CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Bronze Conversationalist

I see it now, thank you!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It's still there, @TheSuzyQ. Zero filter, type 'Points' in search field, near the bottom of the page you'll see Kohl's. 

Bronze Conversationalist

I see it now, thank you!!

Bronze Conversationalist

So true.

My theory/ opinion: of all the ARRP members who engage in the Rewards Program - most will not check out the ARRP forums - in particular this thread. These 'hidden rewards' I have mentioned are not listed in the regular catalog/ with filters on or off but can only accessed by using the 'search function' I had mentioned.'

So one can say we are a small exclusive hard core 'reward fanatics' - who take the time to check the forum; and are now somewhat given somewhat 'special access' to these rewards.

We all have complained about rewards 'being sold out' so quickly; but now - we few here are given more time to get these perks/ rewards. 😃  I like it.

You can bet if these 'hidden reward items' were offered on the Extra Credits first of the month - open to all - in the regular rewards catalog - these items would have mostly been gone in a few hours/ quick time.

One can 'almost sayAARP have devised a way to those who frequent and contribute to the forum ( AARP likes our activity) an 'advantage/ a special privilege/ a pre-view with more time'   ✔️

😎  This is my theory/ opinion.

Gold Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu You are correct.  Most do not frequent the forums or the hidden gem would be long gone.  However, I imagine someone is hard at work to "fix" this, to negate any tiny advantage forum members might discover.  That has been the pattern in the past such as the physical items not counting as redemptions.  Someread read that and told the programers to change it.

Conversationalist

I find it very annoying lately.I have about stopped watching videos or doing anything to earn points.Show whats offered and let whomever sees it first get it.No one has time to go on a wild goose chase for hours each month to get nothing.They also need to update so you can have a billing and a shipping address without wasting tons of money to send new cards every time you have to switch to a physical address to get a gift then back to mailing address.I don't want or need cards mailed anyway since all membership materials can be digital or printed.They could offer the option to have them mailed to persons that wanted them.With all the theft I don't have anything mailed unless its the only option.Last month was the first month I didn't get three redemption s for a long time.I really like aarp but the rewards program needs updated.Each update has been less user friendly.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MemberS2006  It's really good to know that I can find the hidden redemptions now by searching 'Point/Points,' and not by business/retailer name (ie Kohls, The Container Store, etc...), as that seems more reasonable. I expected Kohl's to be sold out, too. 

Regular Contributor

Groupon gift card    Sold out in 3 hours or less.

17,000 Points

$10 Value

Conversationalist

Thank you for posting the Groupon card..I checked during the morning but never seen it.I missed it somehow.Around 11 a.m. it showed as Sold Out when it did appear.The $10 Kohls for 22,000 points is still available from yesterday.

Honored Social Butterfly

Fantastic work by all! [ RE: H i d d e n P o i n t s O n l y I t e m s ⚠️ ] ...

cats out of the bag.jpgWelp cat's out of the bag.gif

Wild stuff, that nobody contests this form of finding points only redemptions. Seriously hoping AARP won't take that away, too, and at the same time, I cannot believe I am writing this. I think we should be able to redeem with a bit more ease, rather than leaping through hoops to find a points only redemption. I don't get it. I don't get why they've done this. I just don't understand. As a member, this is not good news. There's nothing good about having to do this, whatsoever.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi again Kelly! @KellytheBelly

UR Welcome!.....but also....

The Cat's Out Of The Bag.....but....The Cat's Out Of The Bag.....but....

THANKS 2 U FOR ALL YOUR POSTS! ....

& FOR YOUR HELP TO EVERYONE WHO COMES HERE!!

Take care!  ☮️  🌄 ~Allen 🌈  🎨

Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Well, my friend, I don't think that I found anything that wouldn't have been found with @AnneG461594 's idea of searching for "points" without filters.  I was celebrating her idea and it appears to bring up the hidden deals that have been so elusive thus far.

I was just showing with my screen copies what the search looks like on the Redeem All page, for those not as familiar with the search function.

This "points" search could become the new "points only" option in the online catalog.  A game changer!!!

AndrewToo
Gold Conversationalist

Hi again Andrew @andrewtoo

Yes, I agree about the "points" search from @AnneG461594

...& I wanted to add to:

....”the combined work of >>>> we....the active & concerned members..”

Includes [the most recent contributions of] ...besides you & Gary @garyfish49 ... (& is certainly not limited to): @gm5271 @OneDayMatisyahu   @KellytheBelly @HokiePoq  @shamit @rednexsrus @LeeS4949 @Karyn8  @bk20598734 @al45009948 @hatfield6549 @RenateW69623 @RcD316530 @LesL269823 @tribble22 ....

Then ....on page 2 ....we have...SO .many many more...LOL!

Anyway....

Social Butterfly

@AnneG461594 

SEARCHING BY "POINTS" WITH NO FILTERS

THAT IS BRILLIANT ANNE!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

SEARCH BY POINTS..BRILLIANT!!!.jpg

SEARCH BY POINTS..BRILLIANT!!!.jpg

AndrewToo
Gold Conversationalist

Hi my friend Andrew @andrewtoo

For whatever reason there are so many hidden valuable items...(including the double point videos like You & I & Gary @garyfish49 found)... it is by the combined work of >>>> we....the active & concerned members....are finding them... one by one ...& posting them for EVERYONE who takes the time to read our posts...most will never thanks us....or give kudos .... (Couldn’t care less about kudos)...but we do it anyway for their...& our.....benefit!

BTW: I just posted about a

The Container Store $5.00 GC for a “reasonable” 15,000 points

that I just found while searching for the Kohl’s GC in a reply to @OneDayMatisyahu

Bronze Conversationalist

Kohl's  Gift Card    Members Only    Sold Out   (as of 7-24-23)

$10.00 Value    22,000 Points     (now seen in regular catalog 7-24; and is Sold Out)

Limit 1 per person.

-------------------------------------------------------------

------- >  This would be about the 5th  'somewhat hidden rewards'  found using the 'search function' I had mentioned a while back. 

From ----> Redeem ----> 'All Rewards page' - don't enter any 'Filter By'

- just move across to  --->  "Search for "pizza", "restaurants", etc ---> box and enter the word - kohl

-------------------------------------------

😎  Oops!...I Did It Again     ( this Gift Card lasted about 16 days )

It seems like a 'hidden treasure hunt'     

This is a $10.00  reward - I'll bite.

Gold Conversationalist

Thanks @OneDayMatisyahu

Not only did I snag the *(searching with kohl kohl’s kohls) GC ...but I just discovered this: The Container Store $5.00 GC for a “reasonable” 15,000 points

Don’t want or need it... but some of y’all might want it!

At least you can use one of your “3 for the month”!

The Container Store $5.00 GC for a “reasonable” 15,000 pointsThe Container Store $5.00 GC for a “reasonable” 15,000 points

*** EDIT....AFTER SCROLLING DOWN & SEEING AN EARLIER POST FROM 7/5/23 THIS COULD BE THE SAME

Container Store $5.00 GC ...

THAT JUST HASN'T SOLD OUT YET...IN ANY CASE IT'S STILL THERE FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN IT!

BYE Y'ALL 🙂

Super Contributor

Thanks @OneDayMatisyahu (who by the way I am seeing in concert next month - can't wait!!!) - I think I am just going to search every day by putting in the word "points" in that field to uncover anything that is hidden instead of filtering by points

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you very much!

Gold Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu   Thank you!  Never saw it in either "for points" or "all rewards".

Super Contributor

@HokiePoq 

Hi Hokie, what’s going on with all the hidden points only cards of late ??? I think OneDayMatisyahu posted it may be up to 5 so far. 
Thanks to Karyn8 for letting me know about Kohl’s as I don’t get the emails anymore, they just quit. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. Agree with @OneDayMatisyahu. I did not see it in for points or all rewards. I guess you just have to start typing in a retailer's name and see if it pops up! 

Conversationalist

Peet's Coffee $10 card.  Members Only!  13,000 points.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a Few Left!  Sold Out

Members Only

Peets Coffee Gift Card

13,000 Points
$10 Value
Social Butterfly

I searched for "cost"  Only a few left for points!

Cost Plus.jpg

AndrewToo
Contributor

Also a $5 The Container Store if you put in “ retail”

Bronze Conversationalist

Congratulations to bk20598734 for finding....

The Container Store     Gift Card   Sold Out (as of 7-25) 

( now seen in regular catalog; as of 7-24-24 )

$5.00  Value          15,000 Points                  ( lasted about 21 days )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

😎  This would be about the 4th who found 'somewhat hidden rewards' using the 'search function' I had mentioned a while back. 

From ----> 'All Rewards page' - don't enter any 'Filter By'

- just move across to  --->  "Search for "pizza", "restaurants", etc ---> box and enter the word - store  or  retail  or  container store

--------------------------------------------------------------

Belated congratulations to Karyn for finding the 3rd - 'somewhat hidden rewards' - Cost Plus World Market gift card - which is now Sold Out

😎  I initially had trouble finding the Cost Plus World Market gift card - but other members were able to explain.

At $5.00 - what can I get - a bottle of hot sauce???....

If it was $10.00 - then you have my attention.

Trusted Contributor

LIMITED TO ONE PER LIFETIME!!!!  So if you ever got this already, you are SOOL

Conversationalist

Cost Plus World Market® Gift Card

12,500 Points

$5 Value

It wouldn't let me get it stated "limited to One" however I hadn't gotten one of these since last summer 2022. another glitch?

Karyn
Bronze Conversationalist

Same here.  Says ‘limited to one’.  I haven’t redeemed since last year.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP