Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Clarification of Instant Win and 9AM

Conversationalist

Clarification of Instant Win and 9AM

Hi all,

I was a bit confused by the mention of 9am in connection with instant wins.

In most instant win games I've played, a new day started at 12:00am (or 00:00 for 24 hr clock), usually Eastern Time.

Instant Win Games on AARP apparently start their new day at 9am Eastern.

I had not been playing the Daily Instant Wins, but recently started the AMC Weekly. It's just after 3am here (4am ET) and i got this:

Wow!

We love your enthusiasm. However, you've already played today. Be sure to play once per day for more chances to win. Find tomorrow's game link in the Official Rules found in AARP Rewards.

That was a surprise, as my last attempt was maybe around noon the previous day! Surely noon on one day is not the same day as 4am on the next?

Looking at the rules, I see: "Each entrant may play one (1) time each “Day” (defined as 9:00 a.m. through 8:59 a.m the following calendar day) during the Promotion Period."

So, if you want to play an Instant Win early, you still have to wait until 9am ET. Before that, the Instant Win for that day (by human reckoning) may tell you it's not available in some fashion.

Enjoy a new day people. Cheers!

Ray

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, so I asked when Management posted about Instant Wins going LIVE at 9a EST what was our answer.  

Only available between the hours listed, that's what LIVE means....HUH?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Lol, it is still a 24 hr day at least, just a oddly shifted day. I wonder if some of the issues seen with Instant Win errors were related to the change of timing.

Ah well, as I predicted, I totally didn't think of entering Weekly Instant Win until I just got online after work. Sure wish I could have taken care of it this morning. I better go do my free entry now.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, the dangers of going LIVESmiley LOL  Good Luck!

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP