Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

E-Gift Cards

During our initial few days of beta - we realize that there have been a few bumps in the road.

There were some issues with e-cards.

Points Only: There was an error with a link included in the redemption email for 3 brands – Safeway, Uber and Uno.

All users who used points for one of these e-gift cards will receive a NEW confirmation email tonight with the correct code included.  (Please Note:  The code is still only for one-time use).

Gift Cards for Purchase: All of these redemptions had a missing redemption link/URL starting around 9 am on 9/25. We’ve been working on a solution and believe we have it working, but if you experience any issues, please contact us!  

Thank you!  We are working hard to continue to make updates and fix any issues and appreciate all of your feedback.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

They were there on Friday, I got the safeway one
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,

I specifically want to purchase the Carnival gift cards (10% savings).  Where can I find this link?  Please tell me they are still available?  

Thanks! 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @jb24027006 

Go to Redeem tab, go to See All Rewards, keeping pressing See More until you find them.  You can also use the Filter.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

CAN'T EVEN FIND OUT WHERE TO PURCHASE THEM ON HERE.
0 Kudos
Contributor

y said they were not going to have carnival cards any more?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

We have been working to correct the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

We are working to correct the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Contributor

It's been a month.  Has there been any improvement in the system? 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Is there any time frame for when the problem with Carnival gift cards will be resolved?  I check every day, but have not seem them since the very first day.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for the update, I'm sure the issue will be corrected. I look forward to purchasing Carnival Cruise Ship gift cards in the future. Anytime there is a new system that's put in place, things do not go as smoothly as expected. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jb24027006   We will have the carnival e-gift cards back on the site.  If you check back we can post an update in these forums when they return.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for the quick response.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Has anyone found where we can purchase Carnival Cruise gift cards? I was hoping when they introduced the new AARP Rewards that we could continue to purchase these gift cards at a discount. If I was looking in the correct place, there are very little gift cards available. 

Conversationalist

Carnival gift cards were the reason i found Rewards for Good in the first place.  I understand your situation.  They had a problem with the new program not providing pin numbers with the new eCards for Carnival.  That said, there is a possibility, given the statement on the page where you purchase each card, that says you can only buy one per month.  We haven't heard yet whether or not that is true.  I hope not.  People usually make those type of large purchases at a certain point relative to when they need it, because once you buy them you can't use them for anything else and you can't get you money back if you can't use them.  

If the Carnival Gift Cards become unusable, I will still use AARP Rewards and collect points, but I won't be using as much as I otherwise would.

Periodic Contributor

I have been purchasing Carnival Cruise gift cards for quite awhile from AARP Rewards for Good. We cruise with Carnival alot and have 4 bookings right now. I will still take advantage of the once a month purchase to settle the balances of our bookings. The big one is the inaugual sailing of the Mardi Gras from Copenhagen Denmark for August 2020. So as soon as they become available again, I will be making a monthly purchase.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP