Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival gift cards

It looks to me like the Carnival gift cards are gone!

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Regular Contributor

It's a shy, but I went ahead and did a dispute with my CC. They have no idea when there will be a resolution. Also disputed my membership charge.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JohnP366062 @bree702 

You will be contacted tomorrow regarding the correction to the Carnival ecard issue.  We are sorry it took longer than expected.  Please let us know if you do not receive correspondence by 2pm ET.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

@AARPTeri 

I would also like to be contacted today as I have a Carnival ecard as well and have spent hours trying to get it resolved without any help. From calls to AARP, Carnival, and Blackhawk, no one wants to take responsibility for this screw-up. I am ready to just dispute the charge plus cancel my membership and move on. This is simply ridiculous. AARP sells the cards and needs to stand behind their program.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@rolaur   You are on our list, if you do not please let me know.  Thank you for your patience.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

AARP, please ditch the monthly limit. You now require people to be paying members just to buy Carnival gift cards so we shouldn't be stuck to a monthly limit. Especially 1 per month or 3 a month per retailer, whatever that means. Those of us who use them often buy more than one at once to make payments on cruises and buy other things through Carnival. Being limited to 1 a month severely limits our ability to use them to pay on cruises. If this limit is put in place by the new rewards operator, HelloWorld, Inc., then you never should have left Deluxe Rewards, Ltd. Carnival gift cards are very popular and in high demand. AARP stands to lose business with this monthly limit.

Contributor

Where do you even find the e cards?  I cannot find them anywhere.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AudraS111087 wrote:

Where do you even find the e cards?  I cannot find them anywhere.

They pulled the Carnival cards from the site because people were getting them without PIN numbers. They're suppose to be back when it's straightened out.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Has there been a resolution? I'm still not seeing them.

Contributor

They are there just no longer discounted. I have informed AARP that i will not be renewing my membership due to this Trick. 

Periodic Contributor

BEWARE!!  I too want to use my AARP rewards to purchase discounted Carnival gift cards, I've always paid for our cruises this way.  So when I didn't see CCL cards in the rewards list, I searched for them and found a link for them.  Well, come to find out that is an OLD link to giftcards.com that AARP used to use.  Almost bought them at full price through that place!  Smiley Mad

Please!!!!   bring Carnival gift cards back!!  The savings justified my membership cost.

Trusted Contributor

Just an FYI, the Carnival gift cards have returned. They're now allowing 3 per month instead of 1. I'm wondering if that's temporary. I never understood why they removed them. They said they were removed as a result of the outbreak and CDC guidelines, but I don't know what either of those things have to do with buying Carnival gift cards for future cruises.

Periodic Contributor

Where are they? I just went to purchase one and am unable to locate them. Did they remove them yet again?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@wendysue44 wrote:

Where are they? I just went to purchase one and am unable to locate them. Did they remove them yet again?

Yep, they're gone again. Either AARP removed them again or their terrible supplier, HelloWorld, ran out of gift cards. If that's the case, it's pretty sad because they've only been back for about a week and a half. And after not being available for over a month, they should have built up their supply.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you for the information!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They are back now. Just for giggles I went and looked again and was able to purchase them!
Periodic Contributor

Try Allstate drivewise same deal as the gift cards with aarp but it dosent cost anything to join 

Regular Contributor

Just downloaded the app @PatB273614  Found the cards on there. If AARP isn't going to fix this, looks like I will be cancelling membership soon. Thanks for the info!

Contributor

Will probably leave too, those cards were why I joined and stayed. 

Regular Contributor

I was looking for them myself!  The gift cards actually save you money whereas the AARP Travel Expedia site costs you more than booking direct with Carnival! 

Thanks for posting.  I'm following! 

Donna Frizzell
Regular Contributor

It still not right andaarp needs to fix this. They are have $448 of my money and I have nothing! No resolution, no nothng from anyone. It's called FRAUD. They tried to rush out a bug infected program and ot sux as per all the issues ppl are having.

Periodic Contributor

It absolutely is FRAUD!  Selling someone something for a price and it not being what it is suppose to be, is FRAUD.  I've been out $448 too for a worthless piece of paper with a card number on it but no pin, therefore I can't use it so it's worthless.  This has to stop, this has to be resolved TODAY!!!!  

Regular Contributor

Exactly.  Nothing but crickets from @AARPTeri or anyone else from aarp!!

Trusted Contributor

AARP should've began issuing refunds immediately after discovering that this was a major, widewpread problem.

The company that was in charge of the Rewards For Good gift cards, Deluxe Rewards, Ltd., used to sell Carnival Ecards on a regular basis prior to this year. In all my time as a member of Rewards For Good, I don't recall that company selling Ecards without PIN numbers. In my opinion, this is a problem with the new company, HelloWorld, Inc.

Regular Contributor

Yes they took them down as they do not come with a PIN as I just found out after buying the $500 one...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I could not locate them either. Not happy as this was the only thing I use my points for.

Contributor

No I think your right I been looking all day, you can buy them but not at 10% off.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@David3520  and @juditha99205   They will be back!  I will update this thread when we have an issue resolved with them.

AARPTeri
Contributor

When will the Carnival gift cards be back? It's a big factor determining if I will renew membership. 

Regular Contributor

So how long does this take?  I thought your company stated it would be an easy transition to this AARP Rewards program.  Really?  I only use my points for Carnival purchases and some odd sweepstakes entry.  When are the cards coming back?  I have a cruise to pay for! 

Donna Frizzell
Periodic Contributor

Any update? Hate to have to put a dispute in on the CC but this is a bit ridiculous!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP