Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Carnival gift cards

Message 131 of 142

I was looking for them myself!  The gift cards actually save you money whereas the AARP Travel Expedia site costs you more than booking direct with Carnival! 

Thanks for posting.  I'm following! 

Donna Frizzell
Report Inappropriate Content
Contributor

Message 132 of 142

They are there just no longer discounted. I have informed AARP that i will not be renewing my membership due to this Trick. 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 133 of 142

BEWARE!!  I too want to use my AARP rewards to purchase discounted Carnival gift cards, I've always paid for our cruises this way.  So when I didn't see CCL cards in the rewards list, I searched for them and found a link for them.  Well, come to find out that is an OLD link to giftcards.com that AARP used to use.  Almost bought them at full price through that place!  Smiley Mad

Please!!!!   bring Carnival gift cards back!!  The savings justified my membership cost.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 134 of 142

It still not right andaarp needs to fix this. They are have $448 of my money and I have nothing! No resolution, no nothng from anyone. It's called FRAUD. They tried to rush out a bug infected program and ot sux as per all the issues ppl are having.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Message 135 of 142

I liked the physical cards, because I have never had a problem using them on the ship to deposit into my On Board Account.

I had an issue with a Walmart Ecard trying to use it at a cash register because the ecard had a specific way of entering it that this particular employee did not know.  I eventually got it, but the people behind me in what was an express line were not happy.

At least using the Carnival Ecard to pay for the cruise up front can be dealt with because you are usually paying well in advance.  Imagine being on the cruise and finding you have no money to spend.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 136 of 142
Thanks for the update. Please let us know when they come back as we are looking at getting them for an upcoming cruise.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 137 of 142

@AARPTeri - what about those of us who have already purchased one without the PIN?  Customer support seems to be giving very mixed answers (last night I was told to call back first thing this morning, this morning I was told it could take 3 to 5 days to resolve).

I would like to book a cruise and would like to use the gift card that I purchased to do so - I'm just looking for an ETA on the resolution process.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 138 of 142

Yes they took them down as they do not come with a PIN as I just found out after buying the $500 one...

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 139 of 142

I could not locate them either. Not happy as this was the only thing I use my points for.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 140 of 142

@David3520  and @juditha99205   They will be back!  I will update this thread when we have an issue resolved with them.

AARPTeri
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors