Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Carnival gift cards

Message 91 of 123

@b74524s   I am sorry you had that experience.  I have checked and you will receive an email with the shipping and tracking of the card today.  You can then expect to receive the card tomorrow.  Please let us know if you do not.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 123

AARP Teri, Finally had a response 2 days ago which offered us a return of money or a physical card.  I chose the physical card and was told it would be mailed out yesterday 10/3 with expedited shipping.  This morning I called AARP rewards and the customer service rep told me it could take up to 12 weeks to get the card.   When I asked to speak to a supervisor she said in broken English that should could give me the number of the group that issues the card.   I said sure and then she proceeded to give the the generic number to Carnival Cruise Line.  Frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 123

@nwbw10 wrote:

The Carnival gift cards were the only reason we pay for AARP. I keep checking and hope they bring them back. I have been reading that they will be limiting them to one $500 and one $100 per month though. 

That's right, one per month of each amount. Or at least that's what it said before they were removed. It also said up to 3 a month if you buy them from different retailers. Whatever that means. It's wrong, in my opinion. The Carnival gift cards have been very popular for years and bring a lot of traffic to AARP, so to say thanks, they force people to pay to become members just to buy them, then tack on a ridiculously low limit to boot. People often need more than 1 a month leading up to their cruise. That low limit severely hinders how many people use these gift cards.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 123

Likewise please let me know when the ability to purchase the Carnival cards returns.  This was a real benefit and it would be a shame if it is not returned.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 123

The Carnival gift cards were the only reason we pay for AARP. I keep checking and hope they bring them back. I have been reading that they will be limiting them to one $500 and one $100 per month though. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 123

@cooky11111 we plan to have them back soon! Stay tuned!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 123

Ugh that they are gone!  That's why we were keeping our membership.   We were saving up for a cruise and this made it possible.  It was the best benefit to have a AARP membership.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 123

@AudraS111087 wrote:

Where do you even find the e cards?  I cannot find them anywhere.

They pulled the Carnival cards from the site because people were getting them without PIN numbers. They're suppose to be back when it's straightened out.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 123

Where do you even find the e cards?  I cannot find them anywhere.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 123

@rolaur   You are on our list, if you do not please let me know.  Thank you for your patience.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors