to have more winners so members can have a better chance!

Super Contributor

OOPS - edit for the sweepstakes last month having 15 winners instead of just one!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@AnneG461594 

Hey Anne

FYI 

You can click on 3dots on side of your original post & choose Edit & add a 5 to your 1 for 15 then click reply again to update it

Just thought I'd share

Hope helps

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Ginger  ;  ) 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist

Hi my friend Gary! @garyfish49

“Ripoff!!” Always enjoy your posts...& totally agree as usual! So the points needed to get these measly $5 GCs has risen again... even more than the inflation rates! That would be outrageous for a $10 GC!

We’re starving...come on...Throw us a bone! LOL!We’re starving...come on...Throw us a bone! LOL!

It’s like those in charge are trying to see how far are we willing to go for some scraps & crumbs?? Will we go for a $1.00 GC...MAYBE FOR 50,000 POINTS?! LOL!

Anyway... Take care Gary!

☮️  ~Allen  🌈

Conversationalist

Walmart Gift Card

25,000 Points

$5 Value

mwmbers only

Karyn
Regular Contributor

That is a high price, Home Depot was only 14,000!

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Same thing happened when they were offering Amazon GC, where they were really high in points but still sold out pretty quick.  The Home Depot GC was definitely a better deal, but I passed on it in hopes that there would be a decent $10 GC offered before the end of the month.  There wasn't one (at least one that I could use or get before it sold out), so now I am going to use most of my points to get the Walmart GC.  It's always a crap shoot with this rewards program.  Either GC sell out before I can get them, or I get them early in the month and then miss out on better ones later in the month, or I wait and then don't end up using all 3 of my redemptions.  I always do the feedback surveys when they come up and mention ways to improve this rewards program, but I don't expect any of my suggestions to actually be made.

Conversationalist

I used to collect Amazon but now you can't buy any restaurant or any other gift cards with credits in your account. 

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

@RenateW69623 Speaking of 'Amazon,' there's a $5'er in the catalog right now! Amazon is back!?! 🎉

Super Contributor

Wow, maybe I'm becoming psychic 🤣.  Sure has been awhile, but just like Walmart, quite a few points just for $5.  Oh well, I don't have enough points to get it, so will have to wait for next month and hope there are some lower points GC that I can get before they sell out. 

Conversationalist

Last day of the month so if you have a redemption left it's still free. 

Karyn
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you!! ☀️🌻😘

Honored Social Butterfly

Staples® eGift Card  Sold Out [01282024]

14,000 Points
$5 Value

From laptops and tablets to furniture, luggage, business essentials and more, there’s something for everyone at Staples®. Plus, Staples gift cards can be redeemed in stores nationwide as well as online at staples.com. To find a store near you, go to stores.staples.com or call 1-800-STAPLES. Give yourself the gift of choice with a Staples gift card.

Limit 1 per person.

staples-gift-card-marble-incomm.imgcache.rev.web.400.400.jpg
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you @KellytheBelly  !!

Periodic Contributor

Home Depot® gift card

14,000 Points $5 Value

The Home Depot® helps doers do more with their time and money. From free delivery on over one million online items to image and voice search in our award-winning app. The Home Depot makes shopping for home improvement easier than ever. It’s a good time to be a doer.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you @CliffordN608608 ! I got the notification and the gift card 👍

Social Butterfly

Hey SuzyQ,

I got a notification of your post because you mentioned me.

Subject line: "TheSuzyQ mentioned you in AARP Online Community".

I can't remember if that $5 Shari's Berries is new or not but I really appreciate the effort!

Take care,

AndrewToo
Bronze Conversationalist

Sorry guys, the $5 Shari's Berries was just one of the Extra Credit deals. Apparently not too popular if it has been around a whole month! 

Stay warm it is cooooold!!

Bronze Conversationalist

Is this a new one? I just discovered lol. Testing to see who gets this notification. Please chime in! @KellytheBelly @Moonlight626513 @rednexsrus @andrewtoo @gm5271 

Shari's Berries Gift Card
9,000 Points
$5 Value

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Hello Teri, @AARPTeri 

I hope all is well.

We are having a problem getting email notifications when other members post to Topic(s), even though we are subscribed to the Topic.

This has been a problem for me since yesterday, 1/23/24.

However, I am getting some communication via email for kudos and when my screen name is tagged ( @andrewtoo ). This problem has occurred for two different Topics for me.  Strange, huh?

I am getting other emails from AARP (Rewards and Daily Newsletters).

So, it is likely not a problem with my (our) email account.

If you would pass the problem on to whomever can help then that would be great!

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Hello Andrew @andrewtoo 

Thanks so much for bringing this to admins attention.

I am now receiving the notifications whenever a new reply is posted

in the LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY topic

Don’t know what tech support did but I now have gotten more emails in the last few days then I have in the last few years.

thanks again 

lucyp061351
Social Butterfly

I'm still getting email notifications of kudos and I got an email notice when my screen name was tagged by lucy.  However, I am not getting email notifications of posts to any of my subscribed topics (unless it is a kudo notice or a notice of my screen name being tagged.)

So far this is a new problem for me and SuzyQ, and a continuing problem for Lucy.

Anybody else want to chime in before I tag an administrator?

Edit: I am getting emails from AARP.  I got the Daily and the Rewards newsletter yesterday (while getting no community email notices that should have popped up yesterday, which was a new problem beginning Tuesday.)

Thanks so much!

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @andrewtoo. I just checked my emails and did not receive any of the conversations below (from today), with exception to yours from 01-23-2024 @10:33 PM (this was the last one). From today, I've only received kudo notifications from here. So, that's a DITTO from me. Chiming in! 

Social Butterfly

Hello Everybody,

I stopped getting email notifications about postings to this and other topics suddenly today, Tuesday 1/23/24.  I checked my settings and everything looked good there.  Anybody else having trouble getting the usual email notifications when new messages are posted here and elsewhere on the forum?

Thanks so much for any reply

AndrewToo
Contributor

When you click "... Topic Options" above the top post on this page, does it show "Unsubscribe"? If it does, you might have accidentally changed that.

If that's not it, I would start with checking that your email is syncing. Then, your spam folder.

If everything looks good there, add email@email.aarp.org and AARPCommunity@aarp.org to your email contacts.

If none of the above solve the problem, give AARP a call.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Andrew @andrewtoo I have always had trouble with receiving the email notifications ever since I signed up a few years ago. Have deleted everything and reentered more than once hoping that would work but NADA

Just cain’t figure it out, has to be AARP

I did not receive any email notifications for Land Ends, Famous Dave’s, Vitamin Shoppe, & CVS for example. I just gave up and waited for another member to post to this forum 😱😱😱😱😱

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP