CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Honored Social Butterfly

How about first advocating for the removal of incredibly old (points only) GCs, maybe every two weeks? For example, these two GCs (shown below) have been in the rewards catalog for way too long! That's two spots for new GCs to be introduced, which I think makes a difference in the excitement of the rewards program, and for it to be 'freshened' every two weeks. Also, there should be as many GCs available as there are Instant Wins, 7 GCs at all times. At least something to look forward to, although it will be the usual 5.00 GC regurgitation. I'm only speaking of those points only GCs that do no sell out before the two weeks are up. We all know that AARP has released 10.00 GCs, they are few and far between, but in no way would AARP release 15.00 GCs, nor would they give us 4 redemptions every month (instead of 3), although it's a nice thought. I just don't think those things are ever going to happen, unless they made the 3 to 4 redemptions for members only. If you are a non-member you'd get 3 redemptions, if you are a member, 4 redemptions.

Overall, something like this...remove old GCs every 2 weeks, have at least 7 points only GCs available at all times, 4 redemptions for members only. There! That's my input. Seems good to me! 🙂

@AARPJanelleM  Pass this on, please. 🙂

old.png

Super Contributor

My biggest disappointment in this program is how fast the popular gift cards sell out, even the ones for members only.  I really wish they would offer more of those, so more people could get them.  I don't have time to check the rewards website (or this discussion) all the time to find out exactly when the popular gift cards become available, so I almost never get them before they are sold out.  I end up using my 3 rewards on gift cards that aren't ones I would really like to get, or sometimes I don't even use my 3 rewards for the month, which is really annoying.

Conversationalist

I like the rewards up for a full month, two weeks is too short. The reason I like the whole month is because if there's nothing I have used all my redemptions on I will get a stand by rather then waste a redemption. The idea of 4 redemptions for members only is a really good idea.

I would LOVE to see a drop down box for all the greeting cards and get them out of the redemptions page for points. 

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

I understand the 1 month, but you'd have rotation every two weeks, thus still having the opportunity to redeem something before month's end, maybe something you'd prefer more? I do not agree with having the same GCs up for a full month. I think the rewards program should be more exciting, with fresh rotation. 🙂

Conversationalist

I have advocated for 4 rewards per month which would equate to one a week. Although free is free there's nothing to do with a $5 certificate because the tax alone on some things would exceed the $5.

Karyn
Super Contributor

Before getting 4 rewards, I really wish they would offer more of the popular gift cards. There are times I don't even use my 3 rewards, because the gift cards that I would like to get are sold out before I even see them on the rewards site.  The ones that last longer are ones I can't use (restaurant or store not in my area), or ones that I wouldn't use so won't waste my points on them.

Silver Conversationalist

OLD NAVY

$10 Value

19,000 points

Conversationalist

Sold Out

OLd Navy Gift Cards

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

Members Only

AMC Theatres eGift card  Sold Out

15,000 Points
$5 Value

AMC is the largest movie exhibition company in the U.S., in Europe and throughout the world with approximately 1,000 theatres and 11,000 screens across the globe. AMC has propelled innovation in the exhibition industry by: deploying more plush power-recliner seats; delivering enhanced food and beverage choices; generating greater guest engagement through its loyalty program, web site and smart phone apps; offering premium large format experiences and playing a wide variety of content including the latest Hollywood releases and independent programming. AMC operates among the most productive theatres in the United States' top markets, having the #1 or #2 market share positions in 22 of the 25 largest metropolitan areas of the United States, including the top three markets (NY, LA, Chicago). Through its Odeon subsidiary AMC operates in 14 European countries and is the # 1 theatre chain in UK & Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Finland and the Baltic States. www.amctheatres.com.

AMC.png
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a few left!  Sold Out
Members Only

AMC Theatres eGift card

15,000 Points
$5 Value
Bronze Conversationalist

New!

Members Only

DSW Gift Card

17,000 Points

$10 Value

Concerned Member
Trusted Contributor

Just Saw Members Only

Hotels.com Gift Card

18,000 Points$10 Value

Silver Conversationalist

DSW

$10  Value for 17,000 points

Members Only.

Honored Social Butterfly

Members Only

DSW Gift Card  Sold Out

17,000 Points
$10 Value
Social Butterfly

Buca di Beppo Gift Card

13,000 Points
$5 Value

Open to all

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a Few Left!
Buca di Beppo Gift Card  Sold Out
13,000 Points
$5 Value

Conversationalist

GameStop Gift Card

15,000 Points

$5 Value

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

Only a few left!  Sold Out

GameStop Gift Card

15,000 Points

$5 Value

Conversationalist

Amazon.com Gift Card

37,000 Points

$10 Value

Karyn
Super Contributor

FINALLY got one!!!!!  Thanks so much!!!!!

Silver Conversationalist

Congratulations AnneQ you got the elusive LUCKY YOU tag

Enjoy

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you very much!

Honored Social Butterfly

Bump! 🙂

(not new, quite ancient, actually 😉 )

Aéropostale gift card  Only a few left!  Sold Out

15,000 Points
$5 Value

Aéropostale is a specialty retailer of casual apparel and accessories, principally targeting 16 to 22-year-old young women and men through its Aéropostale and Aéropostale Factory Stores and website, aeropostale.com. The brand provides customers with a focused selection of high-quality denim and fashion basics at compelling values in an innovative and exciting store environment. Aéropostale currently operates more than 500 stores in the U.S.
Honored Social Butterfly

April 2023 Extra Credit:

[Available Now]:

☆ Members Only
The Container Store gift card  (Removed at April-May 2023 reset)
17,000 Points
$5 Value

☆ Members Only
Bonefish Grill gift card  (Removed at April-May 2023 reset)
13,000 Points
$5 Value

[Sold Out]:

Members Only
Domino's gift card  Only a few left!  Sold Out
16,000 Points
$5 Value

Burger King gift card  Sold Out
16,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
Amazon.com Gift Card  Sold Out (in less than 60 minutes - WHOA! D;)
18,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
CVS Pharmacy® Gift Card  Sold Out
14,000 Points
$5 Value

☆ AARP Foundation Points Contribution  Only a few left!  Sold Out
4,000 Points
Contribution

HAPPY APRIL.jpg

Regular Contributor

Still hanging around from March... 

(Thanks to all original posters... KtB, RcD, Jolo, et al.):

AARP should just "retire" these cards and start fresh each month.

Baja Fresh Gift Card 12,000 Points $5

Pinkberry® Gift Card 16,000 Points $5 

Extra credit:

The Container Store gift card 17,000 Points $5  *Recycled from March*

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Can anyone please tell me how long and when that $5 Amazon gift card was there for? Wow when I was there around 12:30 this morning it wasn't there. Did the West coast get them or I hope others also were able to get one. I left the AARP Rewards website and went to Microsoft Rewards site and got a $10 Walmart e-gift card. But I could have used that $5 😳 Amazon gift card . Maybe they'll sneak a $10 Amazon gift card in while I'm sleeping 😂. Have a blessed weekend. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well, on a more positive note (ha!), at least this month's/April's reset was nothing like last year (2022)...one hour later. A disaster! 😧

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/New-Extra-Credit-for-April-not-Available/m-p/2448493

1 hour later.jpg

Cowboy Junkies - A Common Disaster  😁

Regular Contributor

you are amazing !  I hope you didn't sacrifice your earning and redemptions (esp for the amazon card!) in order to post and inform the community.  Thanks a bunch !!!  PS I posted a "thank you" to AARPTeri and the team for making April extra credit soooooooo much better and making the amazon card Members Only 😎

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you very much! I was able to juggle my posts, do the extra credit, and obtain an Amazon GC (received an email and everything). Super happy you were able to get one, as well! You are very sweet for being concerned. Take care. 🙂

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone is doing well this joyful day. Well I see actually I'm hoping AARP Rewards is playing a April fool's joke on the members with these $5 gift cards for completing the Extra Credit. Where's the Extra $10 gift cards for completing the Extra Credit. There's 1 $10 gift card for everyone and it doesn't look like everyone is jumping to get it. I stayed up just to ( hopefully) be one of the first to complete the Extra Credit and redeem points for a $5 gift card 😤. Over the years I've gained some knowledge of certain things that related to me but for the past 3 years I've mainly been interested in acquiring gift cards and prizes. June 30 2023 my membership is up and I shall not be renewing it. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP