Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Deciphering the Promo Code

This is my first time trying answering the Promo Code question from the Rewards emai since the new program rolled out. I am logged into my account and tried entering the number 13 in the Promo Code box.  I also tried 13DAYS.  All are being rejected.  I have not been told that I was locked out (at least not yet!) Can anyone help?
Question: 

On average, caregivers spend how many days each month on basic caregiving tasks?
Find the answer in this newsletter and enter it into the promo code
box on the top right of AARP Rewards pages.

Answer: On average, caregivers spend 13 days each month on tasks like shopping, food prep, cleaning, laundry...

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Broken record here.  Still not getting the Rewards for Good emails.   My email is correct as I got the monthly statement and the give up your telephone number one.   Also got the sharper brain emails where I was supposed to get 750 points and got nothing but the emails.    

I don't know why this happens.  It happened on the webletter on the old program before admins straightened it out just in time for the program to end.

Thanks again for posting this new promo code.  No email I receive has ever had one.

And another question, is a land line number okay for this verification or whatever?

I really don't want texts coming to my cell I use rarely.  How is one to verify?   

There was no explanation in the email requeting (requiring?) us to submit a telephone number.

The frustrations are starting to build to critical here.

HokiePoq

Who is still at a Big Fat Zero in amount saved despite trying every day in the instant games.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Solotreker 

This is a strange one; the promo code is thirteen.  Get those points.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I did not get the promo code.  I've seen the block for entering them but the emails I have received lacked them.   Can anyone tell me which one or ones have the codes?

Not that I have anything to do with the points except the daily/weekly lose games....

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Did you ever get an answer to your question?  The Rewards Promo Question and code are in the weekly Rewards email.  It asks a question and you find the answer (easy).  If you have chosen to view displays in your email, the answer will actually appear in the box below the question.  Stil, even knowing the exact answer, I have not been able to get the code to go thru on the website. A bit frustated with the program!

Debbie

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

The Rewards codes are usually at the bottom of the newsletter, and not like in the old R4G newsletter.  These are reversed, upside down and in the form of answering a question to determine the 11/21 code.

If you look at my post "REWARDS EMAIL PROMO CODE"  I have posted the codes for every week since they started.  You can get them all from the post.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Regular Contributor

Me, again!  Am I the only one having this much trouble deciphering the Promo Code?  I have yet to get one right without searching on this forum for the exact wording or lettering of the code.  This just seems like a ridiculous waste of time.  Are people not complaining?  Is there some trick I'm not seeing?  How exactly are you figuring it out?  

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Solotreker 

The goal is to make us work for the promo code now, unlike in R4G where it was plain and simple.

It's FREEZETHEM for Friday. You're right it is a pain.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Once again, this Promo Code thing is a PIA!  The answer this week is obviously some form of 8%.  I've tried more than a dozen variations including all caps, numerals vs words, spaces and no spaces, reverse lettering and more.  With that much effort, shouldn't any respectable promo code be available to all members and  regular visitors to this site???  

And I have a question!  I'd love to know how many people actually get the answer right without having to come on to the forum and ask.  Am I just one of the "stupid" ones?  Or is really keeping people away from the purpose of offering the promo code in the first place?

Debbie Kutner 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hello Debbie @Solotreker ,

I posted this somewhere and can't find it, except on my laptop.

But, I always keep a page or two of an AARP Rewards page open all the time.  I just refresh one to sign on.  Sometimes, it makes me give my password and the other stuff.

You can find this on most any page of AARP Rewards.  Below, "Discover" has been replaced with "Explore".  I don't click on anything from the Email to enter the promo code.  It is easier for me to go to an open page.

This image is just below the Black Banner (that doesn't work right, but, another issue).

Just make sure you are signed on and find that little "Enter a promo code" box and enter the code.

001 Promo Code.JPG

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Another came today?   I still don't receive them for some odd reason.  I've updated and so have the admins.

On the plus side there is nothing to do with the points other than lose 150 on the games every day without winning anything.   

Thanks in advance to anyone who can post the correct code for those who can't see it or those of us who don't get the emails.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Promo Code came today:8

yep, just 8

Take care,

Andrew

@HokiePoq wrote:

Another came today?   I still don't receive them for some odd reason.  I've updated and so have the admins.

On the plus side there is nothing to do with the points other than lose 150 on the games every day without winning anything.   

Thanks in advance to anyone who can post the correct code for those who can't see it or those of us who don't get the emails.

AndrewToo
Gold Conversationalist

@andrewtoo   Thanks for the promo code....marylin, too.  

Much appreciated for those of us who can't get things to work.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I should have thought to try "thirteen" instead of the numberal 13.  But, if they are all this much trouble, I may skip it all together. 

Edited to add: I just tried thirteen, THIRTEEN, AND thirteendays.  None were accepted!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Solotreker 

Try refreshing/reloading the page and then enter it.  It worked for me, I got the points with it.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Once again, even seeing the exact answer on the Rewards email page, I can not get the code to be accepted.  Am I an idiot or is there a hitch in the program?  I want a fair chance to earn the promo points.  If it's just too "difficult" for me to figure the puzzle out, than I will delete the email subscription and stick to answering quizzes, walking daily and watching videos.  But, if there is a hitch in the program, someone needs to fix it.  

Answer given in the email is 8.  I tried 8, eight, and Eight.  None were accepted and I did refresh the page after each attempt.

Debbie

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Solotreker 

Your first entry was correct, it is 8.  I got points, and I first tried 8 percent to no avail.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Any idea why my attempts at entering 8 are not being accepted?  I will tell you that I have one time, maybe be able to enter a code that was accepted.  
Debbie

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@Solotreker are you getting an error message when entering the promo code? What are you seeing? What browser are you using? Any details you can provide are helpful!

@HokiePoq thanks for keeping us in the loop with this. We've once again signed you back up for the emails. 

AARP Community Manager
Gold Conversationalist

Thanks @AARPCaroline   

I don't know what the glitch is but signing up the same way over and over doesn't work.  Same issue with the webletter on the old program but someone finally fixed it on the tech end.   

No problem getting other newsletters, just the ones with the codes. 

And a question/comment:   I now see there was a special offer today.   It was sold out by the time I noticed it.  Was it in the email today?  

Thanks for the special offers which give more people opportunities to win something (I'll know to look tomorrow anyway.)

I have complained several times but want to be sure it is clear that I know the games are legit.   We used to have an epidemic of people who didn't win the daily deal coming on the boards to call it a scam.   Not winning doesn't make something a scam.  It might make us feel unlucky, but we are not scam victims.    I've been married for 52 years so I guess I was lucky in love instead, lol.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello HokiePoq

I sure felt all the R4G sweeps, auctions and Daily Deals were fake cause I wasn't winning.  Others stated they were winning, thought it might linked to certain log ins.  I finally won some daily deals at the end and felt better about program.

Congratulations on being lucky at love, it's a blessing.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@Solotreker Thanks for providing those details! We'll take a look into what's happening. I will add the missing 100 points to your account in the meantime. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am getting the same thing I always get: error code; we don't recognize that code, please try again.  See examples below.  Refreshed the page after each attempt.  Also tried clearing my history for AARP earlier this afternoon.
     I am using a Mac Air laptop with Safari as the browser, but get the same results on my iPhone 8, as well.Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 4.39.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-17 at 4.39.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-17 at 4.40.05 PM.png

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP