Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival gift cards

It looks to me like the Carnival gift cards are gone!

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Regular Contributor

I would buy, my cruise is thanksgiving week and isn't canceled. Pm me and we can work it out

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@WilliamJ206573 @KandyP234702 @JohnP366062 It is a violation of AARP's terms of service to sell your gift cards through the AARP Community. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

Please tell me where on the site can I purchase Carnival gift cards.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@aarchie Carnival gift cards are available in the catalog at www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

what catalog?  I don't see one.  

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

0 Kudos
Contributor

How long does it take to get the Carnival gift card when purchasing it through AARP? Is it electronic and immediate?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@gg29017952 The Carnival gift card will arrive via email within 72 hours. Be sure to also check your spam folders if you do not receive it within that timeframe. 

Contributor

My first time buying gift cards....Do I have this right?

I put the gift cards I want to buy in my cart then check out

once they are paid for I get an email with some code numbers? that I give to my Travel Agent tp pay of my cruise?  my final payment is due in 2 weeks, if I buy now will I get these digital codes in time?

Thanks in advance for your patience

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@donaldw125366 You will receive the email containing the gift card information within 72 hours once you complete the purchase. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

You should get an email a short time after paying for your cards.  Probably an email for each.  The email will have a link to pull up a page that has a picture of the the card with the cards number and pin.  You can print this or save it to your phone.  These are the numbers your travel agent will need to enter to use for your final payment. 

Hopefully they do not get delayed in sending the email.  I have gotten most of mine in a few minutes.  But I have had a couple that took longer, up to 2 days.  I had to call to have them resend an email before.  But things should work in less than 2 weeks. 

Also you are only allowed to purchase 5 cards per month.  I also think you are only allowed to buy 1 from a merchant per month.  If that's the case and you want to buy 2, you would need to buy 1 today before this month ends.  Then you should be able to buy another one tomorrow since it will be a new month.

Periodic Contributor

I don't want to sell to an individual.  No way for either  party to ensure they don't get screwed.  I am looking for a service that acts as an intermediary where they buy your gift card at a % discount (looking for the least discount) then resale to someone else.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Look at raise.com
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@WilliamJ206573  I sent you a PM.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

WilliamJ206573

What are you thinking of getting for them? And, how many do you have? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

WilliamJ206573  PM me if you can. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I’m not able to but you can email me at **personal information removed**

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Because of the limit on buying more than one per month, I haven't been following.  But, if there is only the $100 card available, what makes AARP think that people aren't purchasing them now for a cruise well into the future, when the travel restrictions are lifted?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi guys!

How do I go by to purchase the Carnival gift cards. This will br my first time.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Because of the limit on buying more than one per month, I haven't been following.  But, if there is only the $100 card available, what makes AARP think that people aren't purchasing them now for a cruise well into the future, when the travel restrictions are lifted?

Exactly. That's how most people buy Carnival cards. They build them up over time. Some do it even when they don't have a cruise booked, but know they will. What does the pandemic have to do with buying gift cards for future cruises? What does AARP have against people building up their own stockpile of cards?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

What has happened to the Carnival gift cards now?

@AARPTeri?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @OrganizedChaos75 

They posted end of last week with the Changes to Catalog post that all travel and theatre cards were being removed due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.  Hope this helps answer your question.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

I asked my travel agent if Carnival egift cards could be used to load Sign & Sail card.  He told me NO, that only cash, credit cards, and debit cards can be used.  Has anyone recently been able to use these e-gift cards for that purpose?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Your travel agent doesn't know what he is talking about, you can load gift cards on your account when you get to the ship. I do it all the time

Your travel agent is wrong.  Any carnival gift card (ecard or physical card) can be loaded to your sign and sail account.  With the physical card you just hand the card over to Guest Services sometime after you board the ship and they load it to your account.  With the ecard you just jot the number and pin on a piece of paper (or show them the email) and they will also load it to your account.  I have done both MANY TIMES on Carnival ships.  Now I do prefer the physical card, because on the very, very off chance they might say "this card has already been used," I can immediately show them that the pin number has not been exposed, so it is impossible for it to have been previously used.  But that has never happened to me on more than a half dozen cruises where I have used the gift cards!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I was just looking at AARP Carnival gift cards in the Redeem area, and it makes no mention of them being e-cards.  Are they real cards now?  Has anyone purchased one recently?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@RussellP197074 wrote:

I was just looking at AARP Carnival gift cards in the Redeem area, and it makes no mention of them being e-cards.  Are they real cards now?  Has anyone purchased one recently?

When you click on the Carnival gift card to bring up the Add to Cart page, at the top it says "Digital Gift Card" and under Disclaimer, it says "Fulfilled as a digital gift code."

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do I buy a Carnival gift card?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@LindaF69700 wrote:

Go to your AARP Rewards homepage, click on Redeem, then the Members Only tab. The Carnival gift cards are the first one in the list for me. Keep in mind, you do need to be a paying member of AARP to buy one and now have to use PayPal or ApplePay to make the purchase.

Social Butterfly

Are you really, really sure you want to?

😂😂😂

@LindaF69700 wrote:

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP