Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anyone used: Magazine Gold Card Offer 8,125 pts?

Social Butterfly

Anyone used: Magazine Gold Card Offer 8,125 pts?

Has anyone bought and used this card yet?

Are all the magazines available with one use of the card?  The Magazine Gold Card states that it is worth $20, but the magazines have many different values shown.

So, is this card good for one subscription? Or what?

I get a lot of magazines already, but, I think my Mother might like one of these listed.

Anyone?  @AARPTeri ?

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

I purchased this Magazine "card" yesterday near midday.  The Order confirmation came to my email less than 15 minutes later.

The order confirmation included a link to a site to enter the code provided in the email.  I'm giving this as a gift so I didn't know which magazine to order until I heard from my family member today.  I was able to complete the transaction today and got a confirmation of the magazine I ordered and all of the information that I entered with a link to contact them.  So, I was able to see the information that I entered and it was all correct; it was a good confirmation.

One thing that seemed odd was that it stated "It may take up to 16 weeks for your first issue to arrive depending on the magazine's publishing schedule."  That seems like an excessively long period time and I hope it doesn't actually take that long.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo  .

Andrew saw the card yesterday and thought about my experience with magazine I won on 6/1/19 via R4G.  It took 6 months to receive, just got December & January this month.

Not willing to chance it, please post if you get it in required time limit.

Glad you got it.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPJessicaT @AARPAnneH 

I hope to see this magazine redemption option again.  In reading about it, I remember that it could be used as a gift.  There was a large-print magazine that my Mother would like to receive, I think.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's a great value. Plenty of magazines to choose from. I think it's a perfect gift for your Mom. Every month she'll remember your kindness 

Conversationalist

I redeemed 8,125 points on Dec 19-2019 but never received a code.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@MemberS2006 - an email was sent to you upon redemption of the points. Please check your junk/spam folders just in case the code is there. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Possibly went to Spam but have never had AARP emails do so before.Since I redeemed Dec 19th I wouldn't have spam email from that long ago.Still can not get any of the Members Only deals either.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@MemberS2006, I have sent you the email again, so keep an eye out for it. You will receive it within 10-15 minutes. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you for trying to help with the problem.I have four emails from AARP today.

The Daily,

Member Benefit Update,

Thank you for giving 4000 pts to the AARP Foundation,

Get Wise to Smart Technology,

but nothing regarding the Magazine Redemption.Nothing in the Spam Folder either.Apparently there is some issue with my account in general.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MemberS2006 Did you order magazines through Rewards for Good?  Let us know what you mean about Magazine Redemption. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MemberS2006 - You can call 1-800-215-1015 regarding you magazine order. That team will be able to help.  Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I saw the offer again today and decided to try it and it went through just fine.I received the code within minutes and was able to reedem easily.Would it be possible to try and send me another code for the Dec 2019 redemption that wasn't received so I can get a magazine for those points also.??

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@MemberS2006 I've resent the email from your December 19th redemption. Let me know if you need anything else! 

AARP Community Manager
Conversationalist

I never received the email with Redemption code or instructions.The points were deducted but no reward code sent.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Is that a reward in catalog for Points Only?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Hi Marylin, @mi4090 

This card was available yesterday for a while.  Maybe it will come back.  I think I read something that made me believe that I could give a gift subscription.

Happy Holidays,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, where did you see it (email or catalog,etc)?  Why was only available (1) day?

Thanks

happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

The only time I saw this offer was on Thursday 12/19/19.  But, it may return, but I still have questions about how it worked.  If it comes back maybe we will get more answers.

Happy Holidays,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, you still didn't say if it was in an email, catalog or whereSmiley Happy  I'd love to get some magazines.  Thanks

Happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 Opps!

It was on the same page as the other rewards, the Reedem page. 

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo (Andrew)

Thanks a lotSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

It was in the reward section on the site. It probably was successful so hopefully they'll bring the reward back

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gc2525 

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

used it and got the magazine I wanted. The code is good for any magazine listed. When they say a $20 value that's kind of an average. Some magazines are worth much much more ( some a little less). I too hope the offer comes back because I want to select a few for myself and a few for my family ( I've got quite a few points to use)

Social Butterfly

@gc2525 

Thanks for your reply.  I can now reedem that magazine card without apprehension because of your experience.

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP