Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Carnival gift card

So bought a $500 carnival gift card and it has no PIN!!!

What is going to happen about this known issue? I'm currently out $448 now and need this funds to purchase for my Thanksgiving week cruise.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There is no solution to the issue as of yet. Either on Carnivalnor AARP's side. Provably just a blame game game going in while the customer gets the shaft.

I would advise contacting your card issuer to do a chargeback.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@JohnP366062 wrote:

So bought a $500 carnival gift card and it has no PIN!!!

What is going to happen about this known issue? I'm currently out $448 now and need this funds to purchase for my Thanksgiving week cruise.

Payments on Carnival Cruises have to be in 90 days before the cruise. You were already late, so it must not be for the cruise but maybe On Board Credit?  If so, you have plenty of time to get this straightened out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Obviously it's for once or website purchase. Mainly towards the drink package as I have another $500 in gift cards from the old rewards program. 

I dont care I have time. I DO care they have MY money and I have NOTHING nor is anything being done about it.  Not even a message on the forums or email apologizing for the problem.

It's ok. Once it posts on my credit card I'll just dispute the charge if needed alone g with the $12 I paid to be a member in order to but the gift card, which is now a requirement. 

Conversationalist

This is what bothers me most about the cards we can now purchase:

"*You may purchase 1 gift card from this retailer per month and up to a total of 3 gift cards, each from a different retailer, per month. Limited time offer while supplies last. Fulfilled as a digital gift code. Good in store or online."

Can we no longer buy enough cards to pay for a cruise, unless we buy them months in advance and have our money tied up in cards.  The cruise I am taking in November cost us about $3000.  That means six months before the 90 day final payment we have to start buying cards.  The cards for Carnival can only be used with Carnival.  Hopefully they can be transferred to someone else if something happens and you can't use them.  If you cancel with Carnival after you have made the payment, they will only refund with like payment.  They will send you cards.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was looking for the carnival cards but I only found one for the sweepstakes, how can I find them? Thank you for any help in advance.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JohnP366062  (removed to contact Carnival since that is not the current resolution).  I will post an update ASAP.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is absolutely insane that we are still waiting for PIN numbers.  It's been 6 days, you would think with the technology we have today you could match egift card numbers to pin numbers and send them to the people who purchased them.  A simple excel spreadsheet could do that.  When are we going to receive our PIN's?  This is the poorest customer service I have ever seen.  Pay $448 for a gift card, receive the card number and no pin, so basically paid $448 for a worthless piece of paper.  Fraud!

Contributor

After almost an hour on the phone with Carnival, they advise they cannot process the e-cards without a pin number. Multiple phone calls to AARP rewards have had no answers or results.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Carnival cannot process the e-card without a pin number.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@AARPTeri  - I tried calling Carnival 3 different times and was on hold and transferred multiple times.  The answer I got each time was gift cards without PINs are not valid and that I need to go back to the place where I purchased them from.  If you have a particular extension within Carnival that knows how to handle this, please include it but the general Carnival phone number is of no help.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j552968g   I am so sorry you had to experience that, let me escalate this and see what I can find out.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Spoke to Carnival and they are aware due to the amount of calls they are getting from others and they are trying to come up with a solution... So idk.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Are they e-cards now, or was it ordered before the changeover?  I am waiting for three $100 cards to arrive that I ordered before the switch.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes mine is an ecard.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP