Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Fair Warning About SCOTTeVESTS Gift Code Redemptions

Honored Social Butterfly

Fair Warning About SCOTTeVESTS Gift Code Redemptions

You can only use one gift card code per order. They will send you a 15% off of your first order, via email, as well, when you sign up. Yet, you can't combine a gift code, and the 15% off promo on the same order. 

This month, I have redeemed (2) of these points only gift codes. Went to place an order, after nearly an hour of trying to find something reasonably priced, and in my size, come to find out that you can only use ONE gift code per order. I just had this discussion with the company customer service, and they won't budge on their policy. This would have been nice to know prior to redeeming. Not only that but around $8.00 in shipping. It's not worth it! They want insane clams for cheaply made products. Pockets in underwear briefs for $22.00 (they are now $19.00, even with $8.00 in shipping, plus tax, the most recent GC won't even cover that, and you'd have to give them other payment information -- which I would not with this company)? Even my husband laughed heartily at that.

Well, it was something new to try, that fell flat on its face for me. What in the heck am I going to do with these gift codes? Although I did not disclose the conversation verbatim, I am not comfortable with doing business with this company. They seem shady to me, IMO.

I've never experienced this before. AARP should allow us to return these redemptions for something else. What a waste. My biggest regret, yet!

head bang.gif

Conversationalist

Similar issue with Bath and Body Works. I saved up 3 certificates (DH & ME) and went to use them online yesterday because it was their June Sale. You can only use 2 gift certificates. With $6.99 shipping and only using 2 certificates it was a waste of certificates. You can however use multiple certificates at the actual store. 

Karyn
Honored Social Butterfly

Good to know! Thanks!

Super Contributor

Well that sucks. Should have known it was too good to be true. I got both the $25 and $30 GC, thinking I could combine them on something, since the items are so pricey. Now I'm out the points and 2 redemptions for this month. Just one more thing about this rewards program that makes it a waste of time. They should have specifically said in the description that you could only use one code per order.

Periodic Contributor

They are currently having a 30% off sale.  When I applied the AARP "gift card", my price went up by $25 on the item I was shopping for.  Oh well, it was only 17k points.

Honored Social Butterfly

Geez! I'm guessing you weren't able to get anything after that? It seems this company wants everyone's email, name, address, and credit card information (aka phishing) to complete orders, and that's wrong (especially for seniors). Although, it's not at all about the points I used for the redemption, it was the fact that I used one of my 3 redemptions for the month, and absolutely don't want it now, nor deal with this shady company. That's the real bummer part. I was so excited to try something new, and then I was faced with the usual shady business tactics. You know?>>> 'Adulting' can kiss my grits. 💋

Conversationalist

I started to redeem for the codes but decided to get more details first.I went to the site and could not find any info regarding gift codes so I opened the chat box and ask questions.No one was online but requested info via email.They replied I could apply one code on an order when placed ( didn't actually see a way to apply it) and once the order shipped I could call and ask that a second one be applied.I didn't trust that it would actually end up that way and passed on the deal.Any site that isn't clear on things like this I avoid.If they really want to be fair to the customer that info will be clearly stated on their site.I suspect that is why the $30 code is a low 17,000 points to redeem.To much fraud now to risk things like this.

Honored Social Butterfly

⬇️Exactly!!! ⬇️ Thank you! 

@MemberS2006 wrote:
...'They replied I could apply one code on an order when placed ( didn't actually see a way to apply it) and once the order shipped I could call and ask that a second one be applied.I didn't trust that it would actually end up that way and passed on the deal.Any site that isn't clear on things like this I avoid.If they really want to be fair to the customer that info will be clearly stated on their site.I suspect that is why the $30 code is a low 17,000 points to redeem.To much fraud now to risk things like this.'

Bronze Conversationalist

@KellytheBelly 

Quite a time back (years), my husband and I both redeemed points for Scottevest gift cards.  We were able to apply both cards to our order for an 'on sale' item.  It turned out to be a real decent deal.  However, the current offerings said $X off (with no mention of the words 'gift cards') which made me suspicious so I didn't redeem for them.  I guess my suspicions were correct.

When dealing with a business/company I am not really sure of, I generate a virtual credit card number through my credit card carrier.  I specify the exact amount of the charge I am making. After payment is posted to my account, I delete the card so no other charges can be processed.  I do this, especially if I am concerned that a business might try to auto charge me without my knowledge.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks for the insight, and feedback. Seems too complicated, and not something I'm interested in doing. It should be more simple. When a company won't work with you, then I will not do business with them. That's it, that's the clincher!

Thanks, again. 

Super Contributor

All of these replies here are a really good thing, and helpful information, but I blame this administrator/ Hello World for not being transparent with members. They knew all along the rules behind these rewards and should have included this information in the

terms. No interest here in protecting seniors.

Gold Conversationalist

@BillD916633   BINGO!!!  I'm thinking many were duped out of points/redemption on this.  I checked it out and liked a sale item and noticed that 25 per cent off and got suspicious.   Now someone has confirmed that the price is raised when the AARP code is used.   Abetted by Hello World, this company issued a worthless code to get people to come to their site, thinking they were getting a deal.   AARP should not allow "fool the seniors" redemptions or the slanted advertising "quizzes".   

Honored Social Butterfly

Redemption gift codes? Never again! Ha! (not for me anyway - still super p.ssed about it.)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP