Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily

Silver Conversationalist

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily. It’s been 7,500 points for a long time….also we need more to spend it on besides contests & instant wins…there has been too little else…besides the same things… like E-greeting cards (which you can make for free) & these stoooopid coloring books✍️ 🎨 …lol…

Today I went ahead & spent 11,000 points on a $5.00 office max gift card (it’s basically of little value by itself). Some of the few available $5.00 gift cards are worthless…like on NIKE…it wouldn’t even pay for tax! 😄There are so few gift cards to use ‘points only’ on…& often sold out even as I’m seeing them available for the1st time. Lately there hasn’t been hardly anything to use points on for the whole month. So… as I need to spend some points on something…what’s left I use 1,000 points on each contest that I could a actually use if I won….like today there are 10 worth entering…& that’s 10,000 points …so as I can only earn 7,500 points…therefore, my points balance is continually shrinking.

Anyway…I hope there is some action on this.

As always…the community here is full of many nice people.

Take care ~Allen

Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks for this post, Allen!

I have to wonder if it is a problem with AARP's "fulfillment outsource", that I contacted after being notified 11/22/2021 I won something...

HelloWorld.PNGSince receiving the notification, I emailed twice (two days apart) and finally included AARP as cc at which time finally receiving a response on 12/01/21. Since then, NOTHING.

I'm not sure why this was outsourced; I know some orgs believe that to be better, but in this case, I think we trusted AARP more when they did the work they promised?

But obviously something is broke here; AARP, please consider and move forward?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @WebWiseWomanThanks for your reply.

I’ve had similar probs with helloworld on another website promo & basically it took 7 hours of phone calls…mostly on hold!...on a dozen different days, with many reps & supervisors …each time assuring me that “the matter has been escalated” …yah right…haha…….& almost 5-6 months ….just to get what they said would arrive within “no later than 6 - 8 weeks, tops!” So…..you can’t blame everything on the virus!

Thanks again ~Allen

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Therapist4u 

I know where you are coming from Allen with HelloWorld. Won a Carnival Sweeps back in the day with R4G and never got the plastic gift card. Either HelloWorld  or UPS or both of them had a hand in that fisco. Both blamed the other for the loss but neither would make it right. HelloWorld was the worst, rude, condescending, arrogant and even suggested I was lying ect ect. Got no use for them 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @rednexsrus

Thanks for your reply.

I agree…unfortunately they are running many website’s promos & contests….so they have total control of many people’s winnings & awards…therefore they can treat us anyway they want & seem to not care about individuals…as long as they get paid thru all their contracts.

Away, hope you’re  doing well.

Take care ~Allen

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

6-8 wks seems to be the std response; so guess we'll have to wait for that.

One of the thoughts I have is @AARPLynne please pass on to ADMIN this is truly not acceptable policy. A sweeps win in Oct should not have to wait until Jan the next year, really... that's a #dotard time schedule...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Hi Allen

Nice to meet you

*removed prior content*

🙄🤯🥴   🥶😨🥺 😉  🙀 🥴😄😂🤣😉😊 🥰 have a blessed week 🎄🎄🎁🎄🎄

Ginger  ;   )

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Ginger @gm5271 

Thanks for your reply.

Nice to meet you too.

Take care ~Allen ☮️

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP