CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Honored Social Butterfly

AARP Foundation Points Contribution  Sold Out

4,000 Points
Contribution

AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable older adults build economic opportunity and social connections. Even before COVID-19 concerns prompted calls for physical distancing, nearly 1 in 4 older adults were affected by social isolation and 43% of older adults reported feeling lonely. Connect2Affect, AARP Foundation's platform to end social isolation, provides information, resources and strategies to help increase social connection. By funding innovative concepts and launching new programs, AARP Foundation is calling attention to this public health issue and helping older adults build the social connections they need to thrive.

AARP Contribution.png
Honored Social Butterfly

Hiya, Ginger!

Do you think we can we change the Header/Title to read: 'LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY - MEMBERS ONLY!' (?) What do you think? 🙂

Conversationalist

I posted a new topic and I don't know if everyone here gets an email alert for that. Does one have to sign up for each topic? I ask becasue I only get emails from this subject of Latest Available points and no others.

Here's what I posted as a new topic and i hope other members support this idea.

AARP Consider Giving Paying Members 4 Redemptions

AARP Consider Giving Paying Members  4 Redemptions per month.  Leave non paying members at 3 redemptions. This will give us paying members a feeling of appreciation for our continued support to you. We would feel like we're getting more then those non paying members and it would be a win win for you and us. You already give us 7500 points to earn VS 5000 for non members so a precedant has been set to reward members a little more.

Karyn
Karyn
Trusted Contributor

Sold Out as of 1:10 PM Eastern Time

Members Only

Cold Stone Creamery Gift Card

12,000 Points$10 Value

On a personal note, happy mothers day

Honored Social Butterfly

In case anyone's interested...

Only a Few Left!

Trelawear Gift Card Toward a Designer Pendant

90,000 Points
$75 Value 

Look beautiful while staying safe with Trelawear—the first bluetooth personal emergency response pendants designed to look like jewelry. Accessorize to fit your style while having the peace of mind you’re safe if you ever need to call for emergency assistance. 

One gift card allowed per order. Multiple gift cards cannot be used at the same time.

trelawear-tile-image-catalog.imgcache.rev.web.300.300.png

Honored Social Butterfly

In case anyone's interested...

Only a Few Left!  [Removed From Catalog]

Digital Legacy: Take Control of Your Online Afterlife (ebook)

8,500 Points
$10 Value

Digital Legacy: Take Control of Your Online Afterlife debuted at #1 in Amazon’s Social Aspects of the Internet and received critical acclaim from high-profile luminaries in the tech industry and across a variety of reviewers. Lance Ulanoff, former editor-in-chief at Mashable and PCMag, said: “It will educate you, scare you, and spur you to action.” The book is written by Rikard Steiber and Daniel Sieberg, former Google executives and two of the founders behind GoodTrust, the digital-legacy platform. The book is an independent and authoritative look at this important issue and what you can do to get started. A must-read.
goodtrust-digital-legacy.jpg
Honored Social Butterfly

Burlington Gift Card  Sold Out
16,000 Points
$10 Value
Come an get it, Non-Members/Members!  ~ 🙂 ~ 

Burlington is a national off-price apparel, home and baby products retailer, with more than 800stores in the US and Puerto Rico. We offer great value to our customers by featuring high-quality, branded apparel, home and baby products at “Every Day Low Prices." Our stores offer an extensive selection of in-season, fashion-focused merchandise at up to 60% off other retailers' prices, including women's ready-to-wear apparel, menswear, youth apparel, beauty, footwear, accessories, home, toys, gifts and coats. Plus, at Baby Depot inside Burlington, you’ll find everything you need for baby...from bottles to cribs and more!

Burlington 05122023.png

Regular Contributor

They really should limit $10 cards to Members only.

Conversationalist

Well here on the west coast the Burlington was sold out when I logged in at 6:15 AM. I post this only to show the east coasters that the time difference is equal when it comes to rewards. Sometimes the east gets first crack at things and sometimes the west does. 

Karyn
Super Contributor

And those of us in the central time zone lose out no matter what.  This wasn't posted when I went to bed last night and was already sold out when I got up this morning.  The same thing happened to me with the Athleta gift card last week.  This rewards program is pretty useless for getting anything decent with points.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I think the bigger problem is that there are way too few rewards offered for a massive number of participants.   Huge numbers were recruited and we've seen the amount of the certificates go down dramatically.   Even cards I don't want sell out quickly.  

Silver Conversationalist

Anyone, 18 years and older, is allowed to participate in the rewards program, so the sky is the limit as to the number of participants accessing the rewards.  This rewards program should be limited to 50 years and older,  as that was the original intent many years ago.  Since we can't change the age eligibility of the program, AARP should allow only the "paying members" to have access to $10 certificates, and the $5 certificates for all members.  JMHO

Super Contributor

Even that won't help much.  I'm a paying member, and I couldn't get the Cold Stone Creamery gift card today because it was sold out already when I saw it for the first time.  Based on the previous comments, it looks like it sold out in about 2 hours.  They really need to offer more of the gift cards, even those for members.

Bronze Conversationalist

3 hours. I can verify the original posters (LesL) current comments on the - Sell-out time.

Big sell-out factors:

- it was $10.00 - bigger than the average $5.00 we normally get as Paid Members.

- relative low point value to redeem -12,000 points - and it is for $10.00 = good value per points.

- it's a Sunday and a holiday of sorts (thanks to all the mom's who give/ gave so much....) - more people are up and about; ( some percentage of AARP members do work 9 to 5 or part-time (usually Mon - Fri) 

- and as mentioned by various posters - more folks - Members and non-members are awaiting so few rewards/ gift cards.

😎

Conversationalist

One reason these gift cards sell out so quickly is the success of our pipeline to inform everyone who shares on these boards about new available points only rewards. We are the victims of our success so to speak. 

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

So...should we only share new available points only rewards for Members Only? Would that work better? And, just let all the non-members fend for themselves to be alert/aware of new non-member points only rewards? Would this better the chances for members to obtain the same points only rewards available for non-members? Should this system of communication, we are currently using, change? Are we trying to actually find a solution, or are we just having discussions. Truly, just curious!

I think as a community of Members we could do this! We could post available points only rewards for Members Only -- here.

And, then be the squeaky wheel for 4 monthly, points only, members only, rewards, with a 2 week turnover of stale points only, members only, rewards, to be replaced with new members only rewards? I know you were okay with the rewards being up for a month, but I think that's too long.

Not only that, but, as a non-member you can only earn 2,500/3,000 redeemable points daily, thus, having a 2,500/3,000 daily limit would make it more difficult to get those rewards so easily. (YES, I know it's currently 5,000 points, but I think that's too high, it should be lower to let's say, 2,500 or 3,000 MAX for the daily earn allowance for non-members. This will still give members the advantage, and the secondary on the account, 5,000 max points. Thus, making it more difficult for non-members to get the rewards, in comparison to how easy it is to create an account and get the rewards.)

What AARP is trying to achieve is to get non-members to become members, and when non-members don't have the rewards, they become members. Although, age is still a factor with the whole shebang. The online thing, I'm sure, caused that to happen (i.e., Sweeps, IWs, etc...).

That's just what I think, though. What do you think? 🙂 

Conversationalist

Kelly I don't have any answers but was sharing my observation. I would like for non members not to receive the notifications at all but if they sign up  to receive AARP notifications there's nothing we can do about it. 

Ideally AARP should offer us members 4 redemptions per month and non members the 3 per month so maybe we wouldn't be in competition with them by the end of the month or at least have a crack at more with our paid subscription

Karyn
Gold Conversationalist

@Karyn8   It was not up when I went to bed at 10 p.m. EST.   My feed had Kelly putting it up at 1 a.m. EST.   My times could be wrong, Kelly would know when it came up.   In any case, it was the night owls or early risers on the east coast that found it.

It was the first thing I'd caught this month.

Honored Social Butterfly

Physical Item  Sold Out

Members Only

Crafters Tote

17,000 Points
$7 Value

The Crafters Tote is the perfect carry-all for all of your crafting project needs. Plenty of storage with a large main compartment and multiple stretchy pockets around the base of the bag are perfect for supplies of all shapes and sizes.
CT.png
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a Few Left!  Sold Out

-------------------------------------------------------

@KellytheBelly wrote:

Physical Item

Members Only

Crafters Tote

17,000 Points
$7 Value

The Crafters Tote is the perfect carry-all for all of your crafting project needs. Plenty of storage with a large main compartment and multiple stretchy pockets around the base of the bag are perfect for supplies of all shapes and sizes.
CT.png
Honored Social Butterfly

🗨 Hiya! Guess what arrived today! 🙂

Received 05202023 (see pics below)
PHYSICAL ITEM

Members Only

Crafters Tote

17,000 Points
$7 Value
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, don't be too shocked when I show you the pictures here, because it does have the pockets all around, and the handle is the same, but the one I received was blueish-black. I think it's quite stylish, however. Also, the handles are (white) plastic. The inside was a bit sharp when I held it in my hand, so I sanded them down (just a small bit of elbow grease was required), and that was that!

Approx. DIMS: 13 ½ x 15 ½ x 5 ½ (expanded)

Here are those pics:

IMG_20230519_114820.jpgIMG_20230519_114751.jpgIMG_20230519_114901.jpgcrafters tote need to sandpaper the handles the plastic is sharp ii.jpgIMG_20230519_125209.jpg 🙂

Bronze Conversationalist

Update: As of Friday 5-12 ~~ 8:30 a.m. est - The Crafters Tote (with new Image) is now available.         Sold Out

You can redeem as usual - 17,000 Points - Members Only.

😎

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

crafters-tote.imgcache.rev.web.500.500.jpg

As of Thursday 5-11 ~~~12:30 + pm est - I'm not seeing this Tote Bag at all - no tile and/or image.

Yesterday ( a.m. hours), while it was first reported I did see the tile but with no image as reported by kelly.

But now, I'm not seeing it - they have removed this item.   Temporarily )

🤔

Community Concierge

@KellytheBelly The listing has been updated to show the image 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks! However, the item is no longer shown in the rewards catalog. Is this item now not available? Thanks, again! 🙂

Conversationalist

It looks like they have changed the picture.  It is a different tote then the sporty tote.  It fits the description of having pockets around the base of the tote.

Conversationalist

The picture is there now and it's the same as the bag already there so two of the same bags with different names and different values and different number of points for redemption. 

Karyn
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

sure hope they have a picture soon, I would not want to order it and find out it was a crappy bag.

Silver Conversationalist

@jserramcorder 

It’s a crappy bag. Same type, as those free gifts you get from Fingerhut.

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Yet, there's still no image showing what it actually is. Nonetheless, I went ahead, and redeemed it anyway! Daring, I know. har har 🙂 

Regular Social Butterfly

I ordered it last year and will again just to donate to charity because I know someone homeless can use it. Let's start thinking about being neighbors who help each other, perhaps?

I know you do, so let's do this for our less fortunate neighbors?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP