CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @HokiePoq 🙂

Thank you for the post!

I never saw this....not even as a Sold Out

They disappear before some of us ever get a chance to grab something of.....admittedly a pitifully small....value!😒

AARP.....An Absence of Rewards 🙄Possibilities  😿

LOL!!😄

Take care ☮️ ~Allen

Honored Social Butterfly

Yeah, 5 bucks you get when you pay for a membership, or as a non-member get for 'free' (not including the time it takes to earn points). 🤔

P.S. The BK GC was released some time this morning, and sold out within a few hours, is my guess. Not interested. Can't always have it your way at BK. For your trouble, however, here's a BK crown >>> 👑  lol

Gold Conversationalist

Ruby Tuesday $5

16k points

Open to all

Honored Social Butterfly

Baby Depot eGift Card (+Burlington Stores)  Sold Out
21,000 Points
$10 Value
Non-Members and Members

At Baby Depot inside Burlington, you’ll find everything you need for baby. From furniture, to baby gear and clothing…all from trusted brands at incredible prices!

Baby Depot gift cards are redeemable at over 800 Burlington and Baby Depot stores in the US and Puerto Rico.

BD EGC.png
Trusted Contributor

Thank you

Social Butterfly

@KellytheBelly 

Doesn't look like anything new.

Just the same old smoke and mirrors.

I refuse to "give" points until the program

tells us how much money they will give to

the AARP Foundation for my 4,000 point

contribution.

Why hide it?  It previously stated, some time

ago, a $5 donation to the Foundation.

@AARPTeri @AARPJanelleM 

"Disclosure

Your point contribution to support AARP Foundation will result in a payment from AARP to AARP Foundation. Your point contribution is not tax-deductible."

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

ARP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Social Isolation  Sold Out (04202023)

4,000 Points
Contribution

* Is this something new? 🤔

(note that the ARP is meant to be 'AARP,' right? Image reads ARP as well)

AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable older adults build economic opportunity and social connections. Even before COVID-19 concerns prompted calls for physical distancing, nearly 1 in 4 older adults were affected by social isolation and 43% of older adults reported feeling lonely. Connect2Affect, AARP Foundation's platform to end social isolation, provides information, resources and strategies to help increase social connection. By funding innovative concepts and launching new programs, AARP Foundation is calling attention to this public health issue and helping older adults build the social connections they need to thrive.

ARP Found 04142023.pngvs. AARP Contribution.png 🤔

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

A(A)RP Foundation Points Contribution - Help End Social Isolation Only a few left!

4,000 Points
Contribution    Sold Out (04202023)
Bronze Conversationalist

Ruby Tuesday  Gift Card      Sold Out

$5.00 Value          16,000 Points

😎

Honored Social Butterfly

Ruby Tuesday Gift Card  Only a few left!  Sold Out

16,000 Points
$5 Value
Honored Social Butterfly

Members Only   Sold Out

Hotels.com Gift Card

18,000 Points
$10 Value

The Hotels.com Gift Card is redeemable towards bookings at hundreds of thousands of places to stay in 200 countries and territories, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts. Redeemable on Hotels.com, the Hotels.com Gift Card can be used in conjunction with member-only-deals and promotions. Bookings with the Hotels.com Gift Card count toward free nights with Hotels.com® Rewards where customers can earn a free* night for every 10 nights stayed. For more information visit www.hotels.com/giftcards or e-mail giftcards@hotels.com.*Subject to Hotels.com Rewards terms and conditions, as set out at www.Hotels.com.

HDC.png
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a few left!

Members Only  Sold Out

Hotels.com Gift Card

18,000 Points
$10 Value
Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

I think we are all looking to get "something for nothing" because it's fun ! I think we need to separate the good works of AARP such as education and information from the way to entice us into viewing the content.  I view the second part as a symbiotic relationship - companies get some advertising and goodwill by having their gift cards available, AARP helps us by providing videos and the company running the platform gets paid by ad sponsors.  I don't see a free lunch for anyone here.  As to the structure (18 year old members ?!) there are a lot of state rules about sweepstakes and drawings. I know that even for our church raffles, we have to provide a free ticket to anyone who asks.  Possibly during the pandemic, companies found this a cheap way to entice us to shop, but many no longer need to do so.  It's all big business - not a way to give away free stuff to us seniors .....  pls don't get me wrong, I'm just as frustrated as the rest of you at fighting to get a $5 Amazon card, but since this is still a free country, we can decide how we spend our time in order to get what we want.  Lots of other platforms are more lucrative, but not too many give us good information videos as a benefit.  At one point during the pandemic, I had over a million points because i enjoyed watching (and doing!) the exercise videos every day.  Never won anything via the sweepstakes, but it certainly was fun (and beneficial!)  Please continue to post your ideas and suggestions, because it seems they clearly are listening !

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I hear you. Just give it a little time and let's see how you feel. You mentioned that the Companies that make their gift cards available for advertising and goodwill 🤔. Give me a minute to think about that. I hope you know that companies buy these gift cards in Bulk at a Big Discount. Wish you could have been around when AARP Rewards Program was only for 50+ people that really need help and let's not talk about the economy today. You mentioned that you had around 1,000,000 points and did you win anything? Back in the day there was Auctions which was real fun and you had to keep your eye on your monitor and try to get your bid in at the very last second. A lot of us have learned a thing or two, but ask yourself what is or what was AARP's goal and reason for this organization. I'm just saying 

@
Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello there

Reading your post brought back to memory that I had to wait to join AARP - back in 2008 was 50 years old at that time you had to be 50 to be a member... in line with how most Senior Centers you have to be 60 or 55 .... indeed there are alot of boomers but once AARP dropped age requirement that really increased membership plus added more members to Rewards program Not sure what year they removed age requirements but think in last 10 years possibly last 5... Anyone recall when? 

AARP was really known as group for Seniors which was founder Ethel goal/idea in 1958... so reckon few of us may recall those times & have witnessed lots of changes through the years which is how life is Always changing whether we desire it too 😯😫🤷‍♀️🤗😍

I recall Sweepstakes back then & I'm not up on rules to know whether that's why program changed to allow everyone??

I've always stated all that AARP offers and information available plus support of Seniors with AARP Foundation I'd always be a paying member regardless of what becomes of Rewards program & grateful for 🍒'cherries on top'🍨 when get a usable gift card for points... guess getting anything is truly icing on cake 

Thanks for sharing... really a blessing to have our community here

Enjoy your day⚘

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Contributor

In the early 80's my mother had joined AARP but passed away soon after.  I was in my 20's.  Among mail she got over the next several months was from AARP for auto insurance.  I mailed it back to them, marked deceased, but it kept on coming.  Finally, in desperation after having done this several times, I crossed out all he info and inserted mine.  They sent me auto insurance!  It was a year policy for a way better price than I was already paying for the standard 6 month policy.  I got the insurance and even took the 55 Alive Defensive Driver course and got a 10% rebate on the insurance as well.  The next year, upon renewal, they sent me a notice saying I was not old enough and would be dropped.  I asked them why did they take me in the first place, I gave them all valid info so they knew I was no where near 50.  They said they were dropping everyone who did not qualify.  So I guess they did this to many people.  They told me I could reapply for insurance (and presumably AARP) when I turned 50.  20 plus years later, they stated sending me invites so they once again had all my info.  I did not get auto insurance but signed up for AARP.  In all the correspondence they now tell me "Thank you for being a member for 29 years"! --

Jan. 01, 1984

So I guess once you are in their system they keep that as your baseline.

Periodic Contributor

I agree with most of your comments, but I am not sure if they are listening to any of the suggestions for making changes.  I wasn't a member of the old AARP program, but I've seen other rewards programs I belong to make "improvements" which were really just improvements for the company and not for the members of the program.  But as you say, it is up to us to decide how we want to use our time, and these companies don't owe us anything, it's up to them to decide how they want to get our business.  When I first joined AARP rewards last year, I was excited about the rewards and spent quite a bit of time on the site earning points.  Now that I've seen it isn't very easy to use my points to get things I can really use, I am spending much less time on this rewards program.

Silver Conversationalist

The new AARP Rewards program started favorably with "points only"  GC's ranging from $10 to $25 for popular vendors like Panera Bread, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, and Williams Sonoma, to name a few.  It was great to be able to redeem 3 rewards from the same vendor back then, and the number of points per dollar value for redemption was much less.  Now a $5 Amazon GC could go as high as 25K points.  In the beginning, there was 1 Daily Instant game with 100 winners per day instead of the 7 Instant Win games we now have.   AARP made it harder for us to win the Instant Wins, plus we have to use up more points to play 7 games now.  There used to be a weekly Instant Win for $50-$100 GC's when the program started, but soon eliminated.  As time went on, the new rewards program was changed, and not for the better for us paying members.  AARP started "take aways" by eliminating the higher dollar value GC's, limiting redemption rewards to 1 vendor per month, and making earning points more difficult by changing some of the daily earning videos to weekly and monthly videos.  Allowing membership to the rewards program for anyone 18 years or older, I don't see this reward program getting better for the paying senior members.  AARP is the acronym for  American Association of Retired Persons and the intent of AARP is to focus on seniors age 50+ years,  so why does an 18-year old qualify to join a program meant for "retired" persons??  I just don't get it!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗 I just have a picture to share with everyone. This is how my community page loads in the beginning. ( Kind of fast) REWARDS FOR GOODS. Then the AARP Rewards shows up. 

I'm just saying 

Picsart_23-04-12_10-53-44-404.png

Next >

Search

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Ginger,

I agree, those were the good ole days!  The Rewards 4 Good was fun, and I also looked forward to the 3 p.m. Daily Deals. I never got involved with the auctions, but enjoyed the free magazine subscriptions and other perks.

JoLo49

Bronze Conversationalist

Jamba Juice     Gift Card      Sold Out

$5.00  Value         15,000 Points

--  Find participating locations, visit  ---->  www.jamba.com.

😎

Honored Social Butterfly

Only a few left!  Sold Out

Jamba Juice Gift Card

15,000 Points
$5 Value
Silver Conversationalist

I remember at the start of the "new" rewards program, there were "points only" gift cards available with values as high as $20-25 after completing the Extra Credit activities.  Now these gift cards have been reduced to $5.  The 3 rewards per month would be adequate if the dollar value of the gift cards could be increased for members to at least $10, and allow the non-members the lower $5 gift cards.

AARP has been conducting an ad campaign to recruit new members, so there are a lot more people in the program. It is so much harder to redeem for the more popular rewards with so many more people competing to get the rewards. My complaint is that  AARP is allowing anyone 18 years or older to join the rewards program.  The rewards program should be a "reward" for seniors age 50 years or older, however, as it stands, the sky is the limit as to the number of participants in the program.  I presume most of the younger participants are non-members, and they are competing for the same rewards as the paying members.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Yes Yes 👍. I've been saying this for quite some time. AARP has joined the Let's get everything we can and don't worry about the complaints. As long as they feed the members a few bread crumbs ( 5% - 10% discount) and crusaders for seniors rights ( as far as I'm concerned, I don't see it) . AARP a non profit organization 🤔 ? Management sits back and collect their salaries and bonuses off the money we spend for membership and watching ads when watching videos. I gave the Rewards Program kudos a little to quick. These people and 18 year olds that don't pay anything to enjoy and aquire the same benefits as paying members is a big Slap in Our Faces. It's all about the Benjamin's . A lot of the Benefits that we as members receive ( just my opinion) aren't all that Beneficial. I know that for a lot of people it's a way to connect with others and aquire knowledge ( which they can find on the Internet ) but, as I've noticed with the quizzes and videos, they are the same ones over and over. We get points and AARP gets paid for the ads ( which after half of the ad has played you can skip the ad) . I Sa Share The Wealth. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Question to all the 'old timers' here...

When did the AARP Rewards start? 

When I came into AARP in Nov. 2020, I think I saw the last remnants of the bigger rewards and the ability to get more than just one per item.

I was busy trying to earn a lot of points for what I expected, but it slowly de-evolved to what we have now - the 'short/ shorter end of the stick' ; while the non-paying/ non subscribed are seemingly getting 'a better deal/ per value'

$10.00 g.c. for every one; and just only $5.00 g.c. for us paid 'Member's Only' 😠

🙄

Periodic Contributor

I'm a fairly new member, but from what I see of GC options, there are about equal distribution of $10 and $5 GC for members and non-members (mostly $5 GC and a few $10 GC). For me, the types available for members are much better than the ones available for non-members. But I've said this before (so I'm sorry to sound like a broken record), but my big problem with the program is that I almost never get the popular GC (for both members or non-members) because they sell out so fast and I don't have time to check for new rewards every hour of the day. If they want to make the program even a little bit better, they should offer more of the popular GC so they don't sell out so fast and more people can get them.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

I see a lot of people here that registered back in 2009. Maybe it's been since then. I've also seen mentioned something about 'auctions,' and I surely wasn't here for that! I remember the 3 redemptions (in 2020), too, and you could take 3x 25.00 GCs and apply it to one vendor (ie, PetSupplies.com, etc.). Now, it's 10.00 or less, and only one redemption per vendor (note that some vendors have GCs restrictions of how many can be applied at the time of checkout, as well).

Great points here! 😊

Silver Conversationalist

How about 3 X $25 Omaha Steaks redemption’s back in the day. That was a true reward. Sadly we won’t ever see that again with this administration. 😱 😱 😱

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

The newer AARP Rewards program started at the end of September 2019 when the Rewards for Good program ended.  Looking back, the Rewards for Good seem to have better perks, but at the time, AARP admin promised a "better and greater" rewards program.   In the older Rewards for Good,  there was a Daily Deal offering @ 3 p.m. EST.to "win" $5 gift cards for various vendors or merchandise offerings. It was something to look forward to each day.  

At the start of the new AARP Rewards, we were able to redeem 3 rewards for the same item, if we wanted to.

Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 everyone

Hey yes I planned my days around 3PM back then.... even recall stopping in rest area on trips back to family to try win items offered back then...I have lots nice jewelry and knives & kitchen gadgets & sports items I gave gifts of things to my family... most times had pay little something but well discounted & worth cost... liked most everything ever got at times some were FREE also magazines Free 

Plus Auctions & Sweepstakes which back then I won dozen or so times I've not ever won Sweeps in new Rewards 

Hey just recalled we didn't know what would be offered each day... only popped up item minutes b4 be offered so that increased excitement and participation & it ended when sold out wasn't a 2 hr window setup for it

I miss the merchandise... we had an inkling of it offered months ago travel bags & such Daily Deals went fast took skill & luck much like ones today but only discounted gift cards now so rarely try for em

Also there was an actual store to buy jewlery clothing shoes and gift cards lots of stuff didn't always require points 

'Rewards for good' was around when I joined 2008 & do believe Jolo correct New began Sept 2019 was b4 Pandemic 

I spent hrs everyday earning points many had millions of points Points expiration didn't begin till after new Rewards up & going so desire to earn & receive things was great

Always issues with points not being rewarded... believe that to be way is with anything setup way is

There are a greater number of quizzes & videos than used to be

But early in New Rewards getting 3 of any $$ amt Walmart or Sam's & Amazon gift cards was really great they sold out fast but with increase in membership since then has caused them reduce to 1 of each cause no longer can last way used to 

Reckon like rest of life... always pluses and minuses to way was and way is

It's definitely different & I am no longer as interested as use to be bbbuuutttt 5+ new members surely makeup any loss from my participation 

As was said... those were good ole days !

Grateful for all blessings... may you be blessed today in some wonderful way! 

Ginger  :  >

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP