Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Carnival gift cards

Message 101 of 123

@AARPTeri 

I would also like to be contacted today as I have a Carnival ecard as well and have spent hours trying to get it resolved without any help. From calls to AARP, Carnival, and Blackhawk, no one wants to take responsibility for this screw-up. I am ready to just dispute the charge plus cancel my membership and move on. This is simply ridiculous. AARP sells the cards and needs to stand behind their program.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 123

@JohnP366062 @bree702 

You will be contacted tomorrow regarding the correction to the Carnival ecard issue.  We are sorry it took longer than expected.  Please let us know if you do not receive correspondence by 2pm ET.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 123

AARP should've began issuing refunds immediately after discovering that this was a major, widewpread problem.

The company that was in charge of the Rewards For Good gift cards, Deluxe Rewards, Ltd., used to sell Carnival Ecards on a regular basis prior to this year. In all my time as a member of Rewards For Good, I don't recall that company selling Ecards without PIN numbers. In my opinion, this is a problem with the new company, HelloWorld, Inc.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 123

Exactly.  Nothing but crickets from @AARPTeri or anyone else from aarp!!

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 123

It absolutely is FRAUD!  Selling someone something for a price and it not being what it is suppose to be, is FRAUD.  I've been out $448 too for a worthless piece of paper with a card number on it but no pin, therefore I can't use it so it's worthless.  This has to stop, this has to be resolved TODAY!!!!  

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 123

It's a shy, but I went ahead and did a dispute with my CC. They have no idea when there will be a resolution. Also disputed my membership charge.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 123

So how long does this take?  I thought your company stated it would be an easy transition to this AARP Rewards program.  Really?  I only use my points for Carnival purchases and some odd sweepstakes entry.  When are the cards coming back?  I have a cruise to pay for! 

Donna Frizzell
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 123

Any update? Hate to have to put a dispute in on the CC but this is a bit ridiculous!

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 123

AARP, please ditch the monthly limit. You now require people to be paying members just to buy Carnival gift cards so we shouldn't be stuck to a monthly limit. Especially 1 per month or 3 a month per retailer, whatever that means. Those of us who use them often buy more than one at once to make payments on cruises and buy other things through Carnival. Being limited to 1 a month severely limits our ability to use them to pay on cruises. If this limit is put in place by the new rewards operator, HelloWorld, Inc., then you never should have left Deluxe Rewards, Ltd. Carnival gift cards are very popular and in high demand. AARP stands to lose business with this monthly limit.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 123

Since we were unable to purchase our limited amount for Spetember will our Sept allotment be carried over to October? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors