CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

LATEST AVAILABLE POINTS ONLY!

eBay Gift Card

12,000 Points$5 Value

Available Now 

Enjoy a beautiful day! 

Try setup for us use as Main thread as they do with codes.... maybe it'll work either way I'm grateful for all who post info sure helps out Thanks! 

Ginger :  ) 

Social Butterfly

Overstock Gift Card

11,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
1:08PM ET

AndrewToo
Super Contributor

1/23/22 3:27 AM CST 

Overstock Gift Card

11,000 Points
$5 Value

Members Only
still available
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

BATH AND BODY NOW $5

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Bath and Body Works $5

Available now 2:57 p.m. EST

1/20

Super Contributor

Hokie,

Care to share what method you use to find these elusive points only rewards.

Are you using any particular arrangement of filters to find them or you simply scrolling through the catalog. I have noticed messages on a few reward cards here in the forum that I never saw.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@BillD916633   Just random looking.  I seem to excel at finding $5 cards and miss the few $10 ones.   They go so fast that by the time I see either them or a notification from the board, they are long gone.   I agree with the others that "for points" cards should be for members only.  This would make members more content and discourage those who come from sweepstakes sites to take the goodies.  Or it could encourage some to join.  Membership does not cost an arm and a leg and some might consider it a good investment.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Hokie and you too Anne for the reply and the 411. I try filters, sometimes they work sometimes not so much. Most of the time I keep getting the discount cards mixed in. Not a big fan of those cards. 8% - 10% is no discount in my book. 

Be safe & wear a mask

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Bill - they have a "for points' filter but other than that it is just luck as far as finding them since they are posted at random times.  Recently there was one that I would have wanted that was posted at 10PM ET and sold out by the time I was up in the morning, I guess in a way they want to be fair to people in all time zones.....with that said though I am of the opinion that these ALL should be for members ONLY

Silver Conversationalist

Someone posted that the โ€œmembers onlyโ€ cards remained available for a much longer period of time, case in point the $5 Overstock.com is still available. Thatโ€™s proof that the non-members are sucking most of the points only cards dry. Our Dear Administrator needs to wake up and read the writing on the wall, either take care of the paying members who are supporting this program or you may find yourself looking for a new home

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for reporting these when you see them. I have missed a whole bunch lately. They are sold out and disappear before I even knew they were offered. 

xo

Conversationalist

It is the opinion of many AARP members on this discussion forum that ALL Points-Only Gift Cards should be for MEMBERS ONLY, as they don't disappear nearly as rapidly as those that are open to the multitude of non-members that have descended upon the AARP Rewards program in recent years.

Available evidence indicates that Points-Only Gift Cards that are open to everyone disappear in a heartbeat -- 2 to 4 hours or less -- whereas those that are restricted to MEMBERS ONLY remain available for 8 hours or more.

Thus, AARP members who only check the Rewards program once a day or less -- unless they're really lucky -- often have little to no chance of winning Points-Only Gift Cards.

It is the opinion of most AARP members, I would venture to guess, that membership organizations should cater to their dues-paying MEMBERS, not the freeloading non-members who have invested nothing but are allowed to take coveted rewards from those who actually pay to support the organization.

Admin, are you listening?!?

Rant over.

Trusted Contributor

Good points Gary! I wonder if we could get a report of who got the points only and get a split between members and non-members, I think that would be quite the eye-opener

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, definitely! It confuses me as to why any non-member is given any opportunity to redeem anything. I cannot lie to myself when I think that the peeps at AARP are playing games with their paying members. There's truly enough chaos in my life... and I used to come here to relax. Yet, those days seem like a distant memory. I would love to speak positively about my experiences here (word-of-mouth, mainly). On that note, things do need to change. /rant ๐Ÿ˜‰

Silver Conversationalist

Not much chance of things changing for the better. This administrator has without a doubt turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the paying members. The CEO Jo Ann Jenkins may not be aware or she simply does not care how this program is being run. She has no clue how much the reputation of AARP has gone down the toilet. 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

$5 Texas Roadhouse

1/18

3:10 p.m.

Silver Conversationalist

Never saw that one Hokie, they are eliminating the "sold out " e-cards much faster now than in the past Hummm 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Super Contributor

Thanks Hokie!!  Snagged that one since there is one in my neighborhood

Trusted Contributor

eBay gift card

12,000 Points
$5 Value
Members Only
Conversationalist

This MEMBERS ONLY deal is still available 8+ hours after Kenneth's post above. If this deal was open to non-members, it would've been sold out after 3 or 4 hours, assuming equal numbers of gift cards are being made available.

Conversationalist

Sierra Gift Card (Marshalls, TJ-Maxx, Home Goods)

22,000 Points
$10 Value
Members Only

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Jason2020LovesKelly !!!  I was waiting for a good card like this to redeem my points on

Conversationalist

No problem!

Conversationalist

Sold out!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The Darden $10 GC deal would have been nice if offered in the Extra Credit reward program at the first of the month...frankly.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

Olive Garden Gift Card

21,000 Points
$10 Value
NOT members only!
This redemption provides a Darden gift card good at Longhorn
and Cheddar's, among others, not just Olive Garden.
AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

We need more of this type of high caliber gift cards and ditch the UNO Pizzeria cards

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus   I don't mind Uno as there is one near me.  I understand folks don't want one if they don't have that vendor near them.  There are a bunch, like Albertson's, that are not in our area.   I figure that those I can't use will be gotten by someone who can, and theoretically, leave something else for me.  Have not gotten three redemptions in a long time.   $5 not worth bothering unless you could get more than one.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @HokiePoq 

You're right about Uno, if the vendor is close by and you patronize them then that's really great.  I don't follow managements way of thinking when it comes to offering these reward e-cards. We (members) only get 3 redemptions per month, and when you avoid cards that you cannot use and are limited to only one vendor per redemption then that reduces your chances of winning even more.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

Going back to redeeming 3 redeems for one vendor/business seems feasible. Sure you have rack up the points for that, but I am totally game for this to happen. The latest and the greatest is really the worst-case scenario, and a good reason for members to become non-members, until they (AARP) decide to make that change. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Silver Conversationalist

Did not see that one Andrew. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

No matter, I was out of rewards redemptions for the month anyway.

3 redemptions for an entire month is just not the cat's meow. especially when we are bumping heads with non-members.  Just Saying 

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP