Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Carnival gift cards

Message 121 of 142

@JohnP366062 @bree702 

You will be contacted tomorrow regarding the correction to the Carnival ecard issue.  We are sorry it took longer than expected.  Please let us know if you do not receive correspondence by 2pm ET.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 122 of 142

AARP should've began issuing refunds immediately after discovering that this was a major, widewpread problem.

The company that was in charge of the Rewards For Good gift cards, Deluxe Rewards, Ltd., used to sell Carnival Ecards on a regular basis prior to this year. In all my time as a member of Rewards For Good, I don't recall that company selling Ecards without PIN numbers. In my opinion, this is a problem with the new company, HelloWorld, Inc.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 123 of 142

Exactly.  Nothing but crickets from @AARPTeri or anyone else from aarp!!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 124 of 142

It absolutely is FRAUD!  Selling someone something for a price and it not being what it is suppose to be, is FRAUD.  I've been out $448 too for a worthless piece of paper with a card number on it but no pin, therefore I can't use it so it's worthless.  This has to stop, this has to be resolved TODAY!!!!  

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 125 of 142

It's a shy, but I went ahead and did a dispute with my CC. They have no idea when there will be a resolution. Also disputed my membership charge.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 126 of 142

So how long does this take?  I thought your company stated it would be an easy transition to this AARP Rewards program.  Really?  I only use my points for Carnival purchases and some odd sweepstakes entry.  When are the cards coming back?  I have a cruise to pay for! 

Donna Frizzell
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 127 of 142

Any update? Hate to have to put a dispute in on the CC but this is a bit ridiculous!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 128 of 142

AARP, please ditch the monthly limit. You now require people to be paying members just to buy Carnival gift cards so we shouldn't be stuck to a monthly limit. Especially 1 per month or 3 a month per retailer, whatever that means. Those of us who use them often buy more than one at once to make payments on cruises and buy other things through Carnival. Being limited to 1 a month severely limits our ability to use them to pay on cruises. If this limit is put in place by the new rewards operator, HelloWorld, Inc., then you never should have left Deluxe Rewards, Ltd. Carnival gift cards are very popular and in high demand. AARP stands to lose business with this monthly limit.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 129 of 142

Since we were unable to purchase our limited amount for Spetember will our Sept allotment be carried over to October? 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 130 of 142

Has there been a resolution? I'm still not seeing them.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507