Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival gift cards

It looks to me like the Carnival gift cards are gone!

Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Periodic Contributor

The only reason I purchased a membership (at 26 years old, mind you) was to be able to continue to purchase Carnival and Royal Carribean gift cards at 10% after they phased out the Rewards for Good program. Now, I cant even earn points because every time i complete a quiz or watch a video I dont receive points and the gift cards arent even showing with no ETA on when they will be available. Not only that, now I'm hearing they will start limiting how many you can buy each month. Had they been upfront about all this from the begining i would have never purchased a memebership. The headache is not worth $16 a year. I will be calling customer service to see if I can cancel and still get my money back as its been less than a week. If anyone else also feels scammed, look into the Allstate rewards program. You dont have to have your insurance through them to take advantage of their rewards, and they are MUCH better than what AARP is offering.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you MirandaV!  I just signed up for Drivewise, now I'll be able to pay off my upcoming cruise with discounted gift cards.  Hopefully AARP brings them back - the only reason I kept my membership and will be canceling it if they don't come back.

Regular Contributor

I heard about the Allstate site thru another thread right here......and i checked it out. I am not a driver, nor do i have a fancy phone. Can i still join the Allstate rewards?  I checked out the stie and didnt see how i could.

Anyone know?

It's pathetic that we here on aarp are resorting to this!  Just recently we had a pretty good rewards program ourselves, but now look at what they foisted on us!  Really LOW of them, after all the hype.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@a460667k wrote:

I heard about the Allstate site thru another thread right here......and i checked it out. I am not a driver, nor do i have a fancy phone. Can i still join the Allstate rewards?  I checked out the stie and didnt see how i could.

Anyone know?

It's pathetic that we here on aarp are resorting to this!  Just recently we had a pretty good rewards program ourselves, but now look at what they foisted on us!  Really LOW of them, after all the hype.

If you're not an Allstate customer, the only way you can sign up for their rewards program is by using the Allstate smartphone app. Then you earn points by letting the app track your driving, because it's a "safe driving" service, and through promotional codes that come by email.

The Allstate Rewards website is exactly like the old Rewards For Good site because it's the same company that ran RFG.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Tab215. It looks like I can't be an Allstate rewards person. No smartphone, and no car, not a driver.
They had to go and change Rewards for Good! ugh. But---there IS hope that the ship gift cards (at 10% off) will come back. Maybe.
Sad to know there is another program, but I can't join! Thanks again for your reply.
Periodic Contributor

Mine received as well and spent before anything else could go wrong...LOL! I still have a few from the old program to use onboard at the end of the month.

Regular Contributor

I got my new ecard and spent it. Hallelujah!

Regular Contributor

See John,  I told you it would get resolved. They HAD to do something.....you paid for it and they had to make it good. Congratulations! enjoy.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Got mine too, though I was under the impression I was getting a physical card that was going to be mailed out. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AARP Teri, Finally had a response 2 days ago which offered us a return of money or a physical card.  I chose the physical card and was told it would be mailed out yesterday 10/3 with expedited shipping.  This morning I called AARP rewards and the customer service rep told me it could take up to 12 weeks to get the card.   When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said in broken English that should could give me the number of the group that issues the card.   I said sure and then she proceeded to give the the generic number to Carnival Cruise Line.  Frustrating!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@b74524s   I am sorry you had that experience.  I have checked and you will receive an email with the shipping and tracking of the card today.  You can then expect to receive the card tomorrow.  Please let us know if you do not.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Can't seem to find the link where I can use my points for carnival gift cards 

Periodic Contributor

Are these going to be available again?  If so when?

Periodic Contributor

@AARPTerri Does that mean that they are all going out today? That would be great as I also have a cruise coming up soon. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Same here. I've been told "several weeks" I cruise is coming up soon so I really need for it to be delivered sooner rather than later. Ive checked my ups choice and nothing is pending delivery. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Ugh that they are gone!  That's why we were keeping our membership.   We were saving up for a cruise and this made it possible.  It was the best benefit to have a AARP membership.

Regular Contributor

You never had to be a member to buy the cards. When our membership ran out, i was still able to buy them. It is fine with me if non members could buy the cards.
I learned about this site thru cruise critic! someone mentioned that rewards for good had the cards discounted, and that is how i got here to begin with. I had no idea what Rewards for Good was, even tho i was an aarp member, before reading about it on Cruise critic.
Periodic Contributor

You are correct you didn't need to be a member to buy them previously.  Many of the cards now are for members only, however, not sure about the carnival ones because I haven't had the privilege of seeing them on the new site.  I just know that this member would like them to be available.  That was my favorite item offered from AARP member or no member.  I just happen to be a member of AARP and hope they listen to those of us that pay dues. 

Regular Contributor

The Carnival gift cards were the only reason we pay for AARP. I keep checking and hope they bring them back. I have been reading that they will be limiting them to one $500 and one $100 per month though. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@nwbw10 wrote:

The Carnival gift cards were the only reason we pay for AARP. I keep checking and hope they bring them back. I have been reading that they will be limiting them to one $500 and one $100 per month though. 

That's right, one per month of each amount. Or at least that's what it said before they were removed. It also said up to 3 a month if you buy them from different retailers. Whatever that means. It's wrong, in my opinion. The Carnival gift cards have been very popular for years and bring a lot of traffic to AARP, so to say thanks, they force people to pay to become members just to buy them, then tack on a ridiculously low limit to boot. People often need more than 1 a month leading up to their cruise. That low limit severely hinders how many people use these gift cards.

Periodic Contributor

You can join Allstate drivewise for free and earn point until aarp gets them back same deal 

Regular Contributor

@PatB273614    Hello.  I can't join Allstate. I tried. I am not a driver, nor do I have a smartphone. aarp "tricked" us with this new site, which is now over a month old. Same abysmal "rewards" as on the first day. I don't even look or come to the site anymore, unless I get kudos.  Thanks AARP---- and, it's really a shame that people over here have to talk about joining another company's program.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@a460667k wrote:

Hello.  I can't join Allstate. I tried. I am not a driver, nor do I have a smartphone. aarp "tricked" us with this new site, which is now over a month old. Same abysmal "rewards" as on the first day. I don't even look or come to the site anymore, unless I get kudos.  Thanks AARP---- and, it's really a shame that people over here have to talk about joining another company's program.

You don't have to drive a car to use Allstate Rewards, but it is connected to their safe-driving Drivewise service that lets you earn more points. But it's not necessary. For people who are not Allstate customers, they do need to install the Allstate app to create a rewards account, though. So since you don't have a smartphone, that'll be a problem. Once an account is created, you don't need the app or a smartphone. It can all be done online from a computer.

Regular Contributor

thank you tb2151 for your reply!  maybe I'll try.

josey.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@cooky11111 we plan to have them back soon! Stay tuned!

Periodic Contributor

Where do we go to keep checking?  I too buy them constantly.  When are they coming bacK?

Retired Moderator

We know you are all looking for these - and we will be sure to update you here when they return!  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

When do they anticipate this problem to be resolved?  Are the gift cards coming back to the rewards program?  Obviously this is something members want.  Patiently  waiting to purchase them-

Periodic Contributor

The new reward program is absolutely nuts! 

As a former businessman myself, I TRULY don't understand why they marketed the new program to their members as being an upgrade of the old RFG program when it was blatantly obvious that it was (is) multiple bad ideas thrown together and labeled "improvement".

Honestly, I think they would have been better off...and would not have generated as much anger and frustration...if they had simply killed the RFG program and replaced it with nothing.

To me, this is a classic case of (as my old boss used to say using tennis terminology) "an unforced error".

Garnett

Contributor

Likewise please let me know when the ability to purchase the Carnival cards returns.  This was a real benefit and it would be a shame if it is not returned.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP